CMS for a small community (forum, blog, articles, wiki)

Hi:

I'm planning to build a small on line community. Basically what I need is a blog / news system, a forum (there would be about 20 forums tops), a wiki (so people can contribute content to FAQs and guides) and an articles section (to write long static content).

I've been looking for something that integrates all those things in a single package, but so far I've had no luck. The closest I've seen is Community Server which has social networking features (a big plus), but I'm not going to pay all that money for this small and non profit project and I don't want to be limited by only 15 forums.

I'm looking at Joomla and it's plugins now and it seems like the best option, although it requires much more work than a single package and I still doubt it will be integrated as nicely).

So that's why I'm asking you... do you know about any package that suits my needs? I would even pay for such a thing if it was a low price.

Thanks in advance.

You could try e107 from www.e107.org.

It can do everything but the wiki, since the last time I used it, you might check it out. Someone probably wrote a plugin for it
    $this->hasFlavr() ? $nom->nom('nom') : $want->doNot()

I believe that Joomla would do all of this. It's at Joomla dot com. Sorry, but the board won't yet let me post links...

John

I'd stick with a CMS/blog and forum software. Wordpress and SMF can be integrated with selected forum posts showing in Wordpress. My favourite CMS is www.Textpattern.com
    I'd recommend you stay away from wikis. They require too much moderation & the web graveyard is littered with failed wikis that got spammed to death.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm going to take a look at e107 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
    You could try e107 from www.e107.org.

It can do everything but the wiki, since the last time I used it, you might check it out. Someone probably wrote a plugin for it
    Wow. I haven't heard that referred to in a while. As well as PostNuke and PHPNuke, e107 was the software of choice for me back in the day. Oh, the memories.
    - Jamie Harrop