Viewing processes? Counter-strike isn't working...

I did the ./hlds_run and it looked like the counterstrike server went up but for some reason nothing happened when i tried to connect? My question what could be wrong and is there a way to see what processes are running?

-Aaron-

try
    top or ps aux
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

ps aux | grep hlds is what i'd use..

this isnt a counter strike support forum
    how about counter-strike.net ? or something like that

what does this have to do with dedicated hosting, really.

Dedicated Hosting Forum
    Devoted to discussions related to dedicated server hosting and co-location. Subjects include past experiences, bandwidth and performance related issues and current recommendations.

Because it is on a dedicated server running linux! geez dont have to burn me

so?
    at least take this to the technical forum
    people don't come to this section of wht to discuss why software/programs/whatever won't run

http://server.counter-strike.net would be a lot more useful than this forum.

Maybe it belongs in the technical forum, but I don't think his question is all that irrelevant. He asked how to view processes on a Linux dedicated server, and it was answered.

Finding why it's not working is probably more of an issue for a CounterStrike forum, but he didn't ask that.