Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm not too sure how realistic Cogent is -- they're only available in certain places, and you apparently need to subscribe to at least a Gigabit to get Cogent to come to your building/house; so it might not be entirely practical.

But yeah, I really doubt that $7,000/month is worth it. (EDIT: If you've got $7,000/month to spare, go for it... I just think you can get a much better deal.)

well, i mean, IF he has cagespace from a data center (it seems he's on a sprintlink line, which is more than pretty ok) then i'd imagine a cogent (or yipes or verio or aleron or something cheaper) drop would be available to him in the datacenter.

i agree he can be getting a better deal. if his sites are on that line, they're doing great though from europe. east coast sprintlink is great from austria. i'm a tad jealous there.

id rather not share too much info. however, it is 100mbps (which i just upgraded to 150 mbps, (only $500 more per month) they gave me a deal. So yes, im getting 150 MBPS for 7500 per month. Maybe they read the post here eh? As for as details, you'd have to ask my techs. I do know its high-quality, and it works very well. As far as capping it, with the 150mbps we are now caapping at 1500 gb ... my techs said 600 gb is good for a 10mbps line so, i raised it considerably. im just here to offer the best for my customer.

yeah, i completely understand you not sharing, no problem at all. well good luck and with that attitude i'm pretty assured you can and will give the best to your customer.

Originally posted by bigshow911
    id rather not share too much info. however, it is 100mbps (which i just upgraded to 150 mbps, (only $500 more per month) they gave me a deal. So yes, im getting 150 MBPS for 7500 per month. Maybe they read the post here eh? As for as details, you'd have to ask my techs. I do know its high-quality, and it works very well. As far as capping it, with the 150mbps we are now caapping at 1500 gb ... my techs said 600 gb is good for a 10mbps line so, i raised it considerably. im just here to offer the best for my customer.
    heh you could push 600 gigs comfortably on 5mbit lol you could on 2mbit but 5 on big peaks

lol your paying for way to much man

You can do 350GB/mo on a T1 (1.536Mbits/sec) comfortably without any slowdown during peak hours.

Considering the going rate for T1 lines with Internet connectivity is about $700 a month (from a premium provider like ATT, Sprint, or Worldcom), you could load balance two T1 lines and easily shave $5600 off your monthly bill.
    Sincerely,
    Andrew Kinney
    CTO, Advantagecom Networks
    http://www.SimplyWebHosting.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12