I do

The danger here is if you forget to renew the domain or the domain gets disabled at the current registrar, you will not be able to receive email for the domain - like a transfer acknowledgement.

Just make sure you maintain control of the nameservers and that you don't forget to renew the domain and you should be all set.

-t
    myOstrich Internet - OpenSRS Domain Names & Digital Certificates
    http://www.myostrich.net

if you are the reseller it does not matter what you place on the domain name admin email, you should get those directly from your resgitrar, I do, but I don't mind placing my name, that way I would be able to tell if someone is trying to grab from under me.

I guess I would not have assumed that Registrant Contact email - newbie question is a reseller, but perhaps...

-t
    myOstrich Internet - OpenSRS Domain Names & Digital Certificates
    http://www.myostrich.net

NEVER!

I would say NEVER!

It's like putting a spare car key inside your trunk or that of your home in the kitchen.

True, MANY non-newbie registrants do that; but since you have already smelt something wrong, why would you still follow the herd?
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Not too bright of an idea, especially with a higher quality domain name.

One more question.. Why would you want to hide your actual email if you dont mind me asking..