Are There Any E-mail Servers w/ API & Cluster Capable?!?

As the topic says, I'm currently looking for any e-mail servers that have the ability to:

a) be clustered or have multiple servers interact for redundant support

b) have an API so that I can programatically interact with it.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Don't care if it's Linux or Microsoft

You could try using PowerMail. It's distributed and redundant by design, and utilizes MySQL for storage, so either interfacing directly to this or putting a REST/SOAP interface in front of it shouldn't be too difficult.

Of course, it has two major drawbacks: No IMAP support, and it will receive email only, not send (you'll need to utilize postfix or exim for this).

http://www.powerdns.com/en/products.aspx

Smartermail (enterprise) is cluster capable and has a great API.
    It has allot of MS Exchange like features, webmail, IMAP IDLE, Calander, global address book, mobile device support.
    It's a .net app so runs on windows.
    SOA/SaaS/Cloud & Hosting Technology Evangelist
    Note: Any opinions expressed are my own and not of anyone else or my companies.

Quote Originally Posted by network82 View Post
    Smartermail (enterprise) is cluster capable and has a great API.
    It has allot of MS Exchange like features, webmail, IMAP IDLE, Calander, global address book, mobile device support.
    It's a .net app so runs on windows.
    Hmmm that's interesting that you say that as I was looking at it as one of my first options, do you mean for v4 though? From my conversation with their sales team below it sounds like they don't support what you are saying?

Greetings,

1) Is it possible to create a cluster of Smarter Mail servers for redundancy?
    No, if you set up a Smarthost this will spool your messages until your primary server comes back on line.

2) Is it possible to run Mail, Track & Stats in a .Net x64 enviroment with 64 bit application pools?
    Smartermail and Smartertrack were written in ASP.net 2, SmarterStats was written in ASP.net 1, Although near the end of June SmarterStats 4 will be release and that may be ASP.net 2
    All 3 products can run in 64 bit or 32 bit

3) Is there a common API that could be used to customize each application to our needs? If so, is there a website with documentation we can look through?
    There are no Skinning Guides available for SmarterTrack and Smartermail 5.x. This is work in progress with no estimated release date.

4) Is there discounts available for purchasing multiple versions of all 3 items?
    There is no promotions running at this time

5) Is there a public roadmap available?
    I would image the best place for this would be on the forums.
    http://www.smartertools.com/forums/

Sincerely,

Daniel O'Hare
    SmarterTools Inc.

So I'm really hoping what you're saying is true, but according to their sales rep, it is not possible unfortunately. Maybe they just took away features for the new version?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-AEC View Post
    You could try using PowerMail. It's distributed and redundant by design, and utilizes MySQL for storage, so either interfacing directly to this or putting a REST/SOAP interface in front of it shouldn't be too difficult.

Of course, it has two major drawbacks: No IMAP support, and it will receive email only, not send (you'll need to utilize postfix or exim for this).

http://www.powerdns.com/en/products.aspx
    Thanks for the info, but I don't think this is what I'm looking for. In my mind e-mail support includes sending as well as receiving so I'd like to have a software solution that does both. Thought that software could be good for specific purposes.