How long do domains usually take to transfer?

Someone has transfered me some domains from their godaddy account to my itsyourdomain account.

example.org and example.info just went straight to "processing" while .com .net and .us went to "email confirmation" then user confirmed then they are now in "pending"

Been this way for about 24 hours, is this normal or could one of has had done something wrong in the process?

Also why would the .org and .info domains skip the email confirmation part?

Transferring from GoDaddy takes approx 5 days to complete. After GoDaddy confirms the transfer, the person requesting the transfer should get an email saying if they do not respond by (insert date) then the transfer will proceed. After that date its usually 24 hours until it is complete.

I recently transfered two domains from GoDaddy and I began the transfer of both with in minutes of each other. One domain took 5 days the other took 7 to officially move.

Be patient, it will transfer.

Jerel

Didn't see your last question. .org and .info should have sent an email. One of the prviously mentioned domains was a .org and I got confirmation on it.

Jerel

Quote Originally Posted by Red Squirrel
    Someone has transfered me some domains from their godaddy account to my itsyourdomain account.
    Nobody can transfer domains to your account at ItsYourDomain. Only you can initiate the transfer from within your account at ItsYourDomain.

Assuming this has been done. It's extremely fast to transfer any domain out of GoDaddy. When your friend is logged into their GoDaddy account, Click on Domains>Pending Transfers and have them Authorize the transfer. The domains will be released immediately to ItsYourDomain without any further waiting. Whenever I transfer out of GoDaddy, the transfer is generally complete within 1-2 hours. Most of that time is the receiving registrar putting the domain in my account.
    Signature Under Construction.

Yeah I did do the initiation. I'll check with the one who owns them then if there is any notice in his account.

Also what about the 2 domains that skipped the email part? What would be the cause of this? there is an admin contact for them when I check the whois.

Quote Originally Posted by phenglai View Post
    Transferring from GoDaddy takes approx 5 days to complete. After GoDaddy confirms the transfer, the person requesting the transfer should get an email saying if they do not respond by (insert date) then the transfer will proceed. After that date its usually 24 hours until it is complete.

I recently transfered two domains from GoDaddy and I began the transfer of both with in minutes of each other. One domain took 5 days the other took 7 to officially move.

Be patient, it will transfer.

Jerel
    Transferring away from GoDaddy actually takes much less time than 5 days (as in an hour or so), IF you know where to click.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

hmmm still processing (and two are pending from start - never sent an email confirmation). Had other user check his end but he did everything he had to. This is weird, and nerve racking as its already paid for. Would be nice if it at least said "ETA 2 days" or something, and slowly count down or update with more further status so I know whats going on.

I sent them a ticket yesterday but no response yet. Guess I just have to be patiant.

Damn, still no sign of any progress on the transfer. This is starting to suck considering I already paid 60ish bucks. (there was 5 domains total). I have a feeling this wont happen and just wont work out, I'll have to get him to just give me his godaddy account and hopefully thats his only domains.

Nothing from their support either, been 2 days no ticket response. When they used to do support through email they were WAY faster then this. I got a response within less than an hour last time I had to contact them. (itsyourdomain)

If you dont follow what stub mentioned it will take 4-5 days for the transfer to complete. I transferred a domain Monday and it gave me a date of the 20th before the transfer would be complete.If you follow what stub said its almost instant, if you let GoDaddy do it automated, 4-5 days is what you can expect. Based on your post, your looking at another 2 days before the domain completes if you dont log in and force approve it.
    Jerel Byrd
    HostingTulsa.com

Quote Originally Posted by nameslave View Post
    Transferring away from GoDaddy actually takes much less time than 5 days (as in an hour or so), IF you know where to click.
    True, and thats great, but if you dont know where to click or the person on the other end does not know where to click, it takes about 4-5 days.

Thats been my experience transferring from GoDaddy.
    Jerel Byrd
    HostingTulsa.com

And where exactly do I click? I just inputed the domains, 2 skipped email part, rest sent email to other party, he approved the transfer, also did something in his godaddy account, now we're just waiting. Anything I should be doing at my end?

Also if I get him to change DNS would that mess up anything? Since in theory the domains are mine now I could just have him change DNS so at least to the average user its working, and I just have to wait till they are mine "on paper".

Why don't you just open up a GoDaddy account and get the other party to push the domains into your GoDaddy account. It's instant and you gain control of the domains immediately. You can then take your own sweet time to transfer to any register you like.
    Signature Under Construction.

I've been thinking of doing this actually. Though now is probably too late, I'd have to pay for the transfer again, then again to transfer it to IYD, though I suppose I could keep them in godaddy but then that makes 2 places to manage domains instead of one. Guess I'll just have to keep waiting. If its 4 days then it should happen either tomorrow or day after.

Guess just have to be patiant, 2 of the 5 domains transfered today. I just changed the DNS now. The .com is the one I was concerned about anyway, don't think the users of the site that had that domain even knew about the other domains, since I sure didn't lol. Basically owner shut down the site then offered me the domains.