Need Massive Storage

I'm by no means new to the hosting scene, and know of the various top guns out there. I just need to come up with a shortlist that meet the following requirements...

150GB+ Storage NEEDED
    At Least 1MB Bandwidth - Yes, 1MB
    Under $10/mo
    MONTHLY BILLING CYCLE - This is where all of the hosts drop out of the filter.

I need this for just a couple months as part of a project I'm doing with a friend and we need to host large files. I of course am looking for an overselling host in THIS CASE as I do not need support, CPU usage won't be touched.

I'm simply looking for a large storage space for a low price. Again a MONTHLY billing cycle is a MUST. I've looked at all the overselling hosts that I could think of and they all need at least 3 month prepay.

Appreciate any recommendations.

I don't there are any webhosters out there that offer this, mainly to block subscribers like yourself.
    hi there!

Your going to need more then 1MB of bandwidth to get all of the files on the server? or are you going to make them there?

$10 is pretty low...
    RageTracks.com -- Discover the latest Electronic Dance Music

I think I may have found a solution. Dreamhost offers month-to-month payments, but has a set-up fee of $50. I may signup for a monthly billing cycle with them and use their endless coupons to waive that set-up fee. It seems to be the only option available to me at the moment, .

Quote Originally Posted by amygdela View Post
    I don't there are any webhosters out there that offer this, mainly to block subscribers like yourself.
    Haha, I know what you mean. Although, I'm not doing anything destructive to anyone. Its not illegal, my intentions are perfectly acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Manacit View Post
    Your going to need more then 1MB of bandwidth to get all of the files on the server? or are you going to make them there?
    I was trying to imply that bandwidth didn't matter, .

Quote Originally Posted by Dan B View Post
    $10 is pretty low...
    Again, I'm not looking for server performance...support...or even uptime in this matter. There are numerous overselling hosts out there that offer this. However, none of them offer a monthly billing cycle.

ah ok, I can vouch for the fact that dreamhost allows you to use all of the storage they've allocated to your account (I've used up to about 230GB at one time)

Quote Originally Posted by Manacit View Post
    ah ok, I can vouch for the fact that dreamhost allows you to use all of the storage they've allocated to your account (I've used up to about 230GB at one time)
    Thanks for that, . I'm going to go ahead with dreamhost then. I may end up using them to host some other small actual sites, .

so you want a web host just to use for storage, and you want 150GB for under $10? not going to happen, unless you sign up for one of those big-name companies that offer unrealistic deals and just screw you out of your money.

Sounds like you should just borrow a portable HDD from your neighbour or something...

Quote Originally Posted by dale View Post
    Sounds like you should just borrow a portable HDD from your neighbour or something...
    Haha, I know. However it wouldn't be web accessible that way. I'm not going to be using any more than 10-20GB of transfer. My PHP script causes absolutely no CPU load or anything...so I should be fine, .

Quote Originally Posted by KJDD View Post
    so you want a web host just to use for storage, and you want 150GB for under $10? not going to happen, unless you sign up for one of those big-name companies that offer unrealistic deals and just screw you out of your money.
    Actually, I know this may sound weird...but its those companies that I am looking for right now. I am looking for the hosts that have unrealistic plans and don't support their clients well. I'm also looking for the crappiest crap server, .

My situation is a bit complicated. I'll post a thread in a month or two once things play out.

You said you only need 1MB (as an example of how little bandwidth you need) but to even upload 150GB wou will be using 150GB of upload banwidth LOL.

Did you consider that?
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / Automated Lead Funnel Service

There is no way you can upload that many files with that low of banwidth.

Try http://www.polurnet.com/. I used them for over a year without major problems. They offer a month to month payment plan.

Quote Originally Posted by SamOwen View Post
    Try http://www.polurnet.com/. I used them for over a year without major problems. They offer a month to month payment plan.
    he need 150 GB..

the huge package of polurnet is 500mb..
    UnderHost Inc. Offshore Hosting Solutions and USA/Canadian based servers.
    24/7 Rapid Support / 99.9% Uptime Guarantee / Shared / Cloud / VPS / Dedicated Servers
    Managed OnApp Cloud USA Cloud Virtual Datacenter - Dedicated and Scalable Resources
    Hong Kong - Netherlands - Canada - Panama - United States - Russia

I forgot to mention you can get a custom plan if you contact them.

I doubt they will give +100 GB for less than $10 as they are not oversellers.
    RageTracks.com -- Discover the latest Electronic Dance Music

Maybe he will send them a harddrive with the data dont want to use yout 1mb Bandwidth lol haha. Hostgator.com - your best shot i think
    Jon Black

Quote Originally Posted by sajanParikh View Post
    Haha, I know. However it wouldn't be web accessible that way. I'm not going to be using any more than 10-20GB of transfer. My PHP script causes absolutely no CPU load or anything...so I should be fine, .
    I'm sure you have your reasons, and I trust that they are sane, but if being web-accessible is the only thing stopping you, there are so many ways to be web-accessible. But anyway ... not our place to judge you.

My situation is a bit complicated. I'll post a thread in a month or two once things play out.
    Looking forward to it!

Hmm... Amazon S3 does offer something like this, but may not be convenient, if you just need the space for a couple of months. That, and they charge for transfer also. But someone in the interwebs did the calculations and it wasn't that bad.

But I'm quessing that this isn't in your intentions, since you're trying to find an overseller and use up the storage. Well, happy hunting and all the best to your project.

150GB+ Space ... and less than 10$ per month ? hmmm .... Well, unless HDD prices drop to a staggering 2$ per 500 GB HDDs, then I don`t think you`ll find such a service for such a price.

Use DreamHost.