attracting new customers

hello friends,

my question how do u find new customers to your hosting business? i know it's basically advertising but which advertising method is more powerful to get new customers over the interent? please advice

I find that the best way to get new customers is to keep your current customers in bliss . Word of mouth is such a powerful form of advertisement that it sometimes does a lot of the work for you. However, I find more customers are attracted to flexibility, variety in services, and quality of services.

If you think about it, the more services and options you have, the more likely you are to attract new people. However, you can find pros and cons with this mentality because if you put in too much money to offer new services in an already over-saturated market...you may find yourself in a hole far quicker than if you had about 4 plans of linux web hosting.

Just my two cents .
    SwiftModders - Premium WHMCS Themes, Blesta Themes, and WordPress Development
    View my top-rated WHMCS Themes trusted by over 1,000 businesses!
    █ Now offering Blesta Themes to transform your Blesta client area!

niche markets. find a niche in your area and exploit it. to many hosts for advertising on net to work

exactly, too many hosts on the same sites like this chasing the same customer. As I have said many times before, the customer your likely to get in a place like wht is already an experienced one who knows what they want and who they will go to get it.

Work on attracting those customers (and there are still plenty out there) who dont come to WHT, who need you help in uderstanding what it is they need and pull them that way.

how about heavy advertising in google with $10k to $20k budget

I'd say post in forums like this and other websites that are similar to this.

Tell all of your friends to tell all of their friends and so on.

Its one big chain. Word of mouth also works.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeocop View Post
    how about heavy advertising in google with $10k to $20k budget
    Your money would be better spent advertising on WHT than with AdWords or the like. If you can afford to set 10 grand on fire just to watch it burn, then by all means use AdWords, but please know that your cost per new client will most likely average about $50 each, and could be as much as double that depending on a lot of variables.
    ██ UBERHOST
    NEXT GENERATION HOSTING
    Managed dedicated & shared hosting

how do u spread your name out of your local niche market

best to keep your current customers happy then word of mouth well help. we hard a few customers who had sites with us who we gave them a 15% of any of our packages of when they hit 20 sites doing that did help us build up our number of servers and client base.

As they have been with us for a number of years we now offer 35% of as standard and also we can provider faster support and provide a more personal touch to our service as we are not open to the public anymore.
    Daniel Simmons
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician

When i ran my hosting biz, we attracted alot of customers by sending a postcard to new business that were recently registered. We received alot of business this way
    strip poker anyone?

Few are

Word of Mouth
    Adv via your clients . VERY EASY, just give them good offers
    WHT forums
    google adwords
    Several Chats, and comunites
    Windows Hosting Server Setup
    Expert Windows Hosting Solutions
    http://www.skydel-networks.com

We did a couple of things really to gain new business.
    First was look locally, offer discounts to people who already have hosting. Allot of businesses love the idea of local hosting companies, its easier for them..

Another thing we did was buy UK customers from other hosts with a similar setup to us... We actually looked on WHT for hosts with very bad feedback and messagged a few of them asking if they would sale some or all of their UK client base. It's easier to obtain customers if they are unhappy with their current hosts...

Another thing we tried is advertising and writting articals in national technical magazines. That suprisingly brought in a fair bit of business... Which was nice..

And finally every couple of months we'll do an Online advertising Campaigne with MSN and Google...
    SOA/SaaS/Cloud & Hosting Technology Evangelist
    Note: Any opinions expressed are my own and not of anyone else or my companies.

hmm, interesting ideas thax for the advice

Do something different
    Olly | INX-Gaming
    Call of Duty 4 hosting