Thread: Mandrake ...?

Mandrake ...?

I am running a p-4 , with win xp as the O/S .

When i try to install mandrake 8.2 the install , stalls at the partitioning .

How long should this take place before the drakx util comes up. just to make sure that its not hanging and i am just not giving it enough time.

Maybe you could try and partition the drive with Partition Magic first then try and install Mandrake...

I have had troubles with RedHat stoping while creating partitions but never Mandrake.
    Cory Cone

Are you trying dual boot with win XP? If not, remove win XP completely from your system before installing Mandrake. I just intalled Mandrake 8.2 on my somewhat old computer that was low on most everything, and it worked like a charm when I did it the second time, in low reolution gui. Had to reboot manually but that was it.

I know from experience that XP kidnappes the system completely so it's VERY hard do get rid of. I have a boot diskett that kan do it, if you need help. Found it on the net somewhere but dodn't remember where so I can zip it for you if you like.
    "Stop flame-wars - Report a post"
    The original Kitty Lizard