Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* Share some recommendations for Maxlist

Site is http://www.maxlist.com/

Tell me what you think aboutt he layout, navigation graphics, speed, ect., any suggestions would help!

Also there's a resources -> hosting category, add your hosting company if you wish

In addition, we also need editors for the hosting category. Job is voluntary, but anyway editors can display their own banners in their own category. Contact me email :webmaster@maxlist.com or ICQ UNI: # 94381635 if your interested!
    Last edited by Shinji01; 08-25-2002 at 02:40 PM.

Nice design, I like it.

Although, the text seems a bit too small.

Hard to read, text to small. Seems a little overwhelming with all those links and only text.

Yeah, I can't deny the fact that the font is rather small and illegible. Regarding the all text and no images. Maybe that's because we value towards content driving (faster speed) and not a graphical showcase

Regarding the all text and no images. Maybe that's because we value towards content driving (faster speed) and not a graphical showcase
    LOL...AND THEN...

All you need is some type of graphic/imagery to break up the monotony a little.

'Monotony'

Nice term, yeah maybe we do need some graphic or imagery! You think little graphical icons will do the job?

That might work. I was thinking of having an image/graphic for each of the sections header and maybe a footer.

Originally posted by punaboy
    That might work. I was thinking of having an image/graphic for each of the sections header and maybe a footer.
    That mite take some time, since there's over 100 categories

No, what I meant was do a graphic header only the "main sections" (ie - main menu, link catagories, link solution, member login, news coverage, affiliates) Maybe even have a graphic footer on each.

Why not just increase the size of the text? Unless that might conflict with your design.

I like it. Very attractive design. It is a little on the hard to read side but otherwise, looks great!

I can increase the font by 1 level, but after 2, it mess up the whole design

brilliant site mate good luck with it

Nice colors, but the text is too small for this old man.
    *AlphaOmegaHosting.Com* - Hosting since 1998
    Managed Dedicated Servers and VPS
    Hosted Exchange 2010 Email Service

Hehe, I must rethink my procedures and criteria to fit all ppls and not just the youngs with sharp eyes!! LOL, I never realize there's so many old men on the net! jk

It's not that we're old, it's that we spend way too much time staring at the monitor.

Originally posted by Shinji01
    Hehe, I must rethink my procedures
    Considering that increasing the text size messes things up, I suppose you will have to alter the design itself.

Most of us are having a hard time reading the text... people with higher than normal screen resolutions will have even a tougher time, I'm sure.

Yeah, I'll use this design for another one or two month. Then alter it once a new season comes That's my plan; but I can never follow my schedules!

too bright colors, darken, maybe some more graphics and a bigger font

I have to agree that the font really is too small. It doesn't look like the the overall design would be compromised in any way by bringing the font size up a touch.

Interesting setup for navigation. It works.

I would put a little blurb on the home page saying what the site is about. When first looking at the site, it's hard to figure out exactly what you do.

Load time? How could it be anything but lightning fast? It has precious few images, so load time will be very quick.

I guess you already know that there are many broken links (404 error)

Overall, the site has an interesting look. It seems to work.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

The fonts are too small and the site is very hazy...i will have to wear 2 spects for clarity. nothing is visible except the name MAXLIST

hmmm...seems like after all we'll have to alter this layout. Anyway, 'vito' regarding the 404 errors; just that some part of site is still under development. We rushed to release this at testing stage, but now i feel that we'll stay down and correct the layout first then those underdevelop sections!

Cant see the words on your site might want to make your fonts a little bit bigger.

I like it

If you do have to raise the font size, do it through css using pixels and not points...then you won't have such a drastic change and it will be more legible. I'd even try making the font color darker...if it's #999999, try and make it #666666.

Cheers,
    William Neal

It's all too "faded" - it's as though the contents should be used as a background, not as the main text. If that makes sense. The text should be a darker colour and the news text should be bigger (in my opinion).
    http://www.stodge.net
    http://pixellent.stodge.net - Pixellent Interactive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast