Just a little something about Fastservers.net

I have to say that after ordering my new ded. server from fastservers.net, I am really happy I did it. Those guys at fastservers are just plain good. I ordered my server on Thursday of last week. Got confirmation of payment on Friday morning and was told that my server would be up by the next Thurday evening. Well, it was up by Tuesday morning and humming away!

Just wanted to give Fastservers a little recognition as being one of the better guys out there and that they deserve the praise they get from their customers.

Keep up the good work Abdul, Adam, and everyone there with you guys.

Thank You
    davkiz
    Steele Visuals Hosting Solutions Coming Soon......

Amen The server I rent from them has been great.

I couldn't be happier with our two servers there.
    Jeremy [email protected]
    Front Drive Advanced multi-domain hosting solutions
    http://www.frontdrive.com/

I got a server from them 2 weeks ago and all has been good. I ordered my server on a Friday and got it on Saturday. Still trying to get used to WHM/Cpanel as I used to have a Plesk resellers account and to tell the truth I think I like Plesk better. Great experience with Fastservers so far.

My webserver just bombed (damn runaway processes) and I was just filling out a support ticket when I get a telephone call from FastServers asking if I wanted them to reboot the server. That's about a 6 minute response time there!

Owen
    check out OP-Design today!

how is their network speed?

They use Hurricate Eletric's (he.net) Fremont, CA datacenter. I believe they have a Gig-E to dual OC3's from MAE-West. Whatever it is, its fast I've gotten over 10mbps downloads from remote sites, which is pretty amazing IMO. Ping times to the west coast are generally great, with the exception being some bad routing that started recently. Recently some people in SoCal are being routed through HE's NYC node. This wasn't always the case, so hopefully its temporary. I already e-mailed tech support about it and they said they'd look into it.

Originally posted by Owen
    My webserver just bombed (damn runaway processes) and I was just filling out a support ticket when I get a telephone call from FastServers asking if I wanted them to reboot the server. That's about a 6 minute response time there!

Owen
    That is amazing, seriously.

How many servers do you have there?

They have suspended new orders until they can get more staff etc
    Seems like they are getting popular.

they are very good. honest. affordable. Tech support rocks.

Network is also good.

I was luckily able to sneak in an order earlier this week, and hopefully should have the box up and running today. I'm expecting nothing but good things considering everything I've read about them, and from talking to them. Will let everyone know how it goes.
    Apexware Hosting Solutions
    www.apexware.com
    LOW Cost Budget Hosting
    www.rockbottomhosting.com

For those of you who can't wait till they unsuspend taking orders, just send them an email and they'll get back to you in a day or two with the information on how to circumvent the suspension and order right away! These guys will definitely work with ya!

davkiz

Originally posted by davkiz
    For those of you who can't wait till they unsuspend taking orders, just send them an email and they'll get back to you in a day or two with the information on how to circumvent the suspension and order right away! These guys will definitely work with ya!

davkiz
    Wouldn't this now circumvent the reasoning behind them not accepting orders. Now if everyone did that there would be no point for them to suspend orders now would there.

-Steven
    http://www.insiderhosting.com
    BGP Blend of Telia, GTT, Zayo, and Cogent in One Wilshire, Los Angeles!
    True Definition of Managed Hosting
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Co-location

hrmm, suspicious of this davkiz after that post...
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

Originally posted by clockwork

That is amazing, seriously.

How many servers do you have there?
    Just one

Owen
    check out OP-Design today!

Originally posted by Samuel
    hrmm, suspicious of this davkiz after that post...
    What is there to be suspicious of?

insiderhosting - you've got a point there. I was merely trying to share that info because on their (fastservers.net) site on the order form, the suspended one, there is a place to put your email to subscribe to an email list. The email list simply puts you in line so that they know who is interested. That's the way they contacted me. Sorry if I ruffled some feathers.

davkiz

You are a very "Informed" newbie to fastservers services and to WHT, spending your time being so elated about their services is very suspicious.

That makes me suspicious, although I use Fastservers and recommend them, after years in this business you are sending flags, and how a couple of fastserver employees contacted me in the past, and one not following through, there might be a bit of mining going on here with Fastservers which is strictly against WHT rules.

If this is not the case, then carry on, but if it is, take you and it somewhere else.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

You are a very "Informed" newbie to fastservers services spending your time being so elated about their services.
    Yes, I suppose I am a newbie in the "posting" sense, but I have been reading here at WHT for about a year now. And when I finally decided to start working towards my goal of starting my own hosting company, I started posting some. I previously was a reseller but it proved to be a bad decision, so I got my own ded. server. My clients always asked why I didn't host the sites that I built for them, so I decided to do something about it.
    As for being elated about fastservers, well, I have to admit that they are good and I am happy. With that said, I bid you good night.

davkiz

You are a very "Informed" newbie to fastservers services and to WHT, spending your time being so elated about their services is very suspicious.

That makes me suspicious, although I use Fastservers and recommend them, after years in this business you are sending flags, and how a couple of fastserver employees contacted me in the past, and one not following through, there might be a bit of mining going on here with Fastservers which is strictly against WHT rules.

If this is not the case, then carry on, but if it is, take you and it somewhere else.
    I don't mean to be a cynic either, but all these Fastservers raves in such a short amount of time is becoming a little suspicious to me too. The timing and spacing of rave threads seems to be to maximize exposure consistently. Perhaps it's just FS urging all its customers to post here, which I would find distasteful in itself. Or perhaps it's even more than that. Or perhaps FS really is that good. I don't know, but my brief contact with Sales didn't leave a spotless impression, to be honest.

If you guys are implying that I am an employee of Fastservers.net, you are mistaken. The only link between me and Fasterservers.net is I use their services. Sorry for trying to give a little praise to a company doing the right thing. Over the year of reading on this forum, I have noticed that a lot WHT members including myself have become quite cynical to whoever is new to post here. And rightly so! I am prepared to back up anything I say or do. If you feel that I have no right in posting "Good News" about a company then there are a lot of posts here to be deleted. And if that happens, then you will see me quietly walk away from this forum shaking my head.

But I think that for all the posts that are negative about a company, there are just as many (or should be) that are good.

Really guys this is ridiculous! I was just trying to convey my feelings. I will try and tone down my excitment. Thanks for listening (reading) and posting.

davkiz

davkiz I wasn't referring to you at all. My wariness is towards the flood of praises of FS in general (in such a short amount of time), that some of them may not be what they appear to be.

Sorry if you thought I was accusing you.

No Problem easybyte:

I agree there are a lot of posts about how great fastervers is.
    I think that has to do with how many dedicated server providers who people are having problems with. So far, there seems to be a lot of them. But I'm sure eventually everyone will get everything worked out and the bad ones will be weeded out from the good ones!

davkiz

Well, it's sort of self feeding.

I think it's clear that a lot of new users have signed up with Fastservers... likely fueled by good reviews, and those people then in turn post their experiences with them.

These reviews tend not to have much substance... More information is usually helpful.

I also jumped on the fastservers bandwagon a month ago or so. I don't really feel qualified to post a qualitative post regarding their service as comparied to others... in that I haven't experienced that many hosting companies, and don't know the full range I suppose.... but I did switch from a more expensive host, and am pleased with the switch, and have no regrets.

Server delivered, doing well, I've emailed them a lot of support questions which they've replied to in a timely fashion. A couple of hiccups on the way, but nothing beyond what I'd consider "the norm". The worst was had some occasional kernel panics on the version of Redhat I had related to SMP. They recompiled/updated the kernal for me to the newest version which fixed the problem. I think that counts as a good experience in the end.

so... now, I'm pretty "settled" with things... and am looking forward to spend less time reading these forums, and getting on with just maintaining the content of the site -- which I think is the whole point of this anyway -- NOT having to think about your host on a day to day basis....

arn
    Last edited by arn; 09-01-2002 at 05:39 AM.

I don't know if the other posts are independent or not, I just want to add that I too got a server from fastservers.net, after last time they suspended orders.

I asked some questions, got fast answers.
    asked some more questions,got fast answers.
    repeated some questions, still got fast answers (I was forgetting who I had asked my questions to).

Anyhow I decided to risk and buy, and they quoted 5 days. I got it in 2 days. Asked some more questions and normally after sales service disappears, fastservers still answered!

Simply put I had ordered another server from another recently well mentioned company, and it took several weeks. So when I see all the complaints and all of the issues with other companies I too think fastservers deserve some good mentions.

I don't really feel qualified to post a qualitative post regarding their service as comparied to others
    Thats my feeling too. I can only quote on what I have experienced so far, which is why I haven't until now, jumped on the "fastservers are great" threads.

How did you guys find fastservers?

Originally posted by requiem4auth
    How did you guys find fastservers?
    I heard about them on this board.

fastservers.net

I'm not currently a customer of theirs but I am in the market for a dedicated server right now. What I found with fastservers.net is that their prices were a little higher than competition for Linux boxes, but their NT prices were untouchable...dirt cheap!

I've given them a phone call or two and they were very pleasant to deal with and more than happy to answer all of my questions.

Cam.

I have several servers with fastservers. I have been with them for awhile now. So far they are great. I have been with many different companies that I cannot say their names. I received nothing from them but bad service. I even thought about quiting the hosting business because of that.
    But I have to say this; I am happy with Fastservers. The guys there are friendly and respectful if you know what I mean.
    You know when you are with a hosting company that does not treat you with respect? You are paying your money but you get no decent service? Your support tickets are neglected?
    I have experience none of that with fastservers. These guys are just good. For now, they are among the best. I do not know about the future. You do not have to take my words for it. But it will be a good idea to experiment things before making judgement on them.
    I think most folks that are frustrated with other hosting companies found solace with fastservers. It is their right to express how they feel. Let's face, it is becoming hard to find a truely good or perfect hosting company.
    My only concern is these folks at fastservers continue to provide good service. We've seen great companies go bad. I only hope they keep up their good service.

Originally posted by midnight
    I think most folks that are frustrated with other hosting companies found solace with fastservers. It is their right to express how they feel. Let's face, it is becoming hard to find a truely good or perfect hosting company.
    Amen!

I'm fairly new to all this, never even used SSH until a few weeks ago -- but Fastservers support has been excellent. I bugged them maybe more than normal for a week or so, and got response turnaround ALMOST equal to my former host (who cost twice as much).

-Mike Hihn, Pugetnet.com

Fastservers has been nothing short of astounding for the month that we've been with them. After bad experiences with two other providers I'm glad our servers have finally found a happy home.

Only one concern -- I hope they hire more people as they grow, because it seems like they're getting to be pretty popular.
    Jay &#187; [email protected] • AIM &#187; FDrive Support
    Front Drive&trade; &#187; Advanced multi-domain solutions
    http://www.frontdrive.com/

I'm proud to say that I have a dedicated server at www.fastservers.net just like many of you who posted in this thread.

The support is excellent, I couldn't ask for more. They respond to newbie questions (yes, this is my first time running a dedicated server) in a timely and professional manner.

Highly recommended.

By the way, I agree with FDrive on this: "Only one concern -- I hope they hire more people as they grow, because it seems like they're getting to be pretty popular."