Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is burst slow?

Is burst slow?

Seems slow today?

my server went down about 10 minutes ago... so more than slow for me

hmm... must be the whole network. I can't connect to burst.net or nocster.com either.

Just checked on buddies server.... its blazing fast and is at the Nocster dc... weird

yeah I can connect now, and it looks like there was just about normal traffic while I couldn't connect... must've been a regional thing.

Part of AT&T's backbone was having issues...

<< Date: 8/28/02
    Start of Impairment: 14:56 ET
    End of Impairment: 16:52 ET

On behalf of AT&T, we would like to extend our apologies for any inconveniences to your business caused by the service impairment and delay in restoring your service.

AT&T IP Services customers with traffic routed through our Chicago backbone routers may have been affected by this impairment.

Our Network Engineers found that OSPF* network statements were missing from two backbone routers, causing the routing issues that customers were experiencing. AT&T Network Engineers manually reloaded the OSPF network statements and then proceeded to reboot the routers in order for the changes to take effect.

The network statements were mistakenly deleted during a routine configuration update to our backbone routers. Management has been made aware of these findings and appropriate actions will be taken to ensure this situation does not re-occur.

Prior reported information was leading the AT&T Network Engineers to believe that there were issues with the route reflectors being out of synch. However, this was only symptomatic of the problem stated above. In other words, due to the missing network statements, the route reflectors were not advertising certain networks; therefore traffic was not properly routed.

It is AT&T’s goal to provide the highest level of service to our customers.
    We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing our relationship in the future. >>

MANY data centers were affected...and the whole net on the east coast seemed to have packet loss for awhile :-(

Sean R.
    BurstNET
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Hi Sean,

I'm still having problems...I won't bother you with it in a support ticket because I'm sure I'm not the only one...I'm on the East Coast and this problem has been going on 24 hours now...

One of your support people told me that everything was fine..so I'm wondering why he said that...he also dropped the ball because I told him I was still having problems and he said he'd get back to me and never did...

The network has been really poor lately...I don't care who's fault it is, we're paying you for redundant lines...not ATT...and the support has been really really lackluster lately too...I just hate the fact that as soon as I have network trouble, I will go to the Burst AOL support, say hi. They say hi. I say I'm having network trouble. AOL says Burst has logged off!!!

That is far beyond unprofessional. That is just plain rude and has happened to me many many times. I feel like there's a 16 year old kid on the other end of the line...

If the network trouble is news to him, he can at least have the courtesy to say I'll check on it, give me some time...or it'll take awhile...paying customers don't like to be treated like that...

I also emailed billing asking if you will offer a discount for all the downtime lately. No reply at all....

Don't take this as a flame.....You've had trouble in the past.....at first did not have the best attitude about changing...but eventually you did address some of the issues and began to take a more positive approach to the complaints, hired some really good tech people...and I was kind of happy for awhile...

I'm just letting you know so you can do something about it..and would most appreciate if you can address this to a lot of us who have questions...so please, I'm saying this in a constructive way and mean it so...please reply in kind..

Someone here said 2 great support guys left...is it true? Have you replaced them or are working on it? Are you working on the network issues?

I thank you in advance for addressing these points...

I forgot to add that I had users from the west coast and other parts of the states tell me it's slow...so it wasn't just east coast..

We are not experiencing any problems. Nor do we have any complaints. We are completely satisfied and highly recommend Burst/Nocster for value and service.

From what Sean said, I suppose it could be a regional issue though.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

<< sup >>

Send in a traceroute.

Sean R.
    BurstNET
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Sean, I already did yesterday...and no one got back to me...which is yet another reason why I'd appreciate if you could address the issues I brought up...

I didn't do all that typing for such a short reply from you....

Hopefully you are taking it to heart and thinking about it....if so please tell me...you have no idea how frustrating it is to get these types of answers from you and Burst in general...

Software...glad to hear you are happy with the service...and that all the recent downtime has not affected your business as it has affected mine....

Who is nocster?

I am sure they are doing all that they can do. Besides, if it has to do with AT&T, then it is most likely out of their hands.

Nocster is owned by BURST.

http://www.nocster.com
    http://www.burst.net

phpcoder...thanks for the info on nocster...

Thing is...burst goes down pretty often and it's always someone else's fault..I don't see others with as many problems...and certainly not the blaming of others...(before you say it, switching ISPs is a royal pain in the butt (that I simply don't have the time to do) when you have commited to one already...I'm trying to make Burst as good as it can be from the inside...but falling on deaf ears...)

I understand about ATT, but if you have triple redudant connections like I was told from the get go, how come they never seem to kick in?

And also, they aren't doing everything they can because I brought up issues with support. If I email a tracert and someone is supposed to get back to me but doesn't...they aren't doing everything they can at all. And I asked Sean some questions which he answered by asking me to send in another tracert which I already did. I don't think my questions were unfair...

If my business were not affected by them losing support staff...ok...but I'm not just here to stir up the pot, these are valid concerns which I'm bringing up in a respectful way...and am upset that I don't get responses in kind. I have been harmed and I deserve at least that my concerns be addressed.

Also, my server's been slow for over 36 hours now...this worries me...can I expect the same speed permanently? I just checked with Los Angeles...and it's slow there too...

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    We are not experiencing any problems. Nor do we have any complaints. We are completely satisfied and highly recommend Burst/Nocster for value and service.

From what Sean said, I suppose it could be a regional issue though.
    Think I've seen this in every BurstNET thread. Good to see you're happy... maybe it should be in your signature?

SoftWareRevue, the official mascot of Burst
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
    http://www.xiolink.com 1-877-4-XIOLINK
    Advanced Managed Microsoft Hosting
    "Your data... always within reach"

Can burst please respond?
    Thanks.
    I guess silence is an answer too?
    Last edited by sup?; 08-30-2002 at 05:18 PM.

I never did get an answer but at least the slowness has finally abated. Knock on wood.

If you can't bother to answer my questions in a forum full of your customers at least I would have hoped that you'd work on keeping the network up. I just went down..I pinged burst and it's down too. Anyone else?

At least this one wasn't a long outage...a few minutes...I'm back up.

Getting Burst to respond quickly to anything is like waiting for hell to freeze over...

Well, why should they respond to this thread?
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Sure, why bother when they have a loyal friend like you who is obviously not a "regular" customer coming in to speak for them...

But since you ask, professional companies do address issues that their loyal customers have about VERY QUESTIONABLE support...so to remind you since you are obviously so "close" to them, maybe you can drop them a line...:

Hi Sean,

I'm still having problems...I won't bother you with it in a support ticket because I'm sure I'm not the only one...I'm on the East Coast and this problem has been going on 24 hours now...

One of your support people told me that everything was fine..so I'm wondering why he said that...he also dropped the ball because I told him I was still having problems and he said he'd get back to me and never did...

The network has been really poor lately...I don't care who's fault it is, we're paying you for redundant lines...not ATT...and the support has been really really lackluster lately too...I just hate the fact that as soon as I have network trouble, I will go to the Burst AOL support, say hi. They say hi. I say I'm having network trouble. AOL says Burst has logged off!!!

That is far beyond unprofessional. That is just plain rude and has happened to me many many times. I feel like there's a 16 year old kid on the other end of the line...

If the network trouble is news to him, he can at least have the courtesy to say I'll check on it, give me some time...or it'll take awhile...paying customers don't like to be treated like that...

I also emailed billing asking if you will offer a discount for all the downtime lately. No reply at all....

Don't take this as a flame.....You've had trouble in the past.....at first did not have the best attitude about changing...but eventually you did address some of the issues and began to take a more positive approach to the complaints, hired some really good tech people...and I was kind of happy for awhile...

I'm just letting you know so you can do something about it..and would most appreciate if you can address this to a lot of us who have questions...so please, I'm saying this in a constructive way and mean it so...please reply in kind..

Someone here said 2 great support guys left...is it true? Have you replaced them or are working on it? Are you working on the network issues?

I thank you in advance for addressing these points...
    Had this been addressed by Sean right away instead of ignoring it, he may have a happy customer instead of an irate one...

I want a public acknowledgement that support people aren't supposed to do the equivalent of "hanging up on you" when you report a network issue via AOL. Lack of such acknowledgement accompanied by the same behaviour by all techs shows that this is how they were trained...enough to scare any customer who does not share the same close personal relationship you do...we don't have Sean's home number like you obviously do...

Apparently some good techs have left...is Burst hiring replacements?

The network has been awful lately, is this being fixed...

Silence shows that Burst could care less about their customers...all except for you who have a personal relationship quite obviously...so if Burst is professional, they will address the issues...if not they'll send their shills to recount how wonderful they are and how they have no support issues....but it will fool no one...

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    Well, why should they respond to this thread?
    "Also, my server's been slow for over 36 hours now...this worries me...can I expect the same speed permanently? I just checked with Los Angeles...and it's slow there too..."

"...but I'm not just here to stir up the pot, these are valid concerns which I'm bringing up in a respectful way...and am upset that I don't get responses in kind. I have been harmed and I deserve at least that my concerns be addressed."

"I understand about ATT, but if you have triple redudant connections like I was told from the get go, how come they never seem to kick in? "

"Sean, I already did yesterday...and no one got back to me...which is yet another reason why I'd appreciate if you could address the issues I brought up...

I didn't do all that typing for such a short reply from you....

Hopefully you are taking it to heart and thinking about it....if so please tell me...you have no idea how frustrating it is to get these types of answers from you and Burst in general..."

"I'm still having problems...I won't bother you with it in a support ticket because I'm sure I'm not the only one...I'm on the East Coast and this problem has been going on 24 hours now... "

"One of your support people told me that everything was fine..so I'm wondering why he said that...he also dropped the ball because I told him I was still having problems and he said he'd get back to me and never did..."

"The network has been really poor lately...I don't care who's fault it is, we're paying you for redundant lines...not ATT...and the support has been really really lackluster lately too...I just hate the fact that as soon as I have network trouble, I will go to the Burst AOL support, say hi. They say hi. I say I'm having network trouble. AOL says Burst has logged off!!!

If the network trouble is news to him, he can at least have the courtesy to say I'll check on it, give me some time...or it'll take awhile...paying customers don't like to be treated like that..."

"I also emailed billing asking if you will offer a discount for all the downtime lately. No reply at all...."

"I'm just letting you know so you can do something about it..and would most appreciate if you can address this to a lot of us who have questions...so please, I'm saying this in a constructive way and mean it so...please reply in kind.."

"Someone here said 2 great support guys left...is it true? Have you replaced them or are working on it? Are you working on the network issues?"

"I never did get an answer but at least the slowness has finally abated. Knock on wood."

"Can burst please respond?
    Thanks...."

Maybe that's why they should respond?

BTW SWR: your getmehosted.com/compare.html took about 2 full minutes to load for me, including some images that just didn't load at all. Also, I pinged your site at over 2000ms average. Is that hosted with Burst?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast