Thread: C I Host?

C I Host?

Has anyone here any experience of these guys ***** at http://www.*****.com they offer unlimited bandwidth which seems the only "dodgy" part of their features.

I`m looking at W2000 hosting with them, any experience?

Appreciated, cheers

Philco

Hmm, wondering why their url was omitted?

Edude, any comments..

Philco

Wrong question!!!

Forget about them and look elsewhere before this thread hits 75 pages of C IHost bashing.

...or, do a seach in this forum and find enough information about them to keep you reading for the rest of the week

ooops, I searched already with ***** but got nothing because of the single letters, i tried again just now with ***** after using my brain this time and got pages of results, thanks dudes, they do look like they suck.

Philco.

I hear CIHOST sucks.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

ahhhh, so that's the host that's banned..

unlimited bandwidth.. haha.

I was trying to figure out who some of them were... with all the "******" in all the posts.

Hello,

When this issue will be clear to everyone that there's no sense for Unlimited Bandwidth ?

Personally I don't have any clue about this host. However I just realized that this is one banned hosts on WHT.

Interesting...
    Amir Golestan
    Executive Director | Micfo
    delivering the divine hosting experience™ | AS53889
    www.micfo.com

Before I found WHT, ***** was a host I was seriously considering. Their web site being very professional looking, kind of made it appealing to me and I just got a sense of "professionalism". Don't know why, but the words reliable and good customer service came to mind, oh well.

Originally posted by Samuel
    I hear CIHOST sucks.
    Yes, they do!

And I'm speaking out of past experience... quite a while back, but I heard they haven't changed much at all.

*****, well there was a time when i also wanted a plan from them but when i read the reviews here, i cahgned my mind and opted for HostNexus.

Don't go with them.. there are >1000's of better hosts out there

Don't go with them.. there are >1000's of better hosts out there
    Yes, you may be right..But i do not understand one thing. These ppl have a large setup..their technical or non-technical staff whoever knows a little about hosting and stuff know that there is no such thing as unlimited...then Why the Heck they do not change their plans or policies..

Maybe they feel that it's a good "marketing" technique. And in most cases that's true, many people get fooled by unlimited space/bandwidth.

They make their $$ on the new sign-ups and on the daft folks who think that their service is good

Some folks really don't realize that broken scripts, missing e-mails, flaky uptime and double- or triple-charging is not acceptable in the hosting community. They think that it's the internet and there is no recourse.

Others are just ignorant or absentee site owners. They don't realize that their service is flaky. Or they only use 10% of the features on their account, and that 10% seems to work...

As long as new sign-ups outweigh the cancellations, and as long as they don't have to refund pre-paid service contracts (they don't), they are makin' money. Why change what ain't broke, in that case?

Bailey

As long as new sign-ups outweigh the cancellations, and as long as they don't have to refund pre-paid service contracts (they don't), they are makin' money.
    I think its time for a NEW CEO for this company who can bring more stability

They have one redeeming quality ... they drive more people here than anyone :-) That's how I found this great site!

They have one redeeming quality ... they drive more people here than anyone :-) That's how I found this great site!
    thats true...!

Originally posted by ForumsAddict

I think its time for a NEW CEO for this company who can bring more stability
    I believe they are still a privately held company.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]