Need A New Web Host

Hi,

I am searching for a new host for my website. I am currently using OCHosting, and I have been using them since 2003. I was always happy with their service, but they were recently purchased by a larger company and I am finding the service less than satisfactory as of late.

I currently get 3 gigs of space with OCHosting for $19.95 a month, plus $20.00 a year for the domain name. They used to use CPanel for web editing, which I absolutely loved, but now they have downgraded to a lousy editor that never cooperates with me.

Does anyone have any good recommendations, or a starting point? I would really appreciate it, this is a big move and I don't want to make the wrong choice in a new web host.

Thanks!

Are you absolutely stuck on cPanel as a control panel? Also, how much bandwidth are you using?
    Hosted with ReliableSite.Net.

I do think staying with cpanel is a good choice, with your budget you will find a suitable cpanel host, try the offers section
    ArzNet.com
    Providing Hosting & Domain Reseller since 2001
    Clientexec and Directi Domain Reseller with every Reseller Plan - 30 Day Trial Now Available!

I would recommend trying Hawk Host. I have hosted a few domains with them and I absolutely loved their service. I experienced no downtime, their staff was friendly, and I didn't have to submit a single ticket.

http://www.hawkhost.com/

I would stick with cPanel.. Lots of great features. I would look at the offers section for shared hosting on this forum.. Im sure you will find something there. Also probably something a bit cheaper then you are paying now.
    Ernie - Enzu Inc.| Managed Infrastructure and Cloud Services
    Public & Private Cloud | Hybrid Cloud | Dedicated Servers | VPS | Colocation
    Los Angeles | Dallas | Chicago | Miami | Asia Optimized Network
    Amazing Reseller Program | Ernie.Quick @ enzu.com| 702-965-1615 x 7040

I'm sorry, I don't fully understand, are you still using cpanel? or they changed it? I'm asking this because if you're still using cpanel the move to a new host with the same control panel it's going to be easier.
    How much bandwidth are you using per month?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

My bandwidth per month is typically between 400mb - 800mb, though I expect a jump in that once I give my site a makeover.

To answer the CPanel question, OCHOsting's new owners did away with CPanel, which I think is rather unfair to those of us who have become accustomed to it over the last 5 years. Their new editing tools are so confusing and constantly need to be reloaded because I get errors that "the page cannot be displayed".

Most hosts should be able to offer that for you And it's quite worrying that your old host removed cPanel on you like that, especially since (I assume) some customers would have chosen OCHosting specifically because they offer cPanel (I've never personally liked Plesk, DA etc).

Also, is your domain a .com? Because $20 per year (if so) is pretty extortionate?
    Last edited by Tristan Perry; 05-27-2008 at 06:19 PM.
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog

Do yourself a favor and do not fall in the temptation of go with a host offering you tons of space and bandwidth since you know pretty much what are your needs. Your budget it's pretty good for your needs.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Jedito is right, Big Hosting Companies now a days their servers can be slow, not that they will go down, But in some cases your IP is shared with hundreds of people and it can slow your site down.

I would recommend looking for something smaller, Then you can be guaranteed some quality service and speed
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

some examples would be nice for cloey lol....

Bluehost are pretty reasonable, I have had 1yr account with them. There are some great ones out there

Even smaller ones can be good aswell cause you get more help as they are not dealing with Traffic of those as Bluehost or Site5

would bluehost be suggested more then hostgator?

Probably not, Hostgator is much Bigger than Bluehost!
    Though, It would be persons preference really, On which one they would choose.

Thank you, I appreciate the suggestions!

My domain is a .com, so my site has been pretty expensive for me. If I can manage the same site with the same storage and badwidth, I would love to get a better price. I'm just not familiar with many of the hosts out there. OCHosting used to be really great about down time, but since they made the switch, my site has been down at least 9 times in the last year, which is way more than before. I like to have a lot of storage space because I use my webspace for other purposes than just my website.

Hawk Host looks really good, does anyone know how often they have downtime and how good they are on customer service? I will look into Blue Host and Hostgator as well

Quote Originally Posted by Cloey View Post
    Thank you, I appreciate the suggestions!

My domain is a .com, so my site has been pretty expensive for me. If I can manage the same site with the same storage and badwidth, I would love to get a better price. I'm just not familiar with many of the hosts out there. OCHosting used to be really great about down time, but since they made the switch, my site has been down at least 9 times in the last year, which is way more than before. I like to have a lot of storage space because I use my webspace for other purposes than just my website.

Hawk Host looks really good, does anyone know how often they have downtime and how good they are on customer service? I will look into Blue Host and Hostgator as well
    Just a quick reply - $20 per month for a .com is a pretty huge rip-off IMHO.

Considering (for my own, non-business use) I can register domains at $7.25 each, I can't imagine being charged over treble that.

I personally wouldn't recommend HostGator or BlueHost as they both oversell (i.e. offer impossible amounts of disk space and bandwidth), although I've tried out A Small Orange for shared hosting (a few years ago) and they were quite good. Known Host are a great host, too.

Anywhoo, best of luck with finding a new host

Yes there overseller everyone knows that they also have the most customers in webhosting really, so they cant be to bad.

If you wouldn't recommend Blue Host or Hostgator, then which would you recommend? Basically I want a reliable host, lots of space, plenty of bandwith, CPanel and all those fun addons.

What Specs are you after?
    Bandwidth and Space ie.

I would recommend waterfallhosting. They are a new web host and they provide a c panel as well as long as so many other features. Personally, I like them. Hope that help!

Quote Originally Posted by webnerd1337 View Post
    I would recommend waterfallhosting. They are a new web host!
    Even more reason not to go there, how can she trust your post considering its your first aswell.

If you wouldn't recommend Blue Host or Hostgator, then which would you recommend? Basically I want a reliable host, lots of space, plenty of bandwith, CPanel and all those fun addons.
    I'd personally recommend A Small Orange or KnownHost. However I haven't had any first hand shared hosting experience for a few years now. (Although I'm with KnownHost for their VPS services, and think they're great).

Hmm....

Quote Originally Posted by JetWash View Post
    Probably not, Hostgator is much Bigger than Bluehost!
    Umm... no they aren't. We have WAY more paid customers than they have, and our revenue is substantially higher than theirs. Just setting the record straight
    Matt Heaton / President Bluehost.com - Hostmonster.com

Could be wrong, Should I or Should I not Cancel my service with Bluehost??

Let me see ... 1.2.3 !

Quote Originally Posted by mheaton View Post
    Umm... no they aren't. We have WAY more paid customers than they have, and our revenue is substantially higher than theirs. Just setting the record straight
    I've never dealt with BlueHost, but I'll say that even though HostGator isn't the biggest, I love them. I especially love how Brent manages his business and still has time to socialize. I've got a lot of respect for Brent.

search more in google u can get more

search in google for affordable and cheap web hosting hope u will fing one for ur business
    Hi,

I am searching for a new host for my website. I am currently using OCHosting, and I have been using them since 2003. I was always happy with their service, but they were recently purchased by a larger company and I am finding the service less than satisfactory as of late.

I currently get 3 gigs of space with OCHosting for $19.95 a month, plus $20.00 a year for the domain name. They used to use CPanel for web editing, which I absolutely loved, but now they have downgraded to a lousy editor that never cooperates with me.

Does anyone have any good recommendations, or a starting point? I would really appreciate it, this is a big move and I don't want to make the wrong choice in a new web host.

Thanks!
    << Please review signature guidelines >>

ya hostgator is not bad.. ill have to look at hawk host..

I've tried both of these hosts and like them:

PolurNet
    HawkHost

They both use cPanel, are reliable and cost way less than $20/mo.

If I was too choose from HawkHost and Polurnet ....! Hmmm!

HAWKHOST FOR SURE ...

So how is your decision process coming along? I see that there have been quite a few suggestions and I was curious on your thoughts.

Post back and let us know!
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Well, I thought Hostgator sounded really good, but the posts have been back and forth on it. I also liked Hawkhost, and there seems to be enough positive feedback here regarding it. Are there any users here? How often do they have down time?

As a suggestion, go for a host covering your real needs, and not the biggest package that you money can buy.

TBH Cloey there isn't much wrong with Host Gator, There service is pretty good and there support is good aswell. Also some people have said on here that they like Bluehost aswell And bluehost support are very helpfull people.
    http://Rapidsoftware.co.uk Creators of Silent Screen
    http://Yesitsolutions.co.uk IT Support / Web Design Solutions

Bluehost Maybe Not!?

I was with Bluehost for two years. I had nothing but problems with continual excessive downtime and email never worked on one of my accounts. Bluehost service and servers were unreliable with the three separate accounts I had with them.

Bluehost is one of the worst hosting companies I have used. I would definitely NOT recommend them.

Now, I am using Downtownhost and A2hosting and haven't had any problems with either of them.

Read my Bluehost review.

Hmm try to ask someone you trust and go for a smaller company that has time to give good support and less crammed servers.

From what i see this forum is full of hosts and rewiews so you should be able to find a good host by simply clicking on the guys signatures hehe. Not favouring anyone here, just that I have had better experiences with a medium size company that can give a personal assistance and maybe even become a friend of yours in time instead of forgetting you in the crowd of clients.

I think I'm going to go with Hawk Host. I really liked Host Gator's features, but Hawk Host has better prices. Besides, if I'm not satisfied with Hawk Host after a while, then I may buck up and pay the prices of Host Gator.

Thank you all for your advice!

No problems cloey, Glad you made a Decision and Good Luck with hakwHost

Thread cleaned. Let's keep this conversation on track and not promote our own hosts, please.

Alex