Originally posted by Deb
We had one server that I swear just did it to make our lives misreable. The server was named after me, of all things! It's first 6 months of life were overwhelming to say the least. We never did figure out what the -exact- cause of the spontaneous crashes were. We were left with only superstition and speculation that we still ponder to this day. That's the first and last server to ever be named after anyone we know (curing the superstition side of it lol)
Heat is another thing to be conscious of. Too much heat causes the lil guys to just pass out
Deb, I am real superstious, to the point that some naming rules are in effect with all the servers ( and this goes for other machines I own )
1) no server shall be named male. Masculine is ok as long as it consumes and dischanges ( coimbustion engines can be masculine )
2) if a womans name shall be used, she is to be of a great lost love.
3) womans name must be honarable and or romantic.
4) at no time can a server be named after a woman of fire and lust
5) all machines should be spoken to and treated with the upmost care.
I can truthfull say the following
My car Susie, has always run fine and has never broke down, and has got me home in all emergencies ( even the day the battery was dead, she started ), now my wife drives her and has problems every time. I get in the car nothing is wrong.
my pickup truck ( Lit Fuse ) and my Chevelle ( The Rat ) of my youth, never lost a race on the strip and were always given the best parking spot.
all my servers have yet to have a GPF ( blue screen of death ) as of yet since I named them all.
My boat ( Victoria ) sailed me home, I was in 11 foot sea's and storm force winds. ( the third most scariest moment in my life )
call me whatever you want but my machines bring me home and never give me headaches.