Exclamation Experiences with AIT.com Reseller program

I own a small web design company and was looking into hosting/reselling. I came across an add for AIT and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the company (good or bad). Prices seem high to me, but I am very new to hosting.
    Any input would be great.

Thanks,
    Tim O

Prices are WAY high and service sucks. Do a search here on AIT you will see what I mean. The search buttom is at the top of the board. I had a server with AIT for a couple of years and they are terrible.

There are many more options at much better pricing. The most popular these days are what is called bulk reseller accounts you buy the space adn transfer at a fixed monthly cost and then spilt it up and host as many domains as you want in that space and transfer.

If you post a request in the shared hosting request forum you will get many offers at much lower rates than AIT.

Since you are new here also I suggest you do two things after you get your offers and make your short list. Do a search on the company name and then do one on the posters name this will allow you to get some idea of the company and people you will be buying from.

Re: Experiences with AIT.com Reseller program

Originally posted by Webworks1
    I own a small web design company and was looking into hosting/reselling. I came across an add for AIT and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the company (good or bad). Prices seem high to me, but I am very new to hosting.
    Any input would be great.

Thanks,
    Tim O
    Read whay some users have to say:

http://webhostingratings.com/plans/AIT-Reviews.html

You spared yourself a great deal of grief Webworks, congratulations.

Wow! Jeff and I actually posted on the same thread.

My experience with AIT wasn't as a customer.

We approached them some time ago with a business deal that they were keen on executing. We never went through with it, but the experience still sticks in my mind.

In short, I found some members of their management to be rude, paranoid, combative, and short on attention to detail.

Given their military background, rude, paranoid, and combative was expected, but a lack of attention to detail was not.

You'll find that the attitudes of management will often permeate into the lowest echelon's of that company's staff, whether intentional or not.

Their services are probably just fine technically and their security is second to none, but if you don't have thick skin and a high level of tolerance for bull, beware.
    Sincerely,
    Andrew Kinney
    CTO, Advantagecom Networks
    http://www.SimplyWebHosting.com

I have one URL for you: <<removed>> Enjoy!
    Last edited by Chicken; 09-26-2002 at 12:18 AM.

Thanks everyone for your input. I did search the forum and found lots of unhappy AIT customers. I will not be adding my name to the list...
    I have seen some good comments posted for Voxtreme.com and eHostPros.com and will do some research on them. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
    Tim

I have been using Ventures Online at http://www.venturesonline.com since January, 2002. Great hosting company! I should knock on wood, but no serious problems to date. Plus, if you bring 10 clients with you from another hosting company, you get a free reseller account. Worth a look, anyway.

Mark in Dayton