want to start video hosting service

I been wanting to start a video hosting site. I got the php skills to make it. But i am not sure about servers for stuff like this. I dont want to put 200$ on the table for the first month. And not to many people use. So i dont know where i should start server wise for this. If any one could help make offers stuff like that would be great.

I'd buy a small reseller package first (while testing), then just get a VPS or low end dedicated and monitor cpu usage... 2c

How much space and bandwidth do you think and do you know any good resellers that i should look at first. This is something that i really want to get in to i am not sure if i want to use overseas servers because people upload to much copy written content.

It depends on you. i think like 3-5 GB will be more than enough just for testing. I can't advertise my own services at WHT, though suggest you to avoid the ones who oversell. I'd host where you'd get most of the traffic from, if it's all legit.

That amount of space just sounds so small because that could be gone so fast in the middle of testing. I kinda looking for something i can grow with for a bit and then by the time i need to get something with really punch i would have money from ads and stuff like that already.

I'd suggest you get a VPS or a dedicated server. If you are planning for a huge video site then get a dedicated server with at least a 80GB hard drive and a few terabytes of bandwidth.

Yeah i guess thats a start just trying to budget at first and let it grow with easy dont need any big corporate deals tell i get on my feet.