need help regarding uploading

I am new to webhosting.can any please help me how to upload files to a webhost.

When you order hosting and your order has been processed your host will usually send you an email message with your server login info.

Most of the time you can access your folders by FTP. Some Operating Systems come with them, others you may have to install one. There are many good, free FTP client options available.

Also if you have access to a control panel there is often a file manager that you can use to upload files via your web browser.

thanks...

how to set the starting page...

i.e. if i type mysite.com in browser it is showing all files which i have uploaded. how to set the default page.. please help me

you need to name your first file index.html so it will show up as first and won't show your files anymore.

thnks dude

i have one file which is 6 mb , i am not able to upload that file..Because dreamhost restricting to 4 mb .. how to upload this...... please help me

I think you should contact your webhost.......

Quote Originally Posted by pvakr View Post
    i have one file which is 6 mb , i am not able to upload that file..Because dreamhost restricting to 4 mb .. how to upload this...... please help me
    I think you should contact your webhost and request them to increase the upload limit.

your level of knowledge is a bit low to do this all by yourself. I suggest reading the DreamHost Wiki: http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Main_Page