What's up with Nodehosting?

I tried to open an account on 8/25/02 - no response, no email, nothing. I spoke online with "Alan" on 8/26/02 and he said he would set up my account - nothing. I sent an email asking what the problem was and received a response from Alan saying my account had been set up and he provided an ip address which does not work. I opened a support ticket on 8/27/02 - no response. I have left numerous voicemails and sent emails asking what the problem is, including to Frank Arena - no response. I can't even get the ip for their nameservers in order to transfer my domain.

Has Nodehosting bit the bullet?

well if you started on the 25th and today is the 30th, then I would start looking for another host.

Not sure of your needs, but there are plenty of hosts, do some research on and off WHT on these hosts.

Shawn

edit to correct spelling
    Last edited by gagsplus; 08-30-2002 at 10:50 AM.
    Gagsplus - http://www.gagsplus.com
    Best of Humor www.bestofhumor.com

I agree, its time to change, try to email them for a refund. It shouldnt take this long, and if it did, you deserve a responce to your emails
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.
    http://www.chicago-ecigs.com

5 days between 25-30th is a big bad support response time. I wish you all the best to your new webhost and site.
    Affordable Magix Solutions for your Site!
    http://www.HostMagix.com

*pats* That's exactly what Datahosts did to me. Although, it took me the better part of two weeks to realize that I needed to change.

It really sucks. What I did was I tracked down the company that the server uses for paypal/credit card payments (paysystems, for me) and logged in a complaint there. I got my money back. Or at least, I was _told_ I've got my money back. (Haven't gotten the monthy statement yet).

If that doesn't work, and you used a credit card, stop payment.

Contact me offlist at [email protected] - I just saw this thread and not sure why you were not setup. All orders that we have gotten have been setup unless they were not able to be verified by phone. By policy, we MUST verify every order by phone prior to setup to prevent fraud, and to keep other people from using your credit card information for thier own.

I am sorry about the problems, but if you contact me, I will look into it and find out what is going on.

Nodehosting,

Never received a phone call. However, I have been in contact with your company by phone (message - oh yeah your phone supposedly doesn't work), by email (never received an answer) by chat (with Alan - supposedly set up my account - oh yeah, a power outage caused that problem). I have opened support tickets that went unanswered for five days. Just must be a terrible run of bad luck.

If your phone problems allowed for outgoing calls, why was I never called?

Cancel my account.

tcbbz

Once again, I am trying to resolve this issue, you never contacted me off forum as requested, and I can NOT find your order in the system. I will cancel the account, no problem. The problem I have is that you claim you ordered a account that was never setup and I can not get any information from you as to what account it was (as orders do not have WHT nicknames on them) to find out the reason it was not processed. Also, if Alan stated that it was setup, then 99% it was. If you would work with me here, I would provide a reason for what happened, besides the garbage you are throwing up there that makes no sense to me or anyone I have talked to.

The phone problem was just noticed today, and we are working that out with AT+T. Not sure what is going on there, but I will post up once I know what is going on since you do not want to contact me to figure out the problem, just blast our company for not setting up an account that does not exist to us.

Same thing happened to me when I ordered an account with Node Hosting. Placed my order and did not hear anything for a week. Finally, I emailed to cancel.

They responded within a day and told me they never got the order.

Don't know what is going on over there. But, it does not appear they are intentionally misleading people. Just sloppy order handling.

I am working on a system over this weekend into next week to prevent this from happening again.

Currently, it only drops to the support email for them to catch and setup. I am going to arrange it to cc me and also other means of verification of orders.

It is obvious for a business we want the orders, not setting them up costs us money, and that is what we are in business for, to host customers. Not setting them up or ignoring them would not be in our best intrest.

I am sorry to all that have not been contacted, and I have found one issue that is being corrected that could of been the cause of this. If you do have a order pending with us, please let me know directly and I will do my best to get thing corrected. Thank you.

That should stop this from happening again

as of today my 5 sites and e-mail have been down for over 3 days straight. can't seem to get any information. when I used the online chat help, support person Alan was not even aware of any problems, and could not check to infact see if I was having problems. no repsonse to e-mail, and the support ticket page on their site is inoperable. not a pretty picture.