Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* Powerful Servers, Quality Bandwidth, Buy, Lease or Rent from $85/mth!!

Hardware:
    Pre burned, ISO-9002, CSA SYSTEM INTEGRATION
    2 year warranty on hardware purchases.
    APC port included

Standard Server 1U server
    1.13GHz PentiumŪ III w/ 512K Cache
    512MB SDRAM
    40GB IDE Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
    Rent: $75/mth
    or own it...
    Lease: $120/mth 12 mth term ($100 buy out at end of term)
    Lease: $87/mth 18 mth term ($100 buy out at end of term)
    Buy: $999 (Regular $1,238)

Executive Server 1U server
    1.13GHZ PentiumŪ III w/ 512K Cache
    (Upgradeable to two processors)
    1GB SDRAM at 133MHZ
    2 x 36GB U160 SCSI (10,000 RPM)
    Raid 2 Configuration
    Rent: $140/mth
    or own it...
    Lease: $260/Mth 12 mth term (10% $267 buy out at end of term)
    Lease: $186/mth 18 mth term (10% $267 buy out at end of term)
    Buy: $2670

Corporate Server 1U server
    2 x 1.40GHZ PentiumŪ III w/ 512K Cache
    2GB SDRAM at 133MHZ
    2 x 36GB U160 SCSI (10,000 RPM)
    Raid 2 Configuration
    Rent: $205/mth
    or own it...
    Lease: $321/Mth 12 mth term (10% $330 buy out at end of term)
    Lease: $230/mth 18 mth term (10% $330 buy out at end of term)
    Buy: $3300

No Set Up Fee!
    A one month deposit is required which is applied to your last month from 6 months on.

Included Software Options:
    All the above servers include your choice of the following.

Software Pack I
    Ensim Webppliance 3.0 Unlimited Domain License .NET Ready! (click here for features!)
    MailMax E-mail Server
    MailMax Web Add-on
    MS Win 2000 Server
    Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition

Software Pack II
    Unlimited Ensim WEBppliance Unlimited Domain License 3.1 (click here for features!)
    Redhat Linux 7.2

Software Pack III
    MS Win 2000 Server
    Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition

Software Pack IV
    Redhat Linux 7.x installation

Bandwidth:
    Multi-homed UUNET bandwidth

Data Center:
    Tier 1 UUNet TOR6 Datacenter
    100% UUNet peered bandwidth
    IP: 66.48.68.40
    Test File: http://cbm.theycommunicate.com/1.05MB.jpg
    Click here for last month's MRTG

Commited transfer: $10/50GB (50Gb Increments)
    Overage: $1/GB (10GB ingrements)

Collocation fees
    Setup fee $190 one-time (Waived on servers you buy from us)
    Server size: 1 U (19"w x 1.75"h) $35/mth
    Server size: 9"w x 18"h (mid-tower) $100/mth

IP Addresses:
    Justification required as per ARIN rules
    One time $10 Setup fee per block request subsequent to original server provisioning.

To order:
    email: them@theycommunicate.com
    call: 1-866-323-THEY ext 223
    Last edited by OneOfThem; 09-01-2002 at 07:04 PM.
    One of Them - them@theycommunicate.com
    Toll Free US and Canada: 1-866-323-THEY x223
    International/Local: 1-416-323-THEY x223
    Fax: 1-416-323-9978

Can you please confirm the server I wanted? I PMed you a few days ago checking you could provide that server1+software pack 1 plus the bandwidth offer you had at the time, but no response so far

The only good deal I can see is when you lease the "Standard Server 1U server" and colo it with you so the setup fee is waived. The hardware pricing is very expensive. I get AMD XPs and P4's for half the money but ok.

The leasing options are good though for someone who does not have the money for a full server.

Question: How can UUNET badwith be multihomed? I mean if you have multihomed bandwith and use UUNET I understand but "multihomed UUNET" is not valid. UUNET is UUNET...

Sorry I cannot give a thumbs up for this offer. In some special cases it can be of use though and if one leases the basic servers and colos it with you it is a decent bargain.

Originally posted by ubergeek22
    Can you please confirm the server I wanted? I PMed you a few days ago checking you could provide that server1+software pack 1 plus the bandwidth offer you had at the time, but no response so far
    Sorry, I thought that had been addressed.
    Re standard server software pack I and 300 GB bandwidth (which is the same price now as then). That would be 75 for the server rental and 60 for the transfer. 135/mth.

Thanks

Originally posted by NocSol
    The only good deal I can see is when you lease the "Standard Server 1U server" and colo it with you so the setup fee is waived. The hardware pricing is very expensive. I get AMD XPs and P4's for half the money but ok.
    Quite frankly I don't know who appointed you the arbiter of what is a good value for others. I think that the WHT users can judge for themselves what meets their needs. So you can get AMD's at a great price. Good for you. I'm in business to make a profit and mark up everything I sell, lease or rent.

Question: How can UUNET badwith be multihomed? I mean if you have multihomed bandwith and use UUNET I understand but "multihomed UUNET" is not valid. UUNET is UUNET....
    Why don't you talk about stuff you know about? Check out fixedorbit.com and run the IP I listed. Multihomed connections are those that peer with multiple transit providers. No one has more peering arrangements than UUNet. That's one reason why our feed has exhibited flawless 100% uptime since we moved into the facility in January. Sure typically people refer to multihomed as meaning that they ordered bandwidth from many different sources. Well, the UUNet facility that we are in is fed by multiple providers. Not just UUNet. That's multihomed. If our UUNet provided, redundant, peered connection to multiple upstreams is not multihomed, I don't know who's is.

Sorry I cannot give a thumbs up for this offer.
    I don't recall asking you for a review. Let the people decide for themselves. Please don't pollute the post further. Please PM me if you want to discuss the pros or cons of my plan marketing/pricing.

Now I must apologize to everyone for the tone of my response but I'm tired of competitors trying to spoil each others posts on the Board. I don't think that most of you depend on NocSol to tell you what a good deal is and what is not.
    Last edited by OneOfThem; 08-26-2002 at 11:01 AM.

Thanks OneOfThem

Nocsol, funny how you other offers when you're currently pimping your own....

Bit hypocritical ShareFile considering your Cogent XP offerings a while back... but we won't go into that.

OneOfThem's offers look fine to me.

Matt
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy

How many domains and mail boxes are supported on MailMax Email Server and Ensim ?

Mac

Wmac,

Well, the Ensim and MailMax Liscences allow for unlimited number of domains and users but as with anything the server resources really do dictate what is appropriate.

Wow, thats a really fine offer! A Windows 2000 Server for $85/mo. Where is the datacenter located?

How much for an extra hdd in the Standard Server 1U server? Maybe 2x20 GB instead of 1x40GB for software raid1.

are these managed servers? e.g. update kernals, if hardware breaks, replace them, reboot them, etc?

also can you install cpanel and do you support cpanel, if so how much?

thanks
    I have servers at: NetDepot/GNAX (A), SoftLayer (A), LiquidWeb (B+), DedicatedNow (B+), Nectartech (B) and more!

JDMundo,
    The datacentre is in Toronto Canada @ the UUNet Tor6 colo facility. I'll get you pricing on the drives in the morning, but it should only add about 10/mth to the server pricing.

universal2001,
    Yes these are managed servers. Kernal updates etc. are distributed via the Ensim control centre as updates become available. We handle hardware repairs/replacements and reboots (although there are APC ports to allow the client to do reboots). If you purchase a server there is a 2 year warranty on the system so you're covered in that way.

Unfortunately we do not support cpanel and do not install it, we're just focusing on Ensim for now. It makes life easier for us. You are of course welcome to install CPanel on your server yourself.

Cheers

Hello,

I am interested in your offers and would like to ask you a few questions.

Lets say I rented "Executive Server 1U" for $140/mo. Does this mean that after 2 years, if the server breaks you will repair it for me? Im asking this because I'm trying to decide the benefits of PURCHASING vs RENTING. If you will be offering to replace the equipment after 2 years, renting would probably be the way to go.

Also, can you confirm these for me.

1. All boxes come with a remote reboot APC?

2. Do you offer any uptime guarantees?

3. How much would it cost for 300GB Multi-Hommed Transfer?

4. How long have you been in business?

5. How long have you been at THIS datacenter (UUNet TOR6)

6. Is it possible requesting 100-150 IPs at a time if justified?

7. Are there techs at the NOC 24/7? I have been with various providers where my system is DOWN due to requiring a manual FSCK or motherboard failure and thus requires a replacement. 7/10 times, the provider has no-one there and requires a tech sent in resulting in countless hours of downtime. Do you have any sort of Hardware Replacement SLA?

8. Can you tell me the price for this setup (monthly+setup fee)?

* Executive Server 1U server (Rent)
    * 300GB Bandwidth
    * 150 IP addresses
    * Software Pack 1
    * Remote Reboot APC

9. Last but not least, how long does it take to setup these servers?

10. OK, lets say I BUY a server from you OUTRIGHT and then COLO it with you. Is this still FULLY managed? and do I still get an APC box? Also, what happens if a motherboard or RAM fails?? Do you replace it and then bill me the cost of that part? Is someone there todo this for me if im colocating or not?

Thank you. I look forward to buying a few servers soon!
    Last edited by universal2001; 08-28-2002 at 03:56 AM.
    I have servers at: NetDepot/GNAX (A), SoftLayer (A), LiquidWeb (B+), DedicatedNow (B+), Nectartech (B) and more!

universal2001,

If you are renting a server we are responsible for the hardware repair/replacement no matter how long has passed.

1.Yes all boxes come with a remote APC port.

2.Network uptime is guaranteed at 99.9%

3.300GB = $60/mth

4.We have been in business for 3 Years (2 as Panterra Media Corp.) and after a partnership change, 1 as They Communicate Inc.

5.We have been at TOR6 since January of this year.

5.(b)IP address: 66.48.68.40

6.Yes you can get a large IP block if justified, but we really will require proper justification as our upstream is quite diligent in enforcing ARIN rules.

7. No, there are not techs at the datacentre or NOC 24/7 and we have not implemented a hardware SLA as of yet. I can tell you however that our office is about 10 minutes from the datacentre and we try to keep hardware for standard system configs on hand.

8. The configuration you noted would be

140(rental)+60(transfer) = 200/mth
    A last month’s deposit of 200 would be required and may be applied to you final month after 6 months.

9. Normally 3-4 business days.

10. If you buy the server form us it is managed. We will NOT, however, manage software that is not in our software packs. You do get an APC port (not a box, a port). The server has a 2 year warrantee so if the motherboard or RAM fails it will be replaced at our cost and by our personnel.

Let me know is you have any more questions.

Cheers

We have been in business for 3 Years (2 as Panterra Media Corp.) and after a partnership change, 1 as They Communicate Inc.
    No searches found on Google for Panterra Media Corp?

Point being...?

Im ready to rent one today, if you could tell me some other details.. such as guaranteed uptime? 30 Money back guarantee? MS SQL? If not how much more would it be monthly to have MS SQL installed on the server?

Kim,

Uptime 99.9% network uptime
    There is not a 30 Money back guarantee in place
    You may install MS SQL on the server and we can install it for you if you have a license, but we do not sell licensees.

I tried contacting you via email, but you havent responded to me.. Please contact me at Neville644@cs.com

on AIM at Romeo77718
    on Yahoo! at Punisher666_99

So we may talk more.

Kim,

Your e-mail was recieved less than 40 minutes ago and I have just responded here. I'll return your e-mail shortly.

By the way, I don't use instant messengers.

Has anyone got any servers with them? I tried to contact them for several days, but most of my emails bounced back and got no replies for those went through.

Please post your experience here if you have server/s with them.
    Eric

Same here, sent them two emails, never got a reply -- went with another host.

My fault. I have not been able to follow up with new inquiries as I should have.

OneOfThem,

Did you have any problems with your email? I have problems sending emails to you these few days. Yet still, no reply from you, through email nor WHT PM. Do contact me if you are still interested in getting my business. Otherwise, I will find another host.
    Eric

There was a problem with an MX record on one of the name servers which may have caused your e-mail to bounce. I'll send you the information you requested within the next day or so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast