* Help me please - Creating an account in WHM for a subdomain

Hello. I was wondering if it's possible to go into Webhost Manager (WHM) and add an account for a subdomain. I will have a reseller account at Pixelseven if that information helps. I'm moving there from a shared hosting account (only had access to Cpanel side) I need to know if you can do everything that you can do with a regular domain account. (limit space, limit bandwidth, assign an ip address, have a cpanel account for that subdomain) If that is possible can you please give me instruction on how to do it? I'm kind of new to WHM. Thanks
    Last edited by Credanco; 08-28-2002 at 08:44 PM.

Just create the account as subdomain.maindomain.com
    It will have all the regular features.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Just make sure that the account has the subdomain feature enabled
    Login to your WHM and click on the enable/disable subdomains and select that account. That should get you started. As far as what features you get with P7, best to ask them since all hosts are different. Some give more control to resellers some give less...

-Steven
    http://www.insiderhosting.com
    BGP Blend of Telia, GTT, Zayo, and Cogent in One Wilshire, Los Angeles!
    True Definition of Managed Hosting
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Co-location

Thank you

So did this work out for you?

-Steven
    http://www.insiderhosting.com
    BGP Blend of Telia, GTT, Zayo, and Cogent in One Wilshire, Los Angeles!
    True Definition of Managed Hosting
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Co-location

I couldn't try it yet. I subscribed to this thread so I could get back to it. Sean didn't setup my account yet at Pixelseven because one of hard drives went on his server and it was chaos. (It was fried and no files could be retrieved). Poor Sean I hope everythings ok today. Anyway.. I will reply to this thread and/or pm or e-mail you when I try it. Thanks

Credanco

Just wondered how everything worked out for you. I've been waiting over 4 days for my account. I was just told they were waiting on new IP's. I haven't heard from Sean in about 2 days now. I asked for a refund so I could go somewhere else and still haven't heard.

Originally posted by MsRoxie
    Just wondered how everything worked out for you. I've been waiting over 4 days for my account. I was just told they were waiting on new IP's. I haven't heard from Sean in about 2 days now. I asked for a refund so I could go somewhere else and still haven't heard.
    Fire me another email if you did not get your refund, and I will phone PaySystems to get a reference Number for you

Sean

Hey, thanks Sean.