hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : VPS Hosting : 1 day review of Crissic Solutions's vps
Closed Thread

Forum Jump

1 day review of Crissic Solutions's vps

Closed Thread Post New Thread In VPS Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-04-2008, 01:06 AM
Junior Guru

Unhappy

1 day review of Crissic Solutions's vps

Just 1 day,I feel so sad with them.I think the company is just 1 man running.I bought a small plan on 7.2,the price is good $6.99 for 256 RAM 30G Disk 160G bandwidth/m.Everything is good after they spent 7 hours to setup my vps,not bad.

I spent the whole days of 7.3 to rebuild my vps from centos to gentoo & update it,& the bad thing from this moment is begin.

everything is ok during the update time,but I forgot the my openvz server's kernel is 2.6.18,I updated my linux-headers to 2.6.25, it causes I can't fininshed emerge -e my sytem,so I reboot it,but it die & never running again,I do anything I can do,reboot in the HyperVM,& ssh to the console access,but nothing help.

so I submit a ticket to them,at last they just rebuild my vps back to centos,do nothing for me.I know it's the unmanaged service,& if the vps I can rescue it,I won't sumbit a ticket.

After that,I make a mistake,they don't have a refund for vps,but I request it,all right,no refund is ok.I say I'll make a review for my vps,but they sad I can't paste the ticket to the public space because of the TOS,if i do it,my vps will be terminated immediately.i don't care.I feel sad with them,so spent $6.99 to let everyone know the company & the unreaonable TOS,it worth

here is the ticket,I'll let you know:

Ticket ID - 926031
The support ticket system allows us to respond to your problems and enquiries as quickly as possible. When we make a response to your support ticket, you will be notified via email.
Department : Dedicated Support
Date : 07/03/2008 09:05
Subject : my vps is down after reboot,even reboot in the HyperVM
Urgency : High
Gao Yu
Client Posted: 07/03/2008 09:05

Please fix it.I can't ssh my vps now

----------------------------
IP Address: 218.82.89.80

Skylar MacMinn
Staff Posted: 07/03/2008 11:44

Hello and sorry for the delay,

are you still experiencing these problems?

--------------------------
Thanks,
Skylar MacMinn
CEO and Founder of Crissic Solutions LLC
1.877.677.8889 *Ex:101

Gao Yu
Client Posted: 07/03/2008 23:40

Yes,I can't ssh my vps,& it still down.could you fix it ASAP?12 hours later...

Skylar MacMinn
Staff Posted: 07/03/2008 23:40

We had been waiting on a reply, as we do not touch anything until a reply is given.

Thanks,
Skylar MacMinn

Skylar MacMinn
Staff Posted: 07/03/2008 23:42

Did you change the operating system or modify the OS in any way?

Thanks,
Skylar MacMinn

Gao Yu
Client Posted: 07/03/2008 23:49

I just emerge -e system to update my gentoo os

Skylar MacMinn
Staff Posted: 07/03/2008 23:50

All we can do at this point is re-load the OS, which you can also do via HyperVM

Thanks,
Skylar MacMinn

Gao Yu
Client Posted: 07/03/2008 23:53

my god,if you just say so & do nothing,I won't waiting 12 hours,do you have tech support?if you don't have,I'll here

Skylar MacMinn
Staff Posted: 07/03/2008 23:55

We replied asking for confirmation, you never gave any. We do not take action unless the client replies back to us.

Thanks,
Skylar MacMinn

Gao Yu
Client Posted: 07/04/2008 00:04

If you still do nothing,I 'll make a refund. I can't use rebuild option in HyperVM,I won't wait for 12hours to let you do so.

Skylar MacMinn
Staff Posted: 07/04/2008 00:06

We cannot read your mind, if you need something done please explain it.

We are rebuilding your server now.

Thanks,
Skylar MacMinn

Skylar MacMinn
Staff Posted: 07/04/2008 00:09

Your server has been re-built.

Thanks,
Skylar MacMinn

Gao Yu
Client Posted: 07/04/2008 00:16

I don't wanna you rebuild my server,just fix the problem I can't ssh it.I spend 1 day to update it,do you know ?my god?I speak english now,can't you understand?

Skylar MacMinn
Staff Posted: 07/04/2008 00:17

And I told you, the only way we could fix it is by doing an os-rebuild. We already did this, so it is too late.

Thanks,
Skylar MacMinn

Gao Yu
Client Posted: 07/04/2008 00:22

I'll make refund.your teh support is worst

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 12:17 PM, Crissic Solutions, LLC Dedicated Support <
dedicated@crissic.com> wrote:

> [image: Crissic Solutions, LLC]
>
> And I told you, the only way we could fix it is by doing an os-rebuild. We
> already did this, so it is too late.
>
>
> --------------------------
> Thanks,
> Skylar MacMinn
> CEO and Founder of Crissic Solutions LLC
> 1.877.677.8889 *Ex:101
>
> ----------------------------------------------
> Ticket ID: #926031
> Subject: my vps is down after reboot,even reboot in the HyperVM
> Status: Answered
> Ticket URL: http://my.crissic.com/viewticket.php...031&c=8WrAlyDl
> ----------------------------------------------
>
>
>
> The content of this support ticket is strictly confidential and is intended
> solely for the use of Crissic Solutions, LLC and its client. Disclosure,
> copying, distributing, public displaying or use of any information within
> this support ticket in an unlawful manner is strictly prohibited.
>

Skylar MacMinn
Staff Posted: 07/04/2008 00:23

I am sorry but per our TOS we do not offer refunds on our VPS services, as well as our VPS services are unmanaged. I would also like to note that you ordered your server with Centos 5, then you changed to Gentoo. We are therefore not required to support your operating system.

Thanks,
Skylar MacMinn

Gao Yu
Client Posted: 07/04/2008 00:29

yuo won't give me a refund,right ?ok,I'll make a review on WHT,let everyone see your worst tech support.from the top of the ticket to he end, just speak english,not onther country language,I just ask for fix my problem for I can't ssh.

Skylar MacMinn
Staff Posted: 07/04/2008 00:31

You ordered your server with CentOS5, that is what we installed -- that is what we support. You then switched to Gentoo, we do not support that.

You are not allowed to post the content of this ticket, the bottom of all support emails say this:
<<The content of this support ticket is strictly confidential and is intended solely for the use of Crissic Solutions, LLC and its client. Disclosure, copying, distributing, public displaying or use of any information within this support ticket in an unlawful manner is strictly prohibited. >>

Thanks,
Skylar MacMinn

Gao Yu
Client Posted: 07/04/2008 00:37

Your TOS is unreasonable,I 'll let everybody know it

Skylar MacMinn
Staff Posted: 07/04/2008 00:38

By posting any content of this support ticket, your services will be terminated immediately.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Thanks,
Skylar MacMinn

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2008, 01:55 AM
Web Hosting Guru

I'm sorry, but posting the ticket here did not help your case. To me, its pretty clear that Skylar was more helpful, and quicker to respond than most hosts out there.

Many of the responses in that ticket are literally within minutes of each other.

First reply- about 2 hours later, its an unmanaged VPS - with an error that you caused, 2 hours is pretty good.

You replied to that about 13 hours later, claiming that 12 hours and its still not fixed. Means you must have been monitoring it, waiting for them to fix it. They emailed you asking if your still having problems, and you did not respond yes until 13 hours later, so how were they suppose to know you were having issues without that response?

A few replies after that,

Skylar says,

"
All we can do at this point is re-load the OS, which you can also do via HyperVM"

You complained after that...they asked for conformation, and then you replied this,

"If you still do nothing,I 'll make a refund. I can't use rebuild option in HyperVM,I won't wait for 12hours to let you do so."

I personally take it that your having some difficulties using the rebuild option.

If rebuilding the server was an issue, when he told you its the ONLY thing they could do, why did you continue on asking for help? If you did not want it rebuilt, you could've ended there, and saved your self numerous amounts of typing - simply saying "No thanks, I'll fix the problem on my own then!".

I don't know Skylar on a personal basis, but I do know very well about him and his company, and his business ethics from various places across the web, and I feel he is in 110% right here. That extra 10% is thrown in due to the AMAZING SUPPORT. Most replies were done literally 3 minutes after each other, at late times of day as well. One was actually made the SAME MINUTE after you made a reply.

Again, sorry if you're not happy with what I've said, but you've posted here on a public forum regarding your experience, and I feel your negative review is 100% wrong.

Good Day,

Last edited by drumman24; 07-04-2008 at 01:57 AM. Reason: spacing
Old 07-04-2008, 02:07 AM
Junior Guru

my problem is to fix that I can't ssh,not rebuild my vps.nothing I said above that I'm not unsatisfied the replay speed of them ,but the result,the HyperVM is easy to use.If I wanna rebuild my vps,I could do it my self.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2008, 02:25 AM
Web Hosting Master

You need to be more reasonable with the host.
Keep in mind this is a unmanaged VPS. Meaning if you mess up your VPS, its your own fault and the host is not responsible for fixing it. The fact is that you even admitted to breaking VPS and then repeatedly asked them to fix it when its not their job.

Old 07-04-2008, 02:32 AM
Community Liaison 2.0

Did you understand what you were getting into when you took on an unmanaged VPS? The provider is only responsible for maintaining the hardware, the network, reverse dns and in some cases the shared kernel and rtc. Everything else is your responsibility, and if you stuff it up you really can't expect any provider to spend valuable time working out how to fix it - not for less than $10 a month anyway.

As I read it, Crissic did absolutely nothing wrong here and your expectations were simply unreasonable. I suspect even on a fully managed plan the provider would be less than happy to be asked to fix a broken system caused by the client attempting to load a new OS...

Take it as a learning experience - a small VPS does provide a great environment in which to learn.

Good luck with your next provider.

"An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn't happen today." - Laurence J. Peter

Old 07-04-2008, 02:51 AM

YOu should be penalized for your act. I support the host here

You have broken their TOS which itself makes you a criminal .. you should be shamed of yourself.

Old 07-04-2008, 03:25 AM
Junior Guru

All is my fault? I see it,please close this topic.I just tell my feeling here,nothing I'll be shamed,TOS is all?,even it's wrong.it's like I do all the thing wrong.umanaged service =no any suggest help ?

Old 07-04-2008, 03:27 AM
Corporate Member

Please keep in mind, he was rather vague with the problem. I think this is the most I have gotten from the situation itself. as he posted he said "broken, fix it" -- Any reasonable host wouldn't be able to say "OK FIXED" when we do not know what is wrong.

Another note -- when did you ask for us to re-load to CentOS?

You ordered the server with CentOS5, we did that for you -- you switched it yourself to GENTOO, then come in complaining that you cannot rebuild your VPS via HyperVM, which you clearly had to do in the first place to get to Gentoo -- we did not support your change to Gentoo, you had treaded into un-supported waters, so we had every right not to support that.

Also, in the email sent out for support tickets we included this:

Quote:
The content of this support ticket is strictly confidential and is intended solely for the use of Crissic Solutions, LLC and its client. Disclosure, copying, distributing, public displaying or use of any information within this support ticket in an unlawful manner is strictly prohibited.

Next time if you want something fixed, don't mearly say "My VPS won't let me login to SSH, fix it" -- if you tell us the EXACT issue, then perhaps we can point you in the right direction.

Old 07-04-2008, 04:19 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

And don´t forget it is a unmannaged VPS.

I give the reason to the VPS provider, he act very professional.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:56 AM
Web Hosting Master

How to rebuild your OS...

1. Login to HyperVM
2. Click on the VM name
3. Click on the account
4. Click Rebuild (choose OS)
5. Confirm Refuild

This is a pretty easy task to do any in my opinion the only support you should receive is how to perform this task.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Junior Guru

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt.G View Post
How to rebuild your OS...

1. Login to HyperVM
2. Click on the VM name
3. Click on the account
4. Click Rebuild (choose OS)
5. Confirm Refuild

This is a pretty easy task to do any in my opinion the only support you should receive is how to perform this task.
I sumbit a ticket is for fix my vps down problem,not for rebuild my vps.I'm not fool,I used HyerVM for half of a year,you even not read the whole ticket carefully.we could stop this topic,they had terminated my vps,& I bought a new vps from Linode.com,that's all.

If someone wanna a vps,don't choose Crissic Solution,you just waste your time & money

Old 07-04-2008, 09:10 AM
Temporarily Suspended

Your fault.. I have been with crissic for a week now, They are great!

Old 07-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Web Hosting Master

Miyu-Hitori,

Your correct as after re-reading your thread I noticed that you didn't want the pre-installed OS (centos) that you first purchased. Does Crissic even offer the OS you tried installing? I'm assuming the answer would be no, and if thats the case you should hire someone who can install either the (OS or Kernel) for you or chosen a host that supported the OS and was a managed provider.

P.S.
I just wanted to add if the server is not bootable what did you expect them to do? Server thats not bootable results in files they can't see, when trying to enter the VM.

Last edited by @Matt; 07-04-2008 at 09:20 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Junior Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWMedia View Post
Your fault.. I have been with crissic for a week now, They are great!
your guys,good luck!one day you meet the same problem as mine,you will know my sad feeling now

Old 07-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Junior Guru

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt.G View Post
Miyu-Hitori,

Your correct as after re-reading your thread I noticed that you didn't want the pre-installed OS (centos) that you first purchased. Does Crissic even offer the OS you tried installing? I'm assuming the answer would be no, and if thats the case you should hire someone who can install either the (OS or Kernel) for you or chosen a host that supported the OS and was a managed provider.

P.S.
I just wanted to add if the server is not bootable what did you expect them to do? Server thats not bootable results they files can't see when trying to enter the VM. You then wanted them troubleshoot and reinstall an OS that they did not support.
I used alot of vps from different provider,of course,all is unmanaged.this is the first time I met a provider know nonthing about gentoo.OpenVZ's gentoo image is old & has bugs,everytime I use it,I'll run into the consle access,start the sshd & when I update system,I met a lot of problem,anther provider just a ticket they will fix my problem kindly,why criss guys can't do that.

Don't always tell the managed or unmaged thing to me,i know the meaning,they just know nonthing about gentoo,so they won't help,if I paid managed service,they will still do nothing.

I'll report the thread & let admin close it.I feel very sad about all your guys replied above

Closed Thread

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Security-as-a-Service Provider Alert Logic Announces Log Manager for Windows Azure, New UK VP of Sales Web Hosting News 2014-01-16 13:31:23
Review Group Releases Recommendations for Government Access to Private Data Web Hosting News 2013-12-24 09:51:22
Solutions Sales and the Cloud Blog 2013-02-21 12:16:37
How Web Hosts Can Capitalize on the Social Media Marketing Craze Webinars 2012-10-25 17:45:41
Getting smart about web hosting bundles – a blueprint for success Webinars 2012-09-17 18:22:01