How to make local windows network computers all the same.

I'm responsible too maintain a local network (computer classroom) of about 20 computers running windows 95/98. I need to keep them all synced so students don't leave files everywhere and leave aim on them. I've heard of norton ghost but what else is out there?

Thanks in advance.

So you want it so each computer can access the other computers files? Or is that wrong?

No I already know how to share the files. I want it so the start menu, the desktop and the file setup are syncronized between machines. That way when a student leaves later on at 12 am every night the machines sync or something and whatever crap he left installed is gone.

I would use norton ghost, and have it run once a day. Could be a problem if they turn off the computer though.
    "Stop flame-wars - Report a post"
    The original Kitty Lizard

Thanks, no the computers never turn off.

My high-school uses norton ghost, it seems as though it's a popular choice among schools, and from what I hear it does the job. I'd give it a try...
    Signature.

inkhead, how do you prevent the students from shutting down windows?

The best bet is see if you can get windows 2000. You will love it

Windows 2000 won't do what i'm looking for. I don't care if they shut them down, i', the last one to leave so i will just reboot it, norton ghost has like 20 version of the same damn product. I really wish i know of at least one other solution.

You could always put somethin like fortress on. It wouldnt sync em, but you could stop people from messing with a lot of stuff.
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.
    http://www.chicago-ecigs.com

who makes fortress, i want to evalute all my options.

Got no idea, I forgot, search and it should come up(google not here) They have some type of eval ver. Or they did at least a few years ago
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.
    http://www.chicago-ecigs.com

http://www.crystaloffice.com/wlinfo.html

WinLock, i'm thinking of going with this, it will just lock down each workstation. These aren't computer geeks, just travel school students. I want to ensure the don't download file sharing tools, and AIM. or change the desktop pictures and delete stuff

well... winlock looks really fine. If I were you I would try it for those 30 days. If it is OK then pay for it.