Thread: Antivirus

Lightbulb Antivirus

Which is the best antivirus system.
    Norton, McAfee or AVG.

Is trendmicro an option?

Norton if you pay, housecall.antivirus.com for free on-line scanning like I have on my site.
    "Stop flame-wars - Report a post"
    The original Kitty Lizard

McAfee ... use it for over 10 years now and I never had any Virus trouble ever!

The best anti-virus system is prevention. Unless you use Outlook Express or download illegal software frequently, I see no reason to use anti-virus software. They just hog up resources and slow things down.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

ToastyX, while prevention is always a good idea, I can assure you that many people get infected by viruses, and don't use Outlook express or illegal software. If you are on a network, you can be infected by having an open share on your workstation. If you access a file on a network drive that is infected, you can get infected. Flaws in OS and internet browsers can open you up to viruses. Unless, you uplug your machine from any network, never connect to the internet, and never install a piece of software on your computer, you can never be completely safe from infection.

Not McAfee. Out of the 4 virus problems I've had, only one was detected by McAfee. The rest were discovered by Trend Micro's HouseCall online virus scan, and I just used McAfee for cleaning.

I like Norton. And I like the price. If you visit www.eastoutlet.com (no, I have no affiliation with them whatsoever) you can get Symantec Systemworks 2002 Professional for $7.99 with free shipping. It comes with Norton AV and includes a full year of free updates.

Best $8.00 I've ever spent.
    I thank my Lord for all His wonderful blessings.

I have been using AVG and I find it better as compared to norton.

We use inoculate it here at the office, works just as well as the others. As said over a network, virus like sir cam will get all over the place. But ofcourse prevention is best, there would be no sir cam probs if people didnt give full access to their shared folders
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.
    http://www.chicago-ecigs.com

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions.

I use Norton -- I've been using it for about 6 years. I get all my Norton stuff at discount -- professional version -- for $10/disk (legal -- fully legal). I've never had any problems -- at least my doing.. My husband has installed some crap on here and messed the thing up (men!, I tell ya!)

I'm with ToastyX on this one.
    I use a text only email reader so I can spot virri a mile away and delete it right on the server. Why DL mail just to read it?

I've not ever been infected with a virus, worm, or trojan, and if you don't think there is a difference, wait til you get infected and complain to your AV maker, they'll respond that they only detect virri!

AV's only make money off peoples fears and inablility or refusal to protect themselves. When you buy AV software, you put yourself in the middle of a war between the virus designers and the virus detectors, and you are paying money to be there.
    DANG DANG! DANG!!™
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

Norton causes more problems on your PC than it fixes, that way you have to buy more of their gibberish products.

You guys forgot Kaspersky and NOD32.. both seem to be quite popular with antivirus experts.. we use AVG though, because its free and works great with The Bat! (plugin)