Need terms explained

Hello,

I'm looking for a reseller and have come across some terms that I don't understand. I'm hoping someone will explain them to me, so that I can figure out if I really need them.

1. private pop servers
    2. Anonymouse private name servers
    3. IP Addresses and would I need 4 of them

Thanks
    Indera

Re: Need terms explained

Originally posted by iem
    Hello,

I'm looking for a reseller and have come across some terms that I don't understand. I'm hoping someone will explain them to me, so that I can figure out if I really need them.

1. private pop servers
    2. Anonymouse private name servers
    3. IP Addresses and would I need 4 of them

Thanks
    Indera
    1. Unsure would need to see it in context to be sure I'm giving you the correct reply.

2. These are good if you want to private label your service. It ensures that it is hard for someone to lookup your account, not impossible, but give you an air of credibility.

3. Most people get 3 one for their main host site, and two for their name servers. You can actually get two have your site and one nameserver on one, and the other name server on the other. The only reason you would need a ded IP on your main site is if you want to run SSL (I believe)
    Sam C
    Blue Dog Hosting
    http://www.bluedoghosting.com
    "Your new best friend!"

Re: Need terms explained

Originally posted by iem
    . . . . . .
    2. Anonymouse private name servers. . . . . . .
    Those are so the anonycat can't have them.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Re: Re: Need terms explained

Originally posted by eyow

1. Unsure would need to see it in context to be sure I'm giving you the correct reply.

2. These are good if you want to private label your service. It ensures that it is hard for someone to lookup your account, not impossible, but give you an air of credibility.

3. Most people get 3 one for their main host site, and two for their name servers. You can actually get two have your site and one nameserver on one, and the other name server on the other. The only reason you would need a ded IP on your main site is if you want to run SSL (I believe)

1. The wording is as follows Unlimited Private POP Servers.

2. Okay, but what exectly is a name server?

3. So, I should use 2 for name server purposes. That I understand. Right now, I don't have a need for SSL, but should I put my main site on an IP of it's own anyway? If I don't set up the main site in the beginning to be on it's own IP, cna I change it at a later date and is there a charge for this?

Thanks
    Indera