Thread: Advertisment ?

Advertisment ?

Whats the best plan to advertise i dont realy wanna spoend any cash but please give me some good ideas

No cash + advertising is a difficult problem. I would recommend placing some offers in forums like this one.
    *AlphaOmegaHosting.Com* - Hosting since 1998
    Managed Dedicated Servers and VPS
    Hosted Exchange 2010 Email Service

you may offer your service to somebody in order to advertise.

Excellent point leoking! Sponser a few of these people running around the boards looking for free stuff. I usually target either causes I feel are good or sites that target my potential customers.

Oh yes, and if you're going to sponsor any sites, at least make sure their target audience would appeal to your hosting services.

Publicize your site and link. Put it in your signatures, email, tell friends, etc. Every little bit counts.

True phpcoder, I get a lot of traffic to my site just by contributing to forums and people following my link in my signature.

To prove my point (and please don't consider this an advertisement)....

Before we (Edge-Host) opened our site we just posted in the "Web Host Requests" forum. We got many clients from just posting and answering their questions when they contacted us.

Once one person uses your hosting services it is like a chain reaction. People ask others if they have used your services... the post on message boards, etc.

Originally posted by phpcoder
    To prove my point (and please don't consider this an advertisement)....

Before we (Edge-Host) opened our site we just posted in the "Web Host Requests" forum. We got many clients from just posting and answering their questions when they contacted us.

Once one person uses your hosting services it is like a chain reaction. People ask others if they have used your services... the post on message boards, etc.
    I have tried your method.It's because my price not cheap enough. nobody choose us. If the others want to us your method, the price must be cheap.

Originally posted by leoking

I have tried your method.It's because my price not cheap enough. nobody choose us. If the others want to us your method, the price must be cheap.
    Somewhat true. Yes, many people these days go after not just what they can afford, but whatever's cheapest. But... there'll always be people around looking for quality service, and not at the cheapest available price.

Some of the most successful/profitable web hosts around charge hardly anything you'd consider to be cheap.

Hmm well ware is this hosting request forum icant find it ? a link anyon ?
    FastRack Hosting - HTTP://WWW.FASTRACK-HOST.COM
    [email protected]

Originally posted by Halo Service
    Hmm well ware is this hosting request forum icant find it ? a link anyon ?
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumd...?s=&forumid=32

i really haven't got even 1 customer from wht
    CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com

You want to advertise but without money?
    If your running a hosting business, do you want to run that too without a cost?

Then in a few months, your going to start a thread that you cant get members or fail and close up. Dont be like few webhost around here, "i will buy reseller accout, i will support what i can, i will get money raining soon"

I wouldnt just think these forum are for advertising nor getting clients.

You need a concreate plan, go local, spend money on local newspaper, computer magazines, contact a few business, tell your friends etc...

What ever you put in advertising you will get back, just research.
    Western Man

You have not put your question properly. What product do you want to advertise? If you do not have money but good qualities you do not need advertisements.

If you do not have money but good qualities you do not need advertisements.
    Good product + No Marketing = No Sales
    Andrew McMaster
    http://www.FindMyHosting.com
    Compare Prices, Consumer Reviews, Help, Guides and More.

17. Mahinder, man, that is because I tried you guys CPHosting.com a month or so and all the support people speak poor english And most responses were bad............no offense. I then cancelled, and opened own company, and been booming

Originally posted by NovaW

Good product + No Marketing = No Sales
    May be you need more time to develop your business.

remember send your site to search engines
    www.rackfive.com
    Aquired by Data Provider LLC.

Originally posted by IonicHosting
    Mahinder, man, that is because I tried you guys CPHosting.com a month or so and all the support people speak poor english And most responses were bad............no offense. I then cancelled, and opened own company, and been booming
    First thing I don't understand how your hosting company is booming with COMING SOON / UNDER CONSTRUCTION words on your home page

we at cphosting.com have true 24 x 7 helpdesk support unlike many hosting companies (mostly resellers) which claim of such service but can not afford to keep it.

Try sending email to support @ cphosting.com address and you can conclude yourself what I mean.

Regarding English of our support people, as per my knowledge all our support people or you can say cphosting staff have very good English communication skills (except me ).

We gain 90% of our business from referral and now host more then 5000 web sites and are growing very fast. You can see this from our testimonials.

anyway, best of luck for your hosting venture !!

p.s.: sorry i was searching for cphosting.com and i found this thread pretty late
    CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com

If you don't have a budget, it's hard to get your name out ... try starting an affiliate program with a good payout.

Or try to get into the top10 spots for hosting searches ... which can be tricky
    Web Hosting Stuff - Over 10,000+ Hosting Companies Listed
    http://www.webhostingstuff.com

Originally posted by zhaozilong

May be you need more time to develop your business.

No not really, if you don't let people know about your product how will they find it?

You need to set aside a marketing budget ... marketing without $$ can be very tough

Try getting top spots in the search engines ... or reciprocal links .. these are relatively free.
    Web Hosting Stuff - Over 10,000+ Hosting Companies Listed
    http://www.webhostingstuff.com

if your a host, offer free hosting for free advertising, many people will take you up on this. Good free advertising is hard to find though, its a very necessary part of running a business; possibly even the most important part. Don't sell it short just because it is a variable cost, but if you absolutely cannot afford it, then try to trade services with people.
    IQ Studio
    www.IQStudio.net
    [email protected]
    Create.Design.Innovate