hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : Umm, did The Planet just rip off $443 from me?

Forum Jump

Umm, did The Planet just rip off $443 from me?

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-18-2008, 05:08 PM

Umm, did The Planet just rip off $443 from me?

I'll try to make this as short as possible. I've been waiting to get a server for a long time. On Monday, I went ahead and ordered a server from The Planet. 20 minutes later, I decided for the money I might as well upgrade my package a little bit (from $180 to $220). So I chatted with one of the sales representatives (Ryan B to be exact) and was told my first order was canceled and that the second server was ordered. $197 was charged for the first order and today, 5 days later, has yet to be refunded.

I found out on Tuesday that I'm being laid off on August 22. With this information, I immediately canceled my second order with The Planet, knowing I wouldn't be able to pay it monthly. I was told the order was canceled (the server was never setup) and I also asked about my first order. They said it had been canceled and I should be getting the refund shortly. That was Tuesday afternoon. I contacted them on Wednesday and again they said I should be getting the money soon. It's a simple credit card charge back, it can be done instantly. It's now Friday afternoon, almost 5 days since I ordered my first server and the money (totaling $443) still hasn't been refunded. Is this normal...? I really could use that money...

For anyone at The Planet, the order numbers are 487916 and 487919. Please refund my money! Thank You.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Web Hosting Master

Seems to me like the first order you shyould get a refund for, but unless they feel generous I dont quite see why they sould refund the second one.

Old 07-18-2008, 06:11 PM
Disabled

happens with all hosting companys. refunds take 3-5 days. I had a refund from a charged cc and it took about 7 days for it to appear on my bank account.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2008, 06:11 PM
Junior Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipdipchip View Post
I'll try to make this as short as possible. I've been waiting to get a server for a long time. On Monday, I went ahead and ordered a server from The Planet. 20 minutes later, I decided for the money I might as well upgrade my package a little bit (from $180 to $220). So I chatted with one of the sales representatives (Ryan B to be exact) and was told my first order was canceled and that the second server was ordered. $197 was charged for the first order and today, 5 days later, has yet to be refunded.

I found out on Tuesday that I'm being laid off on August 22. With this information, I immediately canceled my second order with The Planet, knowing I wouldn't be able to pay it monthly. I was told the order was canceled (the server was never setup) and I also asked about my first order. They said it had been canceled and I should be getting the refund shortly. That was Tuesday afternoon. I contacted them on Wednesday and again they said I should be getting the money soon. It's a simple credit card charge back, it can be done instantly. It's now Friday afternoon, almost 5 days since I ordered my first server and the money (totaling $443) still hasn't been refunded. Is this normal...? I really could use that money...

For anyone at The Planet, the order numbers are 487916 and 487919. Please refund my money! Thank You.
Both orders are correctly marked as canceled in our system, so the only question would be when each of the orders started the refund process. You will certainly be receiving the refund in full because the servers were not put into service for you, but due to several items out of our control (specifically bank processing time), it can take 3-5 business days for refunds to be reflected correctly on your card once we push them.

If you happen to have any additional ticket numbers for the cancellations, I can follow up with those as well in case you've been corresponding with folks about the refund process.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Zayo Acquires Dallas Provider CoreXchange Web Hosting News 2014-03-06 10:43:58
Emerging Tech: Email, Security and Privacy Blog 2013-08-29 11:29:43
IBM, EMC Eye SoftLayer for Potential Acquisition: Reports Web Hosting News 2013-03-17 18:39:22
DH Capital Names SoftLayer Co-Founder Managing Director Web Hosting News 2013-01-23 10:30:44
Equity Firm GI Partners Acquires Data Centers in San Diego, Northern Virginia Web Hosting News 2012-12-20 12:50:38