reselling hosted ecommerce?

Hey,
    Before asking this I need to emphasize that we currently do NOT offer ecommerce to resellers, and you would not be able to buy that from us - even if you asked...

Right, with that out of the way , I'd like to get your input on launching a reseller package for hosted ecommerce.

Would any of you be interested in reselling a hosted shoppingcart solution?
    I mean, if you could buy a reseller account with unlimited licenses (incl. ssl’s) to a top-of-the-line commercial shoppingcart - would you? Would you have enough potential ecommerce clients to be interested?

And if interested, at what pricelevel?

D
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com & SolusVM.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net

sorry i read the whole post wrong and posted a totally wrong reply.... lol

This is really a nice idea, infact I am already searching such a provider who processess all secure payment activities in a fair amount of money.

I am not sure if you are going to implement your own custom created cart or having a custom application like oscommerce or shop-script.

For a reseller a custom solution is more suitable, but that is going to have a lot of limitations and less features? Please explain a bit more about implementation of such solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Woooo View Post
    (...)
    For a reseller a custom solution is more suitable, but that is going to have a lot of limitations and less features? Please explain a bit more about implementation of such solution.
    Thanks for input!

We do not have this currently as mentioned, but ideally it would simply be a normal cpanel reseller account with a commercial shoppingcart script attached to it that could be installed by the reseller and the resellers client in a really easy way...

We would go for one of the high end scripts out there - the 5-800usd ones, and try to make a good deal with them that we could pass on to our resellers as a flat rate.

So, the resellers would pay a fixed amount per month ($99 or so?) and get a reseller account with all the normal features of sites like autica.com, but we would incl. unlimited shoppingcart licenses as well. That would enable resellers to launch a hosted shopping cart product to their clients...basically like shopify, but just better since it would come with ftp/ssh/cpanel/etc. as well, makes sense?

D
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,

Ditlev,

I can see what your thinking but would it not just be cheaper for your resellers to install oscommerce or zencart et al for free ?

I mean they can just install them for their customers.

I just think what your saying would push up the cost on a monthly basis too much. If however you had your own system which you put out lots of templates and charged a nominal fee like $10 a month or per license it would be far more attractive.

Just my 2 cents.
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

Quote Originally Posted by FHH - Tim View Post
    Ditlev,

I can see what your thinking but would it not just be cheaper for your resellers to install oscommerce or zencart et al for free ?

I mean they can just install them for their customers.

I just think what your saying would push up the cost on a monthly basis too much. If however you had your own system which you put out lots of templates and charged a nominal fee like $10 a month or per license it would be far more attractive.

Just my 2 cents.
    I see what you mean, but many MANY clients really prefer to use a commercial shopping cart. UK2 has more than 2000 clients on our hosted shopping cart, so I am sure that the enduser clients are out there - I am just not sure if its a product to launch for resellers...and if they would be willing/able to pay extra for it.

D
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,

I have seen your ecommerce in action and its good but I just think "normal" resellers may not jump on the idea of paying $99 a month.

If you can get the pricing low enough or setup a licensing scheme where no monthly fee is payable unless the soft is being used, then it could definetly work.
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

Quote Originally Posted by FHH - Tim View Post
    I have seen your ecommerce in action and its good but I just think "normal" resellers may not jump on the idea of paying $99 a month.

If you can get the pricing low enough or setup a licensing scheme where no monthly fee is payable unless the soft is being used, then it could definetly work.
    I guess we could do that - add like $5/month/license or somthing like that?
    If I was a reseller I'd just prefer to pay a flat rate...

D
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,

About licenses : you could have both options.
    a) starter : pay X for every license
    b) flat rate : pay XX for unlimited
    c) when a reseller reaches XX in separate licenses, then it would upgrade to flat free/unlimited.

This type of service would be ideal for webdesigners (there are lots of them that do not know programming) and not the typical WHT reseller - You could have more interest and feedback in a web designer forum.

Ideally, the shop should have an easy way for a designer to make his/her own theme.

There is a similar service for webdesigners, a hosted CMS and works similar. I cannot remember it right now.
    Antonis Adamakos @ FuzzFree :: Fully Managed Web Hosting, Development, Online Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by tonyFF View Post
    About licenses : you could have both options.
    a) starter : pay X for every license
    b) flat rate : pay XX for unlimited
    c) when a reseller reaches XX in separate licenses, then it would upgrade to flat free/unlimited.

This type of service would be ideal for webdesigners (there are lots of them that do not know programming) and not the typical WHT reseller - You could have more interest and feedback in a web designer forum.

Ideally, the shop should have an easy way for a designer to make his/her own theme.

There is a similar service for webdesigners, a hosted CMS and works similar. I cannot remember it right now.
    Thats actually a very good idea, might just go with that if we can make it work in our billing system...

D
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,

Hosted ecommerce is actually a wide term, We can include 3 categories:

1. Primary : one who is only doing business less then $500/mo
    2. Mediate : One who is doing business upto $10000/mo
    3. Established : One who is doing business upto 100k/mo

So lets assume 90% customer base will be primary with this solution, and with this kind of hosted solution where a cart and processing are turnky, with reliability of a name like UK2 and all SSL securities for customer assurance, it can be quite a big market.

The biggest threat during implementation is software framework as far as i can think, business model is easy to go.

Thanks for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by Woooo View Post
    Hosted ecommerce is actually a wide term, We can include 3 categories:

1. Primary : one who is only doing business less then $500/mo
    2. Mediate : One who is doing business upto $10000/mo
    3. Established : One who is doing business upto 100k/mo

So lets assume 90% customer base will be primary with this solution, and with this kind of hosted solution where a cart and processing are turnky, with reliability of a name like UK2 and all SSL securities for customer assurance, it can be quite a big market.

The biggest threat during implementation is software framework as far as i can think, business model is easy to go.
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,