Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

* JAGUARPC VPS DOWN 20 hours

Hi, is there someone else with servers or VPSs down at Jaguarpc?

http://www.jaguarpc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20244

They don't update the thread, don't answer the tickets in the support system. I had previous downtimes with them but in 15 min, max one hour the problem was corrected.

I think a downtime of 20 HOURS is tooo big don't you think?

I have to agree 20 hours is pretty lengthy and especially without any real updates.

There website loads, Have you tried to contact them?

Hi,

As you may have not taken the time to read the forum post at jaguarpc...

"Hi,

The VZ node peregrin.nocdirect.com is having some technical issues. Our techs are investigating the issue in detail and currently working on it. We will update the thread as soon as we have more findings.
    Your patience is greatly appreciated."

Of course i read the post, i contacted them 4 hours before of that post when i noticed my vps was down.

Read the hour of that post: 1 a.m today. Since that hour i have not received any update or workaround.
    I have three VPS with them and can't access even my backups to restore some important accounts in other of my vps.

21 Hours Downtime, no update :((

If it's not a network/datacenter issue, I don't see why they'd have so much downtime. How long does it really take to swap hardware? Only thing that could take long would be if the RAID failed or something, but that would be unlikely if it was setup correctly and rebuilding it wouldn't take that long, correct?

Jagpc is a big provider, so I'm sure they'll have an update eventually with an explanation.

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the downtime but I'm sure they're working on it, and sometimes VPS NODES do have issues in these particular situations such as needing a FSCK or QUOTA check and can take hours to complete if they have a large NODE or one with large drives, anyhow good luck and keep us posted.

Cheers
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Well, i was a (not happy but satisfied) JPC customer, but almost 22 hours of downtime is too much.

Previously i had two or three downtimes between 6 and 7 hours when Jaguar PC bought DEHE.COM.

I take breath.... and tought it was a "Transfer Issue"...

This year i had like four or five minor downtimes and one Datacenter Issue, i just wrote a ticket and wait patiently but now....

I will take out my VPS from there, I prefer to pay less for unmanaged VPSs, and with the rest of the money make my own "contingency plan"

What do you think about tektonic.net?
    Last edited by wwwcad; 07-09-2008 at 07:52 PM. Reason: I mean tektonic.net

Quote Originally Posted by wwwcad View Post
    Of course i read the post, i contacted them 4 hours before of that post when i noticed my vps was down.

Read the hour of that post: 1 a.m today. Since that hour i have not received any update or workaround.
    I have three VPS with them and can't access even my backups to restore some important accounts in other of my vps.
    This was aimed towards RWMedia and not you.

23 Hours Downtime....

sorry Matt, I just notice the Rwmedia message, for sure you know how do you feel with issues like this : GG

24 hours downtime.....>!!!!!

i don't know why they don't transfer the vpss to other node or nodes!! it's not that hard... All the VPS in that node are VZ

I have one VPS account with Jaguarpc and haven't had any issues with it besides the occasional hickup at GNAX. I personally would be pretty frustrated in your situation and anything that takes that long to be fixed. I also agree that I think that they should move the clients on that node if it isn't like a routing issue, but a hardware issue.

24 hours downtime.....>!!!!!
    We understand your frustration. I know that its not been continuously down for 24 hours because I was personally working on the server and monitoring it for almost three hours earlier today and it was running with all VPS's online. Afterward however it did go down again. The techs are still trying to narrow down the cause for this.

i don't know why they don't transfer the vpss to other node or nodes!! it's not that hard... All the VPS in that node are VZ
    This is already underway and some VPS's have already been moved.
    Les Fuqua | VP Operations Jaguarpc - Keeping websites happy since 1998
    Managed IT Solutions -  Business hosting | Virtual Private Servers | Cloud VPS Hosting | Dedicated servers | Backup service
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | Twitter: @JaguarPC | (888)-338-5261 | sales @ jaguarpc.com

I don't have any account on Jaguar, but I think 23 hours is too long. I just visited JaguarPC website. They guarantee 100% uptime. Read the following:

===========
    Data Center (NOC) Guarantee
    We guarantee that the critical systems, including power and HVAC, will be available 100% of the time in a given month, excluding scheduled maintenance. We will refund the customer 5% of the monthly fee for each 60 minutes of downtime (up to 100% of customer's monthly fee).
    ===========

I believe if you ask them, you will be refunded at least 100% of your monthly fee. Insist them to restore your VPS and to refund your monthly fee.

Personally, I had some VPSs on knownhost california DC. Alhough, they don't offer bigger disk space, I can say they are best both the support and reliability.

26 hours and counting....

PLEASE JAG OR SOMEONE AT JAGUARPC, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT....

Where can i have an ETA or some explanation about what's going on??

The tickets are not answered at the support panel.

All i need is access to the backup of my VPS

wwwcad did you not read this post:
    Quote Originally Posted by LesJPC View Post
    We understand your frustration. I know that its not been continuously down for 24 hours because I was personally working on the server and monitoring it for almost three hours earlier today and it was running with all VPS's online. Afterward however it did go down again. The techs are still trying to narrow down the cause for this.

This is already underway and some VPS's have already been moved.
    Last edited by Mr. Obvious; 07-09-2008 at 10:28 PM. Reason: forgot post :P
    $this->hasFlavr() ? $nom->nom('nom') : $want->doNot()

Thank you LesJPC for your answer.

In my case i'm being totally honest, i'm frustrated but i'm not exaggerating at all.

My server with the ip: 69.73.186.12 have been down all the 24 hours.

Check my first ticket 24 hours ago, i have been posting there hour by hour since last night:

TICKET ID: 12713519

The server only came back for 25 minutes but that was at 11:30a.m today.

27 hours and 40 minutes downtime....

And it's still down... I can't imagine the frustration you must be feeling, wwwcad! Such a long downtime is TOTALLY unacceptable. I'll make sure to never use JaguarPC.

35 hours of downtime... i can't believe it...

And my account only have used 1GB - 2GB of disk space of my quota....

They dont want to give me acces to the backups.

i don't know what to do...

Quote Originally Posted by texo View Post
    And it's still down... I can't imagine the frustration you must be feeling, wwwcad! Such a long downtime is TOTALLY unacceptable. I'll make sure to never use JaguarPC.
    yeees, i'm starting to think they don't want to solve my problem.. Maybe because of this post?

It looks like Jaguarpc is currently moving each account to different nodes according to Jagpc forum.

:'( ... i know..

they said that on my 24 hour...!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast