i have decided that i don't like plesk

i've been using it since saturday. it's a big clunky goofball of a controller and it's murder trying to convince it to do anything in an easy manner.

i guess i got spoiled by cpanel.

"If you come to a fork in the road...take it"

Yogi Berra

gtrplayer.. that's the problem. had cpanel not been around, plesk may have had a chance.. but cpanel has spoiled end-user's in simplicity and such that there only leaves a few control panels out there that can make it in the market.

well...essentially...webmail...doesn't work and i keep getting dns errors. i create domain users and passwords for each domain and they don't work either.

i get more errors. then i won't even go into the problems i'm having with email.

you know...it's not like it's that hard but the plesk help documents aren't much help at all. i'd be better off reading tolstoy and trying to figure out what some of those blanks do.

they tell you what the name of the box you're about to fill in is but no where have i found a description of what it is, does, and what values you can put in there.

what's worse is that i had to nose around through google groups to figure that much out. i've tried reading the manual on the plesk site but i don't learn anything by reading. it's dull and boring and i just can't do it that way. the only way i learn is by doing and right now i'm frustrated because there's no help docs to guide me...fromm or kant must've written the manual because it's that dry...and i would probably be best served to go to bed before i blow a gasket and have to break something.

argh....

man...what did i get myself into? i am not a happy camper right now.
    "If you come to a fork in the road...take it"

Yogi Berra

welcome to the club. If only plesk would imporve its navigation and help material it would be one of the best cp's around. With their budget they should have left cPanel way back...
    Arsalan
    Nexus - http://nexus.pk/
    ** Smart Solutions for Smart People! **

Never had a problem with Plesk myself, works just fine when the instructions are followed. And I also don't see how it doesn't stand a chance, I think it allready have proved it stands a chance, with hosting over 330,000 domains(and that was as of Jan 2002, it was projected to double between then and next year).
    Jesse Lanning- Secure Technology Networks
    support: support@sthost.com
    web: http://www.sthost.com

I agree,

Plesk is more simplistic to use than CPanel. Some of CPanels pages are a bit clumsy for example links not in clear position(webmail choice of webmail clients).

Plesk 2.5 is much clearer to manage although im convinced it has DNS problems. We had to take BIND out of the equation on it and replace it with DJBDNS as it sometimes proved to be "flakey"

I would rate the two control panels as even especially with the new features of PSA 5 and its much easier reseller abilities it balances the ball park a bit

Robbie

NEW > cpanel BLOCKS access to POP MAIL SERVER if there is any problem with license file or provider.

this sucks and i lost 4 accounts because of that.
    CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com