Lightbulb Best Advertising ?

Hi,

I'm looking for any of the cheapest:
    - Pay-Per-Click advertising
    - Targeted Advertising
    - Unique Visitor Advertising

Something to get me started immediately, and for the long run.

Anywhere from 5,000 to 1,000,000 Unique/targeted/clicks is my game.

Any suggestions on where to start, is appreciated.

-Gil

p.s. I know many expen$ive advertising networks... but what I'm looking for is any good quality Targeted/cheap cpc/Unique advertising network.

Where do you advertise?

Expect to pay > $1million for 1,000,000 targeted web hosting clicks.
    Andrew McMaster
    http://www.FindMyHosting.com
    Compare Prices, Consumer Reviews, Help, Guides and More.

If your certain that ppc is the best way to spend your advertising dollars, then you might want to take a look at http://www.searchenginepayperclick.com/ppcreview.htm

they offer reviews of most of the major pay per click search engines, dont be put of by their poor site design.

Thanks!, that looks like a very informative site.

Any more suggestions ?

Originally posted by newhoster
    Thanks!, that looks like a very informative site.

Any more suggestions ?
    well you could also try giving these guys a look too:

http://www.ppc-directory.com/
    http://www.payperclicksearchengines.com/

Hope this helps

All I can say is watch what you spend.. We are on two very popular portals that advertise their services in this forum, one is even named in this thread and they both SUCK!! We have a frontpage banner on one of the site for the past 2 months and have had 18 clicks and the other has been going for a full month in the budget and linux categories and we have had zero clicks..

We have sitemeter and plesk/webstat keeping track of the clicks and they both agree on the number of clicks on the first one and the second portal will not even send us a log in for our stats that THEY are saying they are getting.

I talked to the portal that promised lots of clicks and they told me that most of their hits are on their forum and not on the categories.. Come on.. anyone searching for hosting is going to click on the links to see what is available.. The stats that they send in their media kit does not match what they tell you where the hits are after you pay..

I paid $150 for a month in the double category and ZERO hits mean ZERO new sales..

I am not giving the name yet but since I sent them three emails today asking for my log info and they refuse to respond I am sure they know who they are and they will send me the proper information and make good on thier CTR.

Watch your wallet because everyone else is looking to dig into it.

Originally posted by GWDGuy
    All I can say is watch what you spend.. We are on two very popular portals that advertise their services in this forum, one is even named in this thread and they both SUCK!! We have a frontpage banner on one of the site for the past 2 months and have had 18 clicks and the other has been going for a full month in the budget and linux categories and we have had zero clicks..
    Are these sites pay pre click sites or general advertising sites aimed at the hosting industry? (not asking you to name names)

hosting portals. General advertising. I know that nothing is 100% when advertising but a person should get something much closer to the stats that they are told before they give their money. I was told about 10% CTR is what I should see. I know that a low amount will buy but getting your name out there is the whole idea of advertising.

Originally posted by GWDGuy
    hosting portals. General advertising. I know that nothing is 100% when advertising but a person should get something much closer to the stats that they are told before they give their money. I was told about 10% CTR is what I should see. I know that a low amount will buy but getting your name out there is the whole idea of advertising.
    Your right of course, its hard to predict the exact success of a campaign, whether that be measured in terms of clicks or conversions. However all publishers should have a fairly acurate forecasting capability for their own site.

I'd suggest you speak to the sites and see if they have any suggestions as to what is causing the poor performance. Better to talk to them now than after your money has been spent.

Also don't over spend.. $150 is not a lot of money but when a website tells you they are getting 60,000 hits a month and then send you stats with average CTS's you would expect something close.. On the one we just did it has been exactly a month yesterday and we have a permenant banner in, what I would think would be the most viewed sections, (Linux/Unix and Budget) in a whole month we got just over 1100 impressions and just over 100 clicks. Sure that is 10% but a far cry from the 60,000 so called hits the site said.. I can't see that only 1/60 of the people going to the site looking for hosting did not at least click on one of those two pages to see Unix or budget..

Heck I get twice as many click for free at findmyhosting.com

Too many portals and a lot of fake stats.

Be careful.. buy wisely .. hope for the best