What Makes Your Hosting Company Different?

I cant help but notice hosting companies offering absurd hosting packages for pennies per month (especially on these forums). Im in the intermediate stage of the hosting industry, and was wondering what types of services, specials, or packages you offer to set you apart from the thousands of hosts on the Internet.

Im just trying to get a feel for what makes one company prefered over another...

Thanks

Greetings:

Our parent company focuses on the following:

1. Not competing on price. Competing on values delivered.

2. Handling all support including server administration services in-house. This leads to a faster turn around time, no problems with the language, and in-house staff that gets to learn each customer's personal needs over time.

3. Personal service. Customers can call, email, fax. 99% of the time they get a person (no automated telephone system), and almost every call can be handled without a call back.

4. Customer focus. We have an in-house customer advocate who will do their best to see things from the customer's point of view.

The above has led to very low turn over. This year we've had less than 1% turn over of clients.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Sigh..... not ANOTHER one of these...

Re: What Makes Your Hosting Company Different?

Originally posted by kshego
    what makes one company prefered over another...
    Why, our customer service is better than anyone lese of course!

I just had to get that in to save the other 875 people wasting bandwidth to say the same.

Gordon
    Formerly: Managing Director, Hostroute.com Ltd & Marketing Director, Ultraspeed UK Ltd
    View my Professional Profile: www.gordonhudson.com

we abuse our clients

we ignore support requests
    when clients call we humiliate them
    we over bill, sometimes twice
    when the clients become a nag we turn off their server until they beg to come back by then they forget the support request

believe it or not this technique works well......

dos centavos

Originally posted by miami_g

we abuse our clients

when the clients become a nag we turn off their server until they beg to come back by then they forget the support request

believe it or not this technique works well......

dos centavos
    See Eye Host? Is that you?

Originally posted by UmBillyCord

See Eye Host? Is that you?

we pride ourselves on painful hosting

visit us at

http://xxxfemdomhosts.org

where we will whip you into shape
    or else

Originally posted by miami_g
    we abuse our clients
    It worked for Cyberwings.

haha... Miami, i just about fell out of my seat when i read your first post
    Geek 3 Computer Repair

We focus on innovation. Specifically, we try to create hosting plans that are not easily duplicated by other hosting companies. It means we don't usually have to try to compete with all the wannabe's out there.

Of course, good support always helps, but we don't manage people's web sites for them or do web design. We leave that part up to our resellers.
    Sincerely,
    Andrew Kinney
    CTO, Advantagecom Networks
    http://www.SimplyWebHosting.com

Everything on this end is custom built and massaged to match the current needs of the sites, and their owners. Rather than relying on stock software and setups that are made available by hundreds of other hosts, we provide a unique service with unique tools built specifically for the servers they operate within.

Our Data Center now sets us apart from many by offering the Site Owners a sense of security against a collo shutting us down for any number of reasons. 1st-tier service and support is comforting to many site owners as well as having access to each of the team members on a daily basis which obviously enhances the service level over-all.

The clients are given a service that promotes confidence in their host. This is especially helpful when things go wrong. Rather than having to abuse redial on the phone or run frantically to other forums, most of the clients realize that they can grab a coke and consider it a 'commercial break' confident that we are on top of the situation working to bring everything back to normal in the shortest amount of time possible.

When a host goes down it seems the stress experienced by the client can cause them to require Prozac...
    Some people experience mild side effects [when taking Prozac] like nausea, difficulty sleeping, drowsiness, anxiety, nervousness, weakness, loss of appetite, tremors, dry mouth, sweating, decreased sex drive, impotence...
    Intelligent and Sanity-Based Hosting prevents the need for Prozac !!
    FutureQuest.net
    Quality Services & Professional Support Since 1998
    Click Here To Visit the Community

dynamicnet & deb
    Thank goodness there are mature business people on here.
    Mark Castle
    Secura Hosting Ltd
    www.capitalethernet.co.uk
    My views are my own and not those of my company.

Originally posted by Deb
    Our Data Center now sets us apart from many by offering the Site Owners a sense of security against a collo shutting us down for any number of reasons.
    Deb, that could also be your weakness too. It just depends on how your cashflow is structured and how much capital you have and how much debt your company is servicing. I'm sure there have been plenty of hosts go under who own their own datacenters.

notice I said "could be your weakness". I'm not saying this "is your weakness"
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

notice I said "could be your weakness". I'm not saying this "is your weakness"
    True... these issues could be anyone's weakness...Data Center or not. For that I will proudly state FutureQuest has also accomplished everything to date cash out. No Debt. If everything were to blow up tomorrow we could walk away even, and our clients would be able to do the same -- whew!

This is also why I believe it is important to work within a profit-based rate structure that makes real-world sense.
    FutureQuest.net

Deb,

I am just going through VisionQuest.net now. Nice setup indeed. I'm currently watching your server room. Tell someone to go in there and jump around or something.

LOL, we had enough that earlier today while the security system was being enhanced.... Please don't jinx it. I'd rather the entire team be able to stay at home this weekend
    FutureQuest.net

ok, but Aussie Bob will be watching come Monday. I expect to see some humans there.

Talking

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    ok, but Aussie Bob will be watching come Monday. I expect to see some humans there.
    Monday is a holiday in the States.
    The member formerly known as Enigmatics
    Teh Harem

/me makes note to hire BoBo the Bopping Clown for the Data Center to please Sir Aussie Bob
    FutureQuest.net