Whats up at the HELM

HELM the new windows control panel (you've heard how great it was previously) seems to have a luch date of dec 2002 now as opposed to sep 2002 now.

Does this look like another much hyped, much delayed control panel? Anyone know are they having beta testing problems as it looked very promising, I'm a bit scared of it now.

Well personally i think(and could be very wrong about this), that since the beginning of helm there as been ALOT of hype,, this being the case the company has been pushing the release date forward in order to try and meet the expecations of what all this hype has set..

I could be wrong but its just my view on whats going on..
    I had one of the moderators at there forum tell me that it will DEFINATELY be released within 6months or so....

How ever when things come down to it, im sure that moderator doesnt have the final call, so we will never know until the day its up for sale honestly..
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!
    A Resellers Dream, In a Box

Well i have been working with the developers of Helm since they started putting together requirements and testing business methods and processes etc 2 years ago. Their date had never changed from then which I was impressed with. This change is the only one i've seen in the 2 years and according to what they say, its been becuase of additional requirements and results from the beta testing and other feedback they received.

I've seen and used the control panel and since its in beta I'm sure there are others too. I can tell you its definately not another vapourware control panel and really does do what it says it can, plus more in my eyes.

Guess i was wrong then,, hehe...
    Well if thats true , than thats really good to hear and i'll be looking forward to it..
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!

we've been using the beta for a while now....i think feedback from various other hosts customers while testing has set it back a bit.....people always want more features
    Jonny b
    http://www.vibus.net
    UK Reseller, Dedicated & Collocation Accounts

Originally posted by jonny b
    people always want more features
    That will never end ........ !

Well if they wait until everyone is happy and every bug is worked out,, by the time its released there will be some kind of damned new technology like micro servers with artificial intellegence that control everything themselves and only take up 5% of a U......

I mean god.. they are going to let the next millinium pass them buy or what...

People will have figured out time travel and helm will still be in beta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL,, Thats it,, thats how helm will finally be finished,, people from the distant future of 3079 will finally get tired of waiting on the release and send people back in time to get it right...

Is that what we are waiting on here....
    sorry,,
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!

????? ( reaches for straightjacket )
    Jonny b

LOL,, sorry,, but microsoft was formed faster than this control panel,, j/king...

I couldnt do it any better, couldnt do it at all,, i just find the situation funny.
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!

well at least its not a lot of hype about nothing......unlike the hype about some Linux panels that have been 'coming soon' for that long that Apache 3 will be out quicker
    Jonny b

Originally posted by jdp29053
    Well if they wait until everyone is happy and every bug is worked out,, by the time its released there will be some kind of damned new technology like micro servers with artificial intellegence that control everything themselves and only take up 5% of a U......

I mean god.. they are going to let the next millinium pass them buy or what...

People will have figured out time travel and helm will still be in beta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL,, Thats it,, thats how helm will finally be finished,, people from the distant future of 3079 will finally get tired of waiting on the release and send people back in time to get it right...

Is that what we are waiting on here....
    sorry,,
    LOL.. How the hell you come to this conclusion!?.. Surely not all the control panel beaters are alike.. a 3 month change after 2 years and the only one isn't really a cause to concern. They only started the development in the middle of this year. They spent most of the time with us and, by the sounds of it, Vibus looking into business processes and BKMs.
    Last edited by Adam_S; 08-30-2002 at 03:23 PM.

Am I wrong are are some of the beta sites e.g. Open Hosting and Vibus a little less enthusistic about the product now having seen the beta or am I completly wrong there?

What were they doing for the 18 months before they started development? (Answer: people forget how important planning is, important not to rush in and start development, blah, blah, I presume)

Am I wrong are are some of the beta sites e.g. Open Hosting and Vibus a little less enthusistic about the product now having seen the beta or am I completly wrong there?
    Not at all i've just stopped boring people with my excitment for the minute......once the RC is out ( end of sept afaik ) you can all test it to your hearts content and join the majority!

Cheers,
    Jonny b

Actually the beta has got my joices flowing even more.. They added loads which I hadn't seen before.

I still really really really can't wait for this beast. Its the only CP I've seen that will work well for my business.

It has the features but they realy need to work on the interface!!!!

It support multiple interfaces. I might develop my own interface.

At least your not stuck with one whether you like it or not, and individual users can choose the one they like rather than what their admin likes.

I'm sure other CPs will copy the idea.