Thumbs down Very bad expirience with UK2. Terrible service...

Hi.

On 2-nd of May I have ordered a server in uk2.net...
    I have needed a custom configuration with 4x SATA HDD RAID0, so I have ordered a following package:
    Bronze server
    4 ports RAID
    4xsata 80G
    RAID0 configuration
    no control panel
    3 ip
    100 Mbit restricted to 10000 GB pm

for three months for
    + Subtotal
    + VAT 17.5%
    + Total (GBP)

Not only that I had to wait for installation for 10 days. I am still ready to understand it, considering a non-standard configuration and holidays. But then more interesting things started to happen...

The server has been established with incorrect partitioning though I obviously specified desirable in correspondence with their support before the order. I had to wait again, until everything was fixed. Then the server started crashing few times a day with the message "i/o error". The reference to support did not fix a situation. They told, that it looks like a bad cable and it was replaced, but in few hours the situation has repeated... I wrote them again and ask for refund. They offer me reinstall of server on new drives and told that their billing department works Monday-Friday and they will come back to me ASAP. I didn't wish to wait for reinstall, I didn't wish to deal with this company anymore, too much problems from the beginning.

On Monday (May,19) there was no answer fom billing and I've sent ticket for a refund to them direcly. But they just ignores it. I wrote and called them multiple times on a last 10 days period! No adequate answer. On the phone they send from one to another, then tell, that 3-rd is not on a place at the moment, wait, we shall call you... I have called to them again today (4th? 5th try?), but they starts asking me again what's a problem, whether i sent ticket to support...And finally told me to call later. I've sent a mail to Ditlev aka Eming on Friday, but there were still no answer. It's closed loop...

I've lost enough time and money, and now I have good serv from another company.

I would never go to UK2.net again. I advise to all to keep from them far-far away.

Sorry for my English.
    Last edited by kernins; 05-27-2008 at 03:56 PM.

There is representative here from UK2. I am sure he will help you.

Hi Kernins, Welcome to WHT.

I'll have someone look into this, could you send me your server ID pls.

Also, you said you mailed me - I did not get a mail from you. Please send to [email protected]. And, monday was a national holiday, so billing would not answer calls/tickets that day.

I am in our Chicago office now, but get me a serverID and I'll get you a refund in the morning UK time.

tnx
    D
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com & SolusVM.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net

Oh god! Sure, this company came from hell!
    They've finally processed my refund on June,4 but this definitely not became happy end... They've (intentionally?) not deleted my account! And now I get 2 (two!) invoices for serv renewal of one and the same server for total amount of 416 pounds! This is more than terrible, i have no words...

I've called them 3 times, but noone answered.

Respected Eming, I know you will read this, I demand immediate cancellation of this charges or immediate and full refund if transaction will be completed. Otherwise I will sue.

Server was Server52743, invoices 3223249 and 3223253, orders 3223249 and 3223253
    Last edited by kernins; 08-05-2008 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kernins View Post
    Oh god! Sure, this company came from hell!
    They've finally processed my refund on June,4 but this definitely not became happy end... They've (intentionally?) not deleted my account! And now I get 2 invoices for serv renewal of one and the same server for total amount of 416 pounds! This is more than terrible, i have no words...
    If you do not click "do not renew" in your control panel, servers are renewed.

I've called them 3 times, but noone answered.
    We have had 168 calls to billing today, missed 12 - you might be one of those 12, I dont know. But waiting time has never been above 1 minute.

Respected Eming, I know you will read this, I demand immediate cancellation of this charges or immediate and full refund if transaction will be completed. Otherwise*I will sue.
    NP - I will be happy to refund you. We keep a "leave all clients happy or refunded" policy and for some reason I dont think you will be a happy client

All this could have been settled with an email to me though - then I would have taken care of it

Now that this is taken care of - join in the other discussions here at WHT, it can be used for so much more...

Best,
    Ditlev
    Last edited by eming; 08-05-2008 at 02:03 PM.
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,

If you do not click "do not renew" in your control panel, servers are renewed.
    Great! Ever cancelled and refunded servers can be auto renewed! Miracles... And also delete my account Server52743 please.

Great! Ever cancelled and refunded servers can be auto renewed! Miracles... And also delete my account Server52743 please.
    Check your mail, its done - and no, cancelled servers are not rebilled. Anyone bothering to click "do not renew" in the control panel will not be renewed...

We have more than 5000 servers under management, we do not go in a deal with individual servers, trying to keep rebilling on intentionally, we really dont

We are short on space as it is, so we dont want unhappy clients

D
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,

Either if you are disappointed by UK2, here we see a very professional behavior.
    Nobody is perfect! My name is nobody!

I have good experience with UK2 may be only case..

TBH, I don't know 100% of what gone on, but the refund time seems a little bit high, though I do commend UK2 for stand-up behavior!

I still have not recieved this refund...

I am sure the refund has been processed, it is now up to your bank/credit card provider to make sure the money finds it's way to your bank account. Money has left our side a while ago.
    Again, that info could have been given to you had you contacted us/me...
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,

Thumbs up to UK2 for their professionalism.

Some clients are easier to satisfy than others and on this one I agree with Ditlev....even if he were to leave the office and personally deposit the cash at the op's bank branch one wonders if that would achieve gratitude.

I wonder what hostinghell domains are up for grabs this gives me an idea to start a blog regarding customers and the pains of being a webhost.

owm
    Last edited by Outlaw Web Master; 08-12-2008 at 12:23 PM.
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

Yes excellent work by UK2 on how they handled this.

The customer was in a rush I can understand that. Maybe the customer should use a server provider in their own country that way they will understand what a national/bank holiday is.

Every company makes mistakes when they provision boxes. From Softlayer down to Burst. The issue is how they resolve the problems and it seems UK2 have done a rather nice job. You've got a refund and now you can find somewhere better for the money. Good luck hunting
    Damien

Quote Originally Posted by djorgensen View Post
    From Softlayer down to Burst.
    Perhaps you should expand your knowledge of hosting providers out there. Also do not agree with putting Burst at the "bottom of the spectrum". (Without stating why or by what measure) For me, Burst have been pretty good and they do have some good support people. Just pointing out, not very fair nor decent of you to drag an decent provider into this thread which is about UK2.

Im saying that you cannot suggest that people dont make mistake when you provision. Its nothing new, I have been on the receiving end of it a few times and UK2 have given a refund pretty easily.

My previous experiences were not quite as easy or straight forward as that. So hats off to them.

Perhaps you can enlighten me to a provider that has never made a "**** up" before?
    Damien

They've tried to refund on the next day but have entered mistaken credit card number. I've called them and provide correct number, but before I wrote here again nothing was done...

May be they provide a good service, but this is not my case. This server should be completely canceled and not renewed...but for some reson it was renewed. And now I should spend my time, achieving the refund...

Now I've recieved credit note from UK2 billing, so I think refund has been processed.

kernins, sorry to hear about your news. where are your sites hosting now?

Now I have some servers in PoundHost.com. Their CP is not very good, there are no invoices, bw graphs are in megabits, but they offers bw in Tbytes... But servers and network are great...

hehe - will this thread never die
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,

Cudos to UK2 for the professional way in which they have been seen to handle this situation.

kernins Are you sure you are in the right industry?

Whilst I entirely understand the legitimacy of the problems that you experienced it seems that they have affected you emotionally beyond reason. The truth is that this is a highly complex industry with proportionate factors of failure, including your own it seems, in not clicking the 'Do not renew option.' The option is provided. It was your responsibility to have used it, no one else's.

This concerns me the most, actually on your behalf:
    Respected Eming, I know you will read this, I demand immediate cancellation of this charges or immediate and full refund if transaction will be completed. Otherwise I will sue.
    Are you serious? The man at the top of UK2, Ditlev Bredahl, CEO, invited you to deal with him personally and to resolve any problems that you had. He also provided you with ample explanations as to how the matter arose in the first place and dragged on for so long. Do you seriously think that is grounds to successfully sue? Trust me, it is not. Had you tried you would have raped yourself financially and had no time left to actually run your business. You would 100% have lost! Not a good plan my friend.

In any case, why sue just because someone has sent you an invoice? That just does not stack up. If you are incorrectly invoiced, simply return it, unpaid with an explanation thus putting the ball in the supplier's court. Let them worry about litigation while you concentrate on making money. Always be polite and calm. That way, if ever it does get to Court, you are not seen to be an antagonistic, aggressive combatant.

Such pointless business arguments should be avoided. And making that threat public here was also a very bad move on your part. How can your customers trust someone who is that volatile and reactionary? How heavy handed would you be with your customers? It scares me. How expensive will this bad publicity, that you have created, turn out to be for you? How many possible future clients have you just lost? How many great deals from potentially great suppliers who may now avoid you have you just lost?

We live and learn I guess. But you would be wise to consider the impact of what you say in public because there is far more to that than meets the eye. Take care, best wishes and good luck.
    Last edited by Mach4-Chris; 08-15-2008 at 07:03 AM.

kernins Are you sure you are in the right industry?
    Absolutely.

First time I wrote and called to support about a week... Every time they asked some questions and told to call tomorrow, but tomorrow they starts asking the same questions as first time. It was closed loop. Nothing was done until I wrote here. This formed my opinion about this company and further relation to it.

in not clicking the 'Do not renew option.'
    Do you really think that this is normal that cancelled server was autorenewed?

Why should I spend my time trying to resolve problem that should not occur?

Quote Originally Posted by eming View Post
    hehe - will this thread never die
    it's like a bad smell.......it lingers in the air.

obviously the dude never clicked the do not renew button and therefore paid the miserable consequence.

The sentence...."Why should I spend my time trying to resolve problem that should not occur?" should be read as "With hindsight, I wish I had just clicked the 'do not renew' button and I would have saved myself all the hassle"

owm
    Last edited by Outlaw Web Master; 08-16-2008 at 12:01 PM.
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

Well done to UK2 on their handling of the issue. Seems like yet another never-happy customer, no matter what (even if it really is their own fault).
    Afterburst - the best unmetered VPS - read why here!

Oh come on, don't blame kernins

Very similar story was with me to.
    I have ordered typical server. In U2 webiste is written, server should be ready in 24 hours after check of identity. However i didn't get no word form them after 24 hours and after 48 hours to. Becouse i was needet I have orderert server from other company.
    But here go, after 5 days! they finally send for me email - my server is ready.
    I writet to them that i don't need it any more, becouse is faar to late and need refund. After few email they finaly refunded my money but just for rent ceaping ~60punds for setup. I'm asked refund setup fee to, but tehy refused, becouse "setup fee is not refundable"
    Funiest thig is that, that they sayd that server was ready in 24 hours, just person form staff did not informed me about that.
    Nice, i have to pay for UK2 staff mistakes.
    Well this notice is very short. But i have writen more like 10 emails. UK2 ansvered them from 1 day to 10 days !!!
    And again, after some time they (when my server and account is canceled) they sending form me invoice. Mecouse of this funy reniew thing.
    By whe way they never, 100% never ansvered phone.
    Maybe they have good network, but support and customer system is totaly use less.
    If some body form UK2 would like to know more, my ticked story is:
    [#XDJ-720473]: please cancel server and refunf money

P.s. sorry for my English, this leanguage is not native and i'm very angry on UK2

Quote Originally Posted by darrka View Post
    Oh come on, don't blame kernins

Very similar story was with me to.
    I have ordered typical server. In U2 webiste is written, server should be ready in 24 hours after check of identity. However i didn't get no word form them after 24 hours and after 48 hours to. Becouse i was needet I have orderert server from other company.
    But here go, after 5 days! they finally send for me email - my server is ready.
    When asking about server setup time, you were told 24-48 hours after verified ID is sent and processed with us (ID ZLC-405254).

Most servers are servers are setup within 24 hours, a lot within 2-5 hours depending on configuration. Around 75% of our orders are fraud, and especially orders from specific non-western countries needs a lot of checks before they can be verified. That might have been the case here, I don't know.

I am not able to tell you what has gone wrong in this case without talking with my team, but I will get back to you monday (via mail) on that.

I writet to them that i don't need it any more, becouse is faar to late and need refund. After few email they finaly refunded my money but just for rent ceaping ~60punds for setup. I'm asked refund setup fee to, but tehy refused, becouse "setup fee is not refundable"
    True, the large majority of servers are bought and setup on a client-by-client basis, and we do not refund setup fee's. Thats in our terms and conditions, and open for everyone to see before ordering.

Funiest thig is that, that they sayd that server was ready in 24 hours, just person form staff did not informed me about that.
    Nice, i have to pay for UK2 staff mistakes.
    Well this notice is very short. But i have writen more like 10 emails. UK2 ansvered them from 1 day to 10 days !!!
    Again, I'd have to look into the specific case to tell you whats wrong. But I can see that most of your tickets were answered within hours...Please note that many of your tickets were with billing/sales and they do not work weekends/nights/holidays.

By whe way they never, 100% never ansvered phone.
    Sorry to be so direct on this: BUT THAT IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE.
    We have open offices in UK2, so everyone is in one large open space, and I sit RIGHT next to the call center (I like to hear whats going on ) and I can also see the avg. waiting time, lost calls and number of calls waiting. I have to tell you that 95% of calls are answered within 2 minutes, and 75% within 1 minute.
    My team are bonus'ed (and penalized) on this - if lost calls are above 7% they get hit hard on their salary/bonus.

Maybe they have good network, but support and customer system is totaly use less.
    Yes, our network kicks *** - but if your statement regarding our support were shared by our +5000 serverclients WHT would be plastered with reviews like yours.

Listen - we might have screwed up here, I am not denying it - but I can not tell from your tickets. We setup several racks/day and from time to time we will make mistakes. I'd be happy to look into it and get back to you monday with a longer reply.

P.s. sorry for my English, this leanguage is not native
    I think you got your point through
    Last edited by eming; 08-17-2008 at 02:15 PM.
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,

Well. I know there are some really bad days. (we say "like on purpose"). I'm understand your company is really big, and company can't grove up if it have bad service. But everything would been OK if after screwed my order you would cancelled IN FULL my order and refunded ALL my money. Because this was your staff fault. But you didn't .
    And the that terrible service response time.
    Here you writing again "Sorry to be so direct on this: BUT THAT IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE." Not you working with phone. right? But I was calling. Right? I think you will agree, I know better I get response or not. How you can tell this to me, that's again destroying respect for your business. The same about emails.
    Don't do advert that you answering emails fast. Please see on Monday, how fast was answered my email writhed on 21/05/2008. It was after 10 days on 31/05/2008. Then you can check how fast was answered this ticked:[#UBT-554147]: freeBSD. It was not ansvered at all. Well it was, but i was asking do you have servers with freebsd, and you after 8 yours twice answered "We have suffered a localised power outage in one of our datacentres". This ticket was second reason why i was desidet to cancel server before i even start using it.
    Please dont tell me more that you was right all the time, and i'm just stupid guy which dont know how to use the phone.

Well. I know there are some really bad days. (we say "like on purpose"). I'm understand your company is really big, and company can't grove up if it have bad service. But everything would been OK if after screwed my order you would cancelled IN FULL my order and refunded ALL my money. Because this was your staff fault. But you didn't .
    And the that terrible service response time.
    Here you writing again "Sorry to be so direct on this: BUT THAT IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE." Not you working with phone. right? But I was calling. Right? I think you will agree, I know better I get response or not. How you can tell this to me, that's again destroying respect for your business. The same about emails.
    Don't do advert that you answering emails fast. Please see on Monday, how fast was answered my email writhed on 21/05/2008. It was after 10 days on 31/05/2008. Then you can check how fast was answered this ticked:[#UBT-554147]: freeBSD. It was not ansvered at all. Well it was, but i was asking do you have servers with freebsd, and you after 8 yours twice answered "We have suffered a localised power outage in one of our datacentres". This ticket was second reason why i was desidet to cancel server before i even start using it.
    Please dont tell me more that you was right all the time, and i'm just stupid guy which dont know how to use the phone.
    You have submitted two tickets to Support, one (UBT-554147) was submitted with "low" priority, and was answered 8 hours after. That was a tough day for us, and the ticket was answered late - and the reply msg did not make much sense I admit.
    The other (DUN-418040) was with "medium" priority, and was answered (twice) within 20 minutes.

You have submitted a bunch of tickets to sales and billing, we answer them as fast as possible, but our main focus is supporting our current clients.

Regarding your other statements, please provide me with the days you have called us, and the number you have called to and from, then I will be able to look it up in our system and let you know EXACTLY the waiting time at the time you called, and how long time you waited before you gave up.

We have almost a million paying clients across the group - we answer them when they call us.

I will not be discussing all these details out in the open, and I am pretty sure the WHT readers are aware of both our views on this issue, so this will be my last post in this thread.

As always, you are more than welcome to mail me directly ([email protected]) if you have further questions.

D
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,

Do I have to log when I'm calling to somebody?
    You again blaming me for no reason, telling you answering OTHER tickets very fast, but you NOT READING what I’m writing.
    I was writing about ticket #XDJ-720473 which you not answered for 10 days. You want me to be exactly. I send email on 21/05/2008 get answer on 31/05/2008. Why no word about that?
    About ticket UBT-554147. I was asking about FreeBSD, after 8 hours you answering about power outage. How can you treat this as an answer?
    But all that is nothing.
    As you have promised, you have cheeked my history today. You found why my server was ready just after one week. And you did not say anything about that here. Why? Why you keep blaming me, but you not see where is your company fault?

Hey, I was calling from Skype, so have logs:
    +448452768020 2008.05.16 10:24 I remember robot have said to call to other place.
    +448006122142 2008.05.16 10:25 then to another which is premium line
    +449051680086 2008.05.16 10:27 and then no answer
    +448452768020 2008.05.21 11:31 no answer
    +448452768020 2008.05.21 11:50 no answer

And you can do another penalty for your staff to day.
    I just have called to +448006122142 option 1 and no answer. 2008.08.18 4:55 Pm

But the main thing is not tickets and not the phone. The main thing, you have late to setup server and I have to pay for that. You refusing all that, and blaming me.

I am sure the refund has been processed, it is now up to your bank/credit card provider to make sure the money finds it's way to your bank account. Money has left our side a while ago.
    Again, that info could have been given to you had you contacted us/me...
    A refund has been processed (I've recieved credit note from uk2) only few minutes, may be couple of hours, _after_ i wrote here that refund still not processed.
    They've tried to refund on the next day but have entered mistaken credit card number. I've called them and provide correct number, but before I wrote here again nothing was done...
    I didn't mean that I still have not recieved money, I did mean that I havn't recieve ever msg from uk2 billing before I wrote here again.

obviously the dude never clicked the do not renew button and therefore paid the miserable consequence.
    Appears there are pepoles who really thinks that _cancelled_ servs _can_ be rebilled automatically...and that this is absolutely normal)) heh...
    When you recieve a lot of messages from clients at the same day saying that serv is down again... and will try to find repacement in time...losing a lot of time...then, i'm sure, you will have no time for buttons...
    And, as I sad later, canceled serv should not be rebilled automatically...

Seems like yet another never-happy customer, no matter what
    You are wrong. I'm happy now with other company))

Yes, our network kicks ***
    But there is better... BlueSquare's, for example.

You again blaming me for no reason, telling you answering OTHER tickets very fast, but you NOT READING what I’m writing.
    I was writing about ticket #XDJ-720473 which you not answered for 10 days. You want me to be exactly. I send email on 21/05/2008 get answer on 31/05/2008. Why no word about that?
    It is usual their practice...Ignoring negative examples and giving their own. Explanations which are not maintaining any critics on closer examination...
    We have had 168 calls to billing today, missed 12 - you might be one of those 12, I dont know
    3 calls of 12 are mine?! 25%? Heh, I'm lucky))

Quote Originally Posted by eming View Post
    I will not be discussing all these details out in the open, and I am pretty sure the WHT readers are aware of both our views on this issue, so this will be my last post in this thread.

As always, you are more than welcome to mail me directly ([email protected]) if you have further questions.

D
    I would just move on. If they agreed to a refund, they will get it processed for you I'm sure. But just in case if you don't receive the refund in the next week or so, (which probably won't happen) file a dispute or chargeback - it's what they're there for.
    My education is finally over at 28... But now I am looking for a full time job and tru lurrv...
    Have you found the WHT rules & guidelines? Took me 4 years!

Unhappy

That's what i get in response to my email:
    Hi Darrka, We have given you a refund for the server, something most other hosting companies would not do, but we are not able to refund the setup fee, its in our terms and conditions that you agreed to before signing up. You have not exactly been telling the truth online, and you have done everything you can to damage us * so honestly, I will not go out of our terms and conditions in this case, I see no reason for doing you any favors. Best, Ditlev
    and my answer.
    I see you are God. Only you know what is right and what is not. Everything what i was writing online was true. Because you keep blaming me that i'm a liar i will send this your email online to. I'm not liat, everything what i was writing is true. I don't need even refund. Its jus sad that you are so selfish and can't accept your foul.

End of my discussion

Indeed, the UK2.net website is bad - no detailed information about prices and features. Just the 3-/6-months free web hosting catch - that's all.