Looking for a Shared host with good price

I am looking for a host similar to dreamhost/hostgator, which have one of those great first year deals, like dreamhost has that 97$ off.

Any ideas?

p.s. Through in your recommendations for a 50-60$ host per year as well, shared of course, but should support more than one domain (10 atleast).

May I ask why? If you are looking for a host that offers those plans and you want to find a faster host, you won't find any. These are oversellers and won't be fast.

But there is also http://www.hostmonster.com/

Hmm from what you are after I am sure there are heaps of hosts out there, some offering like 95% off just to attract some buyers.

Can I ask what sort of Requirements you are after in Bandwidth and Space?
    Or do you like those big Numbers that these Big Hosts offer?

All I can say is that some are good and some are bad in my opinions and following on by Reviews. So I speculate on some of the Over Sellers.
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

Its just that they are more reliable in terms that they don't run away like most forum hosts do, speaking from experience. I don't mind a little down time and my requirements are

-php, mysql (the standard affair)
    -atleast 10 domain hosting on a single account (A MUST)
    -around 5 gb of space
    -50gb of bandwidth

Even these are a bit exaggerated (apart from the first two).

They should accept paypal.
    Last edited by RovingCalypso; 06-17-2008 at 03:23 AM.

Do you refer to Addon-Domains?
    - You have your initial domain http://domain.com and then you add your Sub-Domains under that Domain through cPanel with Addon-Domains.

And what you are after is reasonable, I do not think you need an overseller account for those unless you want some possible slow speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by JetWash View Post
    Do you refer to Addon-Domains?
    - You have your initial domain http://domain.com and then you add your Sub-Domains under that Domain through cPanel with Addon-Domains.

And what you are after is reasonable, I do not think you need an overseller account for those unless you want some possible slow speeds.

Yes addon domains, I mean like
    www.domain1.com
    www.domain2.com
    www.domain3.com and so forth.

Need to host multiple TLDs on a single account.

Even without a coupon, I am looking at the +/- 50$ mark. (Should accept Paypal)

Have any in mind?

Yes, I hardly used the space at dreamhost, but it was the reliability bit.

I cannot think of hosts at the moment that offer that, I am sure there are heaps and heaps out there. Searching the Advertisement Section here on WHT would be a great help ...

Or are you after a Host that is more stable and reliable like Dreamhost?

I cannot think of one at the top of me head sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by RovingCalypso View Post

Even without a coupon, I am looking at the +/- 50$ mark. (Should accept Paypal)

Have any in mind?

Yes, I hardly used the space at dreamhost, but it was the reliability bit.
    Choosing a webhost is a mix of budget you have and reliability you need, your current budget pushes you to the larger (and often overselling) webhosts, while some quality hosts would not fit the bill (no pun intended).

I think you should try to rethink either your needs (you said you asked for more as needed) or see if you can raise your budget. And i am sure you will find a good web hosting partner.
    » cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    »
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

I would suggest you to go with any of these that you pointed out as hosts that offer "great deals". And once you start using your shared account to drop in here and to tell WHT members what do you think about the service.
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    I would suggest you to go with any of these that you pointed out as hosts that offer "great deals". And once you start using your shared account to drop in here and to tell WHT members what do you think about the service.

I was with dreamhost for about one and half year or so until a few days back due to an issue on the content of a site.

Their service was reliable, although a bit slow which is a known fact.

As far as my requirements are concerned,

i can't compromise on the number of domains hosted,

but around 25-30gb of bandwidth and around 2-3gb of space will suffice. But as I've said before, I'm wary of one of the runaway hosts.

You do know that addon domains (on Cpanel) are different from the "primary domain", right?
    They are administered under the "primary domains" Cpanel account, they can't have their own e-mail accounts, etc..

If you go with Lxadmin, per example, you can do what you want (if the provider permits 10 domain on your account).

Good luck and choose carefully.

---
    Luis Pita

they can't have their own e-mail accounts
    Addon domains on cPanel can have their own email accounts.

ldcdc, you are right. My mistake. Sorry.

Yes, Lol, You can have E-mail addresses with an Addon-Domain. It is the other way around I think with Sub-Domains.

X9Internet will get you setup from around $15. They're not as bad as you are probobally thinking but I wouldn't recomend using them if you require 100% uptime as they're arn't perfect but for that price you cant complain..

I host with lacehost.com they are very good and fast.

have a look around shared offers forum for starters. you should be able to find a host that meets your budget requirements.
    ~ Webair Managed Cloud Servers ~ Dedicated Servers ~ Advanced CDN Network ~ Enterprise / Managed Hosting ~ ICANN Accredited Registrar ~ Multiple Data Center Locations - New York, Amsterdam, LA, & Montreal ~
    ~ SKYPE/AIM: WebairGH - TWITTER - @WEBAIRINC - EMAIL: sales@webair.com

based in your needs I suggest you to not search for hosts offering huge packages since you are not using it and you usually pay the extra space/bandwidth with reliability and uptime.
    Also, for what I can see in your first post, are you only looking for a host who offer the first year almost free? (DH coupon $95 off)
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    based in your needs I suggest you to not search for hosts offering huge packages since you are not using it and you usually pay the extra space/bandwidth with reliability and uptime.
    Also, for what I can see in your first post, are you only looking for a host who offer the first year almost free? (DH coupon $95 off)

Well your right for most part but I am willing to go upto 50-60$. Another important reason I go for the big hosts is that they don't run away, like most of the forum hosts (no ofence, speaking from experience).

There are many hosts out there that offer fairly cheap and reliable shared hosting with great support. Definitely check out the shared hosting offers section!
    http://www.webair.com
    Industrial Strength Webhosting Since 1996!
    chris@webair.com • ICQ#476-945-431 • AIM WebairChris •
    Advanced CDN network