wholesalecolo.com

Hello,

Has anybody used or heard of wholesalecolo.com? They seem to have great deals but don't even list a phone number on their site, which always makes me a little cautious.

Thanks
    -Gint
      0 Not allowed!

Search the forums...

Recently there has been a boatload of information on them...

-> http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php?s=
    Signature.
      0 Not allowed!

They didn't pay their bills and are going out of business. I heard that some company is taking over their clients or something.
      0 Not allowed!

First thing I did was a search on wholesalecolo.com and it didn't turn up anything...

...but I just did a search on "www.wholesalecolo" and I got many results. Thanks for the tip... I'll be more persistent next time...

-Gint
      0 Not allowed!

I definately would stay away from them. We just managed to get most of our equipment back, but we are still missing around $1500 worth of equipment.
    http://www.100megswebhosting.com
      0 Not allowed!

Unhappy

wow! im glad i read this thread, i was planning on colocating with them,,

Are there any other colo's out there that can compete with their pricing?
      0 Not allowed!

I don't think they are in business anymore
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
    http://www.xiolink.com 1-877-4-XIOLINK
    Advanced Managed Microsoft Hosting
    "Your data... always within reach"
      0 Not allowed!

seems too cheap
      0 Not allowed!

wow if they arent in business the guy ive been contacted with in emails is a real you know what for setting up a contract that wont be any darned good
      0 Not allowed!

wholesalecolo.com was bought buy someone. And, I think someone said that the previous owner ran off with some equipment.
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

i was under the impression serveroutsource had taken them over, in which case i wouldn't see any problems. serveroutsource is pretty well established and i thought i had read they were working with old customers of wholesalecolo to get them back up and running with no problems. (????)

serveroutsource?
      0 Not allowed!

The question is, if you can't make ends meet as a business, so much so that you must close down, if someone buys you out, would you expect them to retain the pricing (possibly on current customers, but new customers?). I wonder if server outsource is going to attempt to retain the pricing that wholesale colo had, or go right to the point of "this pricing was not feasable, drained the original owners investment".

Regardless, i'd expect there to be some level of problems with pricing at this level, kingcomp used to do 1/2 that price, maybe even 1/3 till it became unsustainable, then we saw their prices sky rocket (in relative terms, doubling/triple'ing prices, is a skyrocket to me).
      0 Not allowed!

NO! i never knew they went out of business until reading this post... Its notlike they have it posted on there website "We are losers and have been out of business, but now we are back better than ever!"

But i am still in contact with someone that swears they are in business offer colo...

But in any case i wouldnt want to go with a company with all this confusion surrounding it,, would rather pay more for quality.

Can any suggest a colo that is stable?
    Bandwidth prices can be reasonable, doesnt have to be cogent.. just reliable
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!
    A Resellers Dream, In a Box
      0 Not allowed!

i was about to move my managed server clients there because they were in the layerone facility and had great pricing..

some how i felt they couldn't stay in business with that pricing..
      0 Not allowed!

porcupine,

Our pricing is going to remain the same.

And we are doing well.
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Why are most telecoms going under, just look at the CEO's.
      0 Not allowed!

WholesaleColo went out of business because the man didn't know how to manage his business. The following is hearsay, but I bet he'd still be in business if he had half a clue.

Also, no one ever took over WholesaleColo. As I was able to get out of it, Webhosting.net took a lot of customers, ServerOutsource either went with Webhosting.net or did their own deal with LayerOne, and NetFree who had a number of servers there started their own hosting business based in the Miami Data Vault.

Brian
      0 Not allowed!

Brian,

1. WE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH WEBHOSTING.NET, never have, and never will!

(Yes, I ment to put that in caps)

2. We decided to stay at LayerOne and take over the whole cage area that we shared with NetFree, when they broke there agreement with LayerOne, but that is another story I am not getting into.

Originally NetFree and us split up the clients, then Wholesale did some thing underhand with webhosting.net which neither of us new about, which is how they got some clients and the domain name.
      0 Not allowed!

Ok, folks. Here's the facts around wholesalecolo.com. The domain name/brand was transferred to webhosting.net along with several of the customers. ServerOutsource.net and NetFree Communications, two of the largest customers, went their own ways and some of the smaller customers went with them.

I was the CTO at wholesalecolo.com and operated their network. When I realized wholesalecolo was headed south, I formed WholesaleBandwidth to take over the network contracts. Because of this, we were able to move most of the customers with little or no downtime.

Wholesalecolo was not successful because their cost structure was screwed up. With the appropriate cost structure, the pricing is very realistic.

WholesaleBandwidth is focused on bandwidth and network infrastructure. We will not get into the per U colo business, but we do have the ability to provide rack and bandwidth prices that can facilitate offers similar to wholesalecolo.com. If any of you are interested in very affordable colocation, please contact me directly.

Shaun Gregory
    CEO
    WholesaleBandwidth, Inc.
    [email protected]
      0 Not allowed!

Talking We will see

Well wehosting.net has taken over webhostcolo, because I have a contact right here from them.

So I will be daring enough to try them out on their new GC BW they have coming in and I will update you guys on their service. I live in Tampa, so it's driving distance to get my server if anything goes wrong.

Victor Couture
    President, CEO
    Xgameservers, Inc.
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry I meant wholesalecolo.com not webhostcolo.

Victor Couture
    President, CEO
    Xgameservers, Inc.
      0 Not allowed!