Exclamation XCalibre Communications Problem?

Anyone know what's up with sites hosted by XCalibre Communications (www.xcalibre.co.uk) at the moment?

Site just times out and cannot be displayed, cannot log into my FTP space, can't retrieve any emails and can't get to their Support forums either to see what the sketch is.

Not panicing just yet, just wondered if anyone can help out this poor old newbie

Cheers all

Hi and welcome ,

Although I dont know of any sites with XCalibre I just thought I would mention that I have heard one or two similar things about them recently.

I always respected them as a very good host but it seems like they are going through a difficult patch at the moment. I am sure they will get things back on track shortly.

It does sound like the server is down, but as superdon has said, they seem to be going through a rough patch. Or it simply may be an upgrade or similar, but you should have been notified of this. Hang in there and see how things are in the morning

Just dug through some paperwork and found a support telephone number and rang that - why I didn't do that in the first place I don't know .. Always been one to jump in feet first and then do research afterwards

They have acknowledged that there is a problem at the moment and that they're trying to sort it out ASAP.

Still .. On the brightside, this is the first night in years that I haven't had any spam mail when I logged on

Thanks for the replies guys, appreciate the help

Originally posted by NigelP
    They have acknowledged that there is a problem at the moment and that they're trying to sort it out ASAP.
    Look on the positive side, they were up front with you and seem to be actively working to correct any issues
    Chris Adams - CEO - Rochen Ltd. - chris (at) rochen (dot) com

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

Originally posted by rochen

Look on the positive side, they were up front with you and seem to be actively working to correct any issues
    Absolutely. In the three years or so I've been with them, whenever I've had cause to contact them, I've always found them very helpful on the support side.

Hiya,

Although we are experiencing a severe network problem at present, Im unsure why people are saying we've been having a 'rough' time.

We did have a few problems a number of months ago, uptime wise though, excluding this recent incident, we have beaten 99.9% uptime solidly for the past 3 months.

If anyone does have any issues of any sort with our service I would be most happy to discuss them with them. (Once we have this fixed of course!)
    Founder & SVP Product
    Flexiant Ltd
    Simplifying the Cloud - Designed for Service Providers
    http://www.flexiant.com

Hiya,

Just to update anyone watching this thread, our services are now all nearly back online, with less than 20 customers still affected by small amounts of packet loss.
    Founder & SVP Product
    Flexiant Ltd
    Simplifying the Cloud - Designed for Service Providers
    http://www.flexiant.com