View Poll Results: do you wear glasses? (or contacts)

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

37 52.11%
  • no

26 36.62%
  • i should, but i refuse!

8 11.27%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

do you wear glasses?

i don't but i'm staring at the monitor too much nowadays and i know my sight isnt as good as it was 5 years ago.

(i'm only 20 too)

I wear contacts...
    Signature.

Contacts here too...
    Adam Heavens
    Server Centre Limited (www.servercentre.net)
    Exchange 2007 Hosting, Windows/Linux Hosting

Nope. Definately not 20/20, but pretty close.
    Jeremy [email protected]
    Front Drive Advanced multi-domain hosting solutions
    http://www.frontdrive.com/

Tip of the Day: Conciously BLINK!

I realize the <BLINK> tag died a horrible death but the need to blink your eyes is still alive and strong.

Many people tend to blink less than they should while starring at a monitor. It's important to conciously blink often while working to help protect your eyes for the long term. Blinking helps to keep them moist and this is important. I also keep Visine Tears close by. If your eyes feel like they are drying out give them some artificial help...

It's also a good idea to close your eyes and keep them closed for a few seconds every so often.

Smokers, those who hang in the sun a lot, those over 65, and those who have blue/hazel/green eyes need to work a lil harder than others since they are at a higher risk of eye strain/problems.

As for me and my blue eyes.... still 20/20
    FutureQuest.net
    Quality Services & Professional Support Since 1998
    Click Here To Visit the Community

i wear contacts most time but glasses in morning and late night so i put yes

No I dont, but my vision is not 20/20.

Thanks for reminding me, Deb; I've always known this.. just never bothered to blink much lately
    Gary King

I wish I could read the big E on the eye chart without my glasses. I'm looking into getting that laser surgery, but I'm kinda afraid they'll mess up and ruin my eyes somehow... *paranoid*

Originally posted by Deb
    It's important to conciously blink often while working to help protect your eyes for the long term.
    Another eyestrain-avoidance tip: look away from the monitor from time to time, and focus on a few different objects at varying distances from where you're sitting.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

I'm supposed to wear glasses - but I don't particularly like them.

The stupid optometrist gave me bifocals which are a complete pain.

I need to go back one day and get retested for some new ones. I'm long sighted which is great for reading things a great distance away - but doesn't really help when reading papers, etc. close up.

--Shaun
    Shaun Ewing
    http://shaun.net

Originally posted by zdwebhosting
    i wear contacts most time but glasses in morning and late night so i put yes
    me too

I wear contacts.

Thankfully my vision is still near perfect. The only glasses I wear are sun glasses.
    -Bruce

Im supposed to wear them but I seldom do. Its only for reading small print. I believe if you wear them more than you should your eyes will grow dependent on them, and there for weaken faster than they should.

MY GOD WHERE DID MY KEYBOARD GOOOO Ooops lol sorry it's right in front of me lol

Like I said I only wear them when I need them

Cheers
    For a great new forum please click on my weblink.
    ALLWAYS LOOKING FOR MEMBERS
    VISIT ME AT
    http://www.jmdsforum.com

Yep. Unfortunately, after I spent a week staring at a laptop screen (many years ago) I had to go get glasses...have ever since
    *AlphaOmegaHosting.Com* - Hosting since 1998
    Managed Dedicated Servers and VPS
    Hosted Exchange 2010 Email Service

Originally posted by dandanfirema
    Yep. Unfortunately, after I spent a week staring at a laptop screen (many years ago) I had to go get glasses...have ever since
    I'm the opposite. If I look at a CRT screen for more than about 30 minutes I get a massive headache and sore eyes (although some of the newer flat CRTs are fine).

I will absolutely refuse to have any other monitor than an LCD (in environments where I have control of course) which is why for the time being I'm sticking with laptops. When I get a standard desktop I'll be getting an LCD with that as well.

Another reason why I have to get new glasses - I won't be able to control what display I have forever .

--Shaun
    Shaun Ewing
    http://shaun.net

focusin daily contacts
    Jason Mansfield - jmansfie [at] uoguelph.ca

Originally posted by Deb
    ......, and those who have blue/hazel/green eyes need to work a lil harder than others since they are at a higher risk of eye strain/problems......
    What other eye colours are there?
    -Chris
    "There are 10 kinds of people; those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Blind in my right eye, very poor vision in my left, although correctable in my left to 20/40

Having quality optics is awesome.
    Mester - brown
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

20/20

Bi-focals

Can't blame it on puters though.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

I wear contacts.

20/20 vision

Originally posted by Samuel
    Mester - brown
    Isnt brown the same as hazel??
    -Chris
    "There are 10 kinds of people; those who understand binary, and those who don't."

My vision is 20/90 and I lack depth perception.

i starting wearing glasses in pre school.....then in highschool i got contacts, i tend to wear both... but contacts kick ass, as for my vision, i'll just say this: my 76 year old grandmother has better vision then me...

Originally posted by dreamrae.com
    i starting wearing glasses in pre school.....then in highschool i got contacts, i tend to wear both... but contacts kick ass, as for my vision, i'll just say this: my 76 year old grandmother has better vision then me...
    ditto been wearing glasses for ages and contacts since like 6th grade and i'm only 17 almost 18 and my eyes are so much worse then my grand parents its not even funny we lay our glasses down and compare glass width and all laugh hahaha.

anyhow hopefully i will get the eye surgery like my mom did in a few years.

Originally posted by Mester

Isnt brown the same as hazel??
    Hazel is in between green and blue, almost colorless, I have hazellike eyes.

It's caused from residual astygmatism, the shape of my eyes change based on the temperature of my body so my eyes go from bright blue in the summer (Or heat), and almost green in the winter, or when I am cold.

No, brown, is brown, hazel is like aqua
    dotGig

Been wearing glasses since high school -- only for distance.

Now I wear contacts for that.

However I notice that during migraines my close-up vision gets royally horked, so I just bought a pair of weak reading glasses. They are pretty darn nifty.

I am only 31 though a little early for readers.

Bailey

still got good vision here - probably not quite as perfect as when I was a teen, but still fairly close.

I'm big on the eye exercises too. Taking breaks to look elsewhere and focusing at objects at different distances away heps a great deal.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Originally posted by Tony P
    I wish I could read the big E on the eye chart without my glasses. I'm looking into getting that laser surgery, but I'm kinda afraid they'll mess up and ruin my eyes somehow... *paranoid*
    Hi Tony.

I had worn Glasses for nearly 13 years and made the big leap and had Laser Surgery on both eyes about 2 months ago. Was the best thing I have done for myself. I now have no problems at all reading the bottom line of any eye chart.

Marita

Forgot to mention, I am seeing a doctor that might be able to restore vision in my right eye, now wouldn't that be the bomb?
    dotGig

Originally posted by Samuel
    Forgot to mention, I am seeing a doctor that might be able to restore vision in my right eye, now wouldn't that be the bomb?
    Sure
    Gary King

I don't know who to beleive anymore. I have been working with computers seriously for around 4 years now. And ever since my vision has gotten worse and worse. However, when I ask my eye doctor if there is a problem. He says the same thing "If monitors or tvs caused problems with your eyes, we would all be blind" So I think its time to switch eye doctors.

To give you an idea of my vision.

Last year I had a glasses prescription of 1.50. This year my glasses are 3.00

Thanks

glasses here (23)
    movabletypehost.com / xarayahost.com / tikihost.com : Interested?
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=3691760

I have glasses but don't like to wear them
    also afraid of wearing lenses

Any solution?

but I'm kinda afraid they'll mess up and ruin my eyes somehow... *paranoid*

My grandmother is going back for her 3rd correction. Meaning they did the initial laser surgery and are now doing their 3rd one since to touch it up or something. I don't know all the details, only that it hasn't worked so well for her.
    When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just stare at
    you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*".
    -- Linus Torvalds

Being nearsighted is dangerous, especially if you have over a 6.0 diopter myopia (nearsightedness).

You are much more prone to having a Retinal Tear occur in your eye later in life (because your eyeball has elongated) so that means your vitrious is tugging and pulling on your retina much harder which can cause it to tear and blind you.

Go read www.sightwise.org if you are nearsighted...that $#@! is scary!

LOL. I don't know I hear good and the bad about it all. Anyway, I find it funny that my friends mother considered laser surgery. Until she realized that they used lazers. LOL

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast