* Design Competition - Free MatchMaker Website Template

Hello

A customer of mine needs a redesign of his matchmaker website (his price range is limmited).

I am looking for a template (psd format) for

- first page of the site
    - Profile Pages (People's Profiles)
    - A template for general pages

Current Link Items o first page of site:

- Women looking For Men
    - Men Looking for Women
    - Add your Profile
    - Search for Your Partner
    - Picture Gallery
    - Forums
    - Chat
    - Login Box (Username, password, Forgot Passwd Link)

Templates must contain places for 1 banner at the top of page + 2 * 125 banners on the middle. (These can be changed if they are not suitable for your design).

Please give put your suggestions here or just PM me.

Design must be original (not copied or adapted from spwhere else).

Mac

You will probably have better luck if you post this at yaxay.com, or sitepointforums.com.

Was just wondering... if lets say 5 people make temps for you and you only choose one (which is perfectly fine!), do the others get anything in return for trying?

Just wondering

1. What is the price range
    2. What is the duration of the competition

Originally posted by timechange
    1. What is the price range
    2. What is the duration of the competition

Originally posted by phpcoder
    You will probably have better luck if you post this at yaxay.com, or sitepointforums.com.
    Do they have a section for offers and requests in sitepoint?

You can determine the price of your template yourself.

We need template in just psd format. I think a price limit of about $60-$120 is suitable. (Your opinion? $150 for exceptionally good template ) We can give you a hosting service equal to $90-$150 instead of the money.

Competition will end in 2 weeks.

We can obtain second template design in exchange of hosting service ($80-$130 value).

Mac
    Last edited by wmac; 08-27-2002 at 02:01 AM.

Sitepointforums has a section called "The Trading Post", you must be registered and logged in to see it.

Ok I'm in.

Welcome

1. Do you have a logo you want incorporated into the design or do you want a new one designed?

2. Is it possible to see the existing site to get a feel for what type of content goes into the pages?

3. Do you have any color preferences? Light? Dark? Any specific color(s)?

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

1- We do not have any logo. Site name is MARRYWITHME.COM. A logo will be fine but a simple text logo may do that too.

2- Yes, Light colors will be beeter (It may make people happy )

3- Site will use the exact scripts and programs of another website (I will place a copy of that on the website in a few hours).

Mac

Hello,

Customer has purchased complete site software and design from another foreign matchmaker company.

I have put purchased design and software on MarryWithMe.com website so that you can take a look at it.

Just please, Please forgot everything about current design and start yours.

Mac

DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

phision,

Your design is clear and nice. But I think it is a little simple.

I am not sure how much does it encourage users to try it when they arrive at it.

Mac

Wow, vito has done a new and interesting thing.

1- Just quality of those pictures is better in psd file isn't it?

2- Those rings are very good but is it possible to do a little better logo?

3- Can you give an estimate of what we can put on that emty are (at the bottom of the design)

4- Is it possible to attract a little more attention to pictures gallery?

5- Design is very nice overally but it is a little dark? isn't it? (Or may be banners can help later?)

Regards,
    Mac

Hi Mac. Glad you like it.

1. Yes, the quality of the images in psd is better.

2. Can you suggest what you would like the logo to look like? What would you like me to change?

3. Given that your marrywithme site has very little content, it is difficult for me to suggest what else could go into the open area at the bottom of the page. I could shorten the page a bit, or you could put in some text, or I could make a more prominent display of the Photo Gallery.

4. See #3 above.

5. The banner areas are presently dark blue. Once you put in actual ads, it won't look as dark.

Vito

Based on your request, I have made a couple of changes.

http://www.dzyntech.com/logos/marrywithme/index.html

Vito

Wow vito, your work is very good! Both designs are very beautiful! Logo is very better now and that chatroom section is very beautiful too.

I know you have done a lot of work on this until now. Just last changes

1- Is it possible to have a little more emphasis on forums and a link for testimonials?

2- As site is new they will not have enough pictures to place on that photo gallery part. (Your previous graphics for photo gallery was very beautiful).

Just a thought (I am not sure if it is proper, if it is not then disregard it), is it possible to use some part of bottom gallery section (on new design) for advertising forums and testimonials?

Thank you,
    Mac

Hi wmac:

I'm pleased you like the changes. At this point, however, you should have a good grasp of what I will be offering you. If you are looking for more changes, I will be happy to provide them, but after the project has been awarded. I'm sure you understand that I cannot offer unlimited modifications prior to being awarded the project.

Vito