Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    im new to hosting.

    i have the hardware, bandwith and software. now what???

    i wanted to know what legal issues i have to worry about if i want to start a webhosting business.

    do i still have to pay tax ? where can i find that out.

    i am located in florida and i have a couple of clients that need webhosting for there companys. I wanted to provide them with service other than my consulting. I work for my self i have no corporation.

    would i have to start one?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    115

    Re: im new to hosting.

    Originally posted by networkfreek
    i have the hardware, bandwith and software. now what???

    i wanted to know what legal issues i have to worry about if i want to start a webhosting business.

    do i still have to pay tax ? where can i find that out.

    i am located in florida and i have a couple of clients that need webhosting for there companys. I wanted to provide them with service other than my consulting. I work for my self i have no corporation.

    would i have to start one?
    Hardware, bandwidth and software are nothing. It's SUPPORT & ADMIN based work that counts. If you don't know how to admin the server, or support (the tech side) your customers right, you'll lose.

    Yes you still have to pay tax, what kind of a stupid question is that? With any biz you have to pay tax. Now, I'm not sure if you have to CHARGE taxes, up here they say you have to make more then $30,000 year to collect tax for sam. So, until that point, no operation has to, however, when you do retail, most go ahead and charge it anyway.

  3. #3

    thanks.

    yea i heard something about those 30,000 thats why i was asking.

    and as far as support i used to work for a hosting company .. under technical support.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    115

    Re: thanks.

    Originally posted by networkfreek
    yea i heard something about those 30,000 thats why i was asking.

    and as far as support i used to work for a hosting company .. under technical support.
    What about the admin side?? Do you know enough to manage your own server??

  5. #5
    so you only have to report earnings for tax if you make > 30,000 bucks?

    WTF

    and i've been reporting my earnings all this time.........

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    115
    Originally posted by JimDog
    so you only have to report earnings for tax if you make > 30,000 bucks?

    WTF

    and i've been reporting my earnings all this time.........
    OOOOOOOOK. It seems Iíve confused a fewÖ

    In Canada, as it is now, you donít need to CHARGE tax unless you make $30,000.00/year (or a number around there, give or take). However, everyone still needs to report earned income (what you make) and pay tax on it. Now, if you donít make all that much, they will give the tax BACK to you. So when you really think of it, you donít really pay tax at all, however, you have to wait a whole year to get it back.

    There are a few taxes, sales tax (what you collect for the government) and income tax (the tax you pay on what you make). You have to report what you make however you donít have to charge tax unless you make $30,000+/year. I think you confused what you pay (as income tax) with sales tax (what you charge your customer and give to the government).

    Hope that makes sense.

  7. #7
    oh ok.

  8. #8

    Cool Setup an Offshore LLC

    Hi Networkfreek,

    Register an offshore limited liability company (LLC) in the Seychelles or in some tax-free, legal risk-free islands.

    Jurisdictions like the Seychelles or Bahamas have very protective environment for businesses incorporate there. In fact, you are almost shielded from most legal risks. Plus, they do not require you to pay taxes. And there are no witholding taxes as well.

    Do a search on Yahoo! for "offshore incorporation" and you should be able to find a slew of companies offering this service.

    Incorporation is entirely online and costs between $600 - $5000 dollars, depending on whether you opt for call center add-ons.

    Just my 2 cents. Hope this helps you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •