* So your reseller goes under what do you do?

You go purchase you a reselling account. Everythings good, you got customers, and your doing well but your server goes under because they crashed, didnt pay the bills or was hacked whatever the case may be. You loose customers over it. What do you do? Looking for opinions before I look into purchasing a resellers account

You get another account and take care of your customers.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

DigiCrime,

You may have a back up plan that if Mr. X host fails i will move to Mr. Y.

Main thing is that you need to look for a reseller hosting plan from a reputable host, which does not have a long hostory of server crashes & hope everything turns out well..

...if you continue hosting, you might consider getting a "bare bones" reseller account as a backup. Even if you purchase a cheap 1 or 2 GIG plan from another reseller, you'll have the additional nameservers to take over when the other ones fail. the extra $10 - $30 per month might save your accounts (and your reputation) in the event this happens again...

...it wouldn't surprise me if 95% of the people in the hosting business today won't be around in a year from now... so if you plan on staying in it, and need to continue reselling until you're ready for your own server, recycle some aluminum if you have to and pay for the backup...
    Mothers of the world unite! Spank your sons and make them quit fighting...

I would say keeping backups of everything would be the best idea atleast weekly.. The other thing that would help is like said above get a second account for a backup.. It will be worth it in the long run.. Chances are if host X goes down and you have no backups and the server does not come back up you are going to loose a large amount of customers.

I would say keeping backups of everything would be the best idea atleast weekly.. The other thing that would help is like said above get a second account for a backup.. It will be worth it in the long run.. Chances are if host X goes down and you have no backups and the server does not come back up you are going to loose a large amount of customers.
    Ditto

I would suggest getting a small reseller account with a company that you could trust. After a while you would be able to judge how the company operates and whether or not the company is going to be around for a while.

If after using the service for a period of time, then decide your next step at that point.

But, like has been suggested, make sure you have backups of all your accounts. Even your clients accounts if need be. This way if something happens, you can move your clients to a new host.
    Regards,
    Karen
    -----
    Reseller Accounts and Dedicated Servers