Thread: fastservers.net

fastservers.net

Hi,

Backup space is $5 / month / 100MB. Is that not a bit steep for people with large hard disks? How are people getting around that? Does anyone know the comression ration?

If i sell a plan with 200MB and backup is say 1:2 ratio that means i already have an overhead of $5 per month on that plan.

Also:
    Does anyone here have a WIndows 2000 server with them?
    Please share your experiences.
    Do they come with Terminal Services installed? Can i install any control panel i want?

Thanks.
    Sam.

Just get a extra HD with the dedicated server, everynight tar it to the Extra HD?
    Western Man

Thanks, that sounds like the best plan. I was a bit concerned about both HD failing at once but i suppose the chances are extremely slim.

hehe sure is
    Western Man

or you can download backup to your local machine/another server on a weekly basis... you have enough bandwidth

use rsync to save even more bandwidth

Thanks guys.
    Anyone got a url for info on remote synching with Win2k?

Originally posted by apollo
    or you can download backup to your local machine/another server on a weekly basis... you have enough bandwidth

use rsync to save even more bandwidth
    That's the best way to go, seeing as how you DO NOT own the server the data is on.

If there was a misunderstanding, it could cripple your business.

I suggest purchasing your own server and using rsync to backup user data... this way you own the server, so there is no questioning over what will happen with the data.

rsync is not available for Windows ;(

Im searching for a similair Windows app at the moment so if anyone knows of a good one please let me know

Thanks!

Sam.

i did find this that i thought was quite amusing as the only review was a serious Flame!

http://download.com.com/3000-2181-62...ml?tag=lst-0-1