Fast support response time

Hi,

Do you know any dedicated company that has very fast response time when contacted regarding server problems (bw slowdown, server not responding, etc.). I need really prompt support, best would be if techical support is available through live chat. Also, I dont need live chat like I experienced with some companies, in which 90% of the time they tell you please e-mail [email protected] for help. And then I wait 6 hours for support to reply. I want company which will take server down/server slowdown very seriously and start resolving the issue within 15 minutes. Does support like this even exists, ?

Also, can you tell me in terms of responsivenes which is best (if you have server in one of these companies, what was their average response time):

HiVelocity, FDC, AlphaRed, please suggest any other company with good bandwidth offers. I need 20Mbps unmetered (or 100Mbps shared unmetered), or 6000 Gb outgoing bw.

SoftLayer has been great for me.

The only time I had any major delay (it had been 15m for a critical issue with no response) with a support ticket, I called them, and a person who was able to help picked up after a couple rings.

get in touch with www.thenynoc.com. they are my host and have pretty decent response times (~5-10mins). they also run unmetered bw offers too.

You might want to take a look through the offers section and then just do a quick search on any companies that catch your eye.

Also, you might want to examine what "do it yourself" services they offer. Many hosts will let you do things on your own like remote power cycles, remote OS installs, out of band management (KVM / serial console / etc.) all with no need to wait for a tech.
    Take 2 Hosting, Inc. - Hosting Done Right
    Fully automated setup - new servers in as little as 10 minutes
    http://www.take2hosting.com/

Softlayer. Very very quick respone times.
    Got them to change a disk within about 5 minutes of calling
    Completly rebuilt another machine on request without the need to argue to toss for hours
    Damien

SoftLayer

Quote Originally Posted by djorgensen View Post
    Softlayer. Very very quick respone times.
    Got them to change a disk within about 5 minutes of calling
    Completly rebuilt another machine on request without the need to argue to toss for hours
    SoftLayer seems like perfect choice, but their BW is too expensive for my needs.

Quote Originally Posted by borgdrone7 View Post
    SoftLayer seems like perfect choice, but their BW is too expensive for my needs.

What is your approximate budget?
    Take 2 Hosting, Inc. - Hosting Done Right
    Fully automated setup - new servers in as little as 10 minutes
    http://www.take2hosting.com/

It's definitely possible, but it is costly. Expect to pay $250/mth+ for fully-managed service.

Kind Regards,

budget

approx. $250

approx. $250
    That can definitely be accomplished - what kind of server would be managed?

Server

In my first POST you can see approximately what do I need, 20 minutes response max (when server is not responding, or network slowdown) 24/7/365. 20Mbps bandwidth (or similar 100Mbps shared unmetered). Other things I would like, but I am not sure if I can get for this budget are:
    4Gb RAM
    Quad core
    2xHDD in RAID 1 (for example 250Gb)
    Remote reboot/ IP KVM
    CPanel
    NAS (40 Gb) - optional

Best offer so far is FDC, they have something similar to this, I just dont know anything about their response times, since they do not provide any SLA.

In my first POST you can see approximately what do I need, 20 minutes response max (when server is not responding, or network slowdown) 24/7/365. 20Mbps bandwidth (or similar 100Mbps shared unmetered). Other things I would like, but I am not sure if I can get for this budget are:
    4Gb RAM
    Quad core
    2xHDD in RAID 1 (for example 250Gb)
    Remote reboot/ IP KVM
    CPanel
    NAS (40 Gb) - optional

Best offer so far is FDC, they have something similar to this, I just dont know anything about their response times, since they do not provide any SLA.
    So what's your server budget in addition to the 250 support budget?

Kind Regards,

I dont need managed

$250 is for everything. I don't need managed service, except to keep my server working in terms of hardware and network. Software, OS, service monitoring, etc. I don't need. I mean it most basic thing from dedicated server one can ask for:
    Hardware to work
    Network to have speed as promised all the time
    If something happens to one of these 2 things I need quick fix, thats all.

$250 is for everything. I don't need managed service, except to keep my server working in terms of hardware and network. Software, OS, service monitoring, etc. I don't need. I mean it most basic thing from dedicated server one can ask for:
    Hardware to work
    Network to have speed as promised all the time
    If something happens to one of these 2 things I need quick fix, thats all.
    Agreed - you shouldn't be needing any additional support then. However, most of the time network performance issues are related to software misconfiguration, which is where management services would come in.

If you need a fast response try CartikaHosting.

Regards,

CartikaHosting

CartikaHosting is obviously off limits for my budget and needs. I am sure they are good, but simply not within my budget, thanks.

You might have to sacrifice your response time requirement if your total budget is $250. Still can find a decent provider. The fact is ultimately your money is going to either go for bandwidth or service, you can't have both at your budget, and I'm frankly surprised you can get your bandwidth requirement met at that price.

Regards,

I would suggest that you give a try to ThePlanet. Yesterday had to ask for a manual reboot of a server and they completed that (during non business hours) in 3 minutes.

This is not metaphoric: it literally was 3 minutes.

bw problem

Planet is good but again, BW 20Mbps is problem.

I think if you spoke to SL about the bandiwdth they may well be able to move on price. Worth a shot
    Damien

I'm not sure if they offer unmetered, but they for sure would offer dedicated 20mpbs and even more on private racks. Of course, prices aren't that low when you go for dedicated bw but honestly hadn't any problem with their shared bw.

Planet is good but again, BW 20Mbps is problem.

I have had great response times with both SoftLayer and The Planet. If I had to choose one of them I would probably base it on price alone.

Well, they both lack cheap 20Mbps bandwidth (to be able to fit into $250 budget, together with server).
    Only options I have are AlphaRed - 20Mbps dedicated, FDC - 100Mbps shared unmetered, and Burst.net - 100Mbps shared unmetered
    Do you know any of them has good response times?

We had a client doing a short-term, high-bandwidth, resource-intensive project. Rather than order a pile of equipment that differed substantially from the usual equipment we keep in inventory, we did a quick turn-up with Soft Layer for a few months. The experience was definitely positive, and their support was very responsive at all hours. For example, one of the machines suffered a power supply failure at night, and they had it replaced within 15 minutes.

If we had to use an external vendor again, SL would be at the top of the list.

Hi, I decided to go with AlphaRed, if they do not prove to be ok, I will switch to SL. I will get 20 Mbps unmetered, they claim its dedicated, not shared. Only problem I have with them is that they can not have more than 4 IPs per server. I really dont understand why this limitation exists. Since I will have 3 VMs each having different IP, I will have to use one IP for everything else (DNS, Mail, Web, etc.). Do you see any problem that may arise because of this 4 IPs limitation. Also am I limited to 3 VMs because of this?

Ive been looking at midPhase and they are doing Softlayer boxes with 10TB of quality bandwith! Not bad really for the money they are asking
    Damien