migrate from cPanel to PLESK

Hello,

we should change our cpanel to plesk.
    what's your suggestions and what should I do for this ?

the CSF Firewall can run on PLESK ?

Which version plesk ? CSF firewall will not run on Plesk. you can go with APF firewall.
    www.24x7servermanagement.com
    Server Management, Server Security, Server Monitoring.
    India's Leading Managed Service Provider !! Skype: techs24x7

If you happen to use vbulletin software and/or anything related with the DB applications i advice to think again before swithing to plesk. I have seen numerous number of my friends DBs being corrupted as Plesk somehow updates the Mysql software when upgrading itself to the most recent version.

Just want to share my experiences. Not saying Plesk is bad but be carefull.

I don't have any information about Plesk and I don't know what version I should have used. Would you please tell me what I can don?

Unfortunately because we are Iranian the Cpanel didn't get any services to us and banned us so we should use another control panel and transfer the information to another one. First of all we choose the PLESK. We will really get happy if you suggest any better ones and tell us.

Plesk is the next best after cPanel and I seem to remember seeing a cPanel to Plesk migration tool in Plesk.

http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk...uide/17348.htm
    Last edited by jhadley; 05-27-2008 at 04:52 AM.

I just have an advise for you " Dont to that"
    pleask has very lesser features compare to cpanel and one of them is for Ex you cant have addon domain on it!

For the record, it is possible to update with Plesk Updater without updating or upgrading MySQL; it is not possible, to my knowledge, to upgrade with Plesk Updater, and not keeping to the latest version.

Also, if anyone's trying to compare Plesk and cPanel, be sure to refer to this old thread. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TehranCyber View Post
    I just have an advise for you " Dont to that"
    pleask has very lesser features compare to cpanel and one of them is for Ex you cant have addon domain on it!
    What is this addon domain that you can't have?

in cpanel you can have 1 host and then host other domain with different content with single Control panel but in plesk each account can only show on content and if you need to have another site you must creat a another account.

the good of this is you buy one cpanel account or give to user and they can host more than 1 site with different content

I am probably misunderstanding what you mean here because it just doesn't seem right. I have been using Plesk for one of my servers for the past few years. I gave myself a client account, and from that client account, I host six to twelve sites, each with a different domain name and content at any given time. So I know that Plesk is capable of doing this.

Migration from cpanel to plesk is a fairly straight forward task, assuming you are running 8.0 or above (8.4.0.1 is the latest) if you log in as admin, and go to server -> migration manager you can enter the login information to the cpanel server to migrate.

I also like to make an rsync copy of the old system before retiring it completely.
    Secure your server now: Atomic Secured Linux
    Troubleshooting Linux Firewalls in stores today

Eventhough PMM (Plesk Migration Manager) allows you to migrate accounts from Cpanel servers.MY advise is stick to your control panel and attempt intra control panel mgrations like plesk to cpanel and cpanel to plesk only if its a dire necessity.

Things will never go as smooth as you expect.Because both control panels are different in a lot of ways
    http://xtendweb.gnusys.net/
    Plug in Nginx & Plug in performance on cPanel systems
    WebOps on cPanel . Deploy webapps to multiple servers and scale horizontally

my data center said we should Install plesk in another hard drive and they will mount our old hard drive to slave and we should create each account manually and then copy my data from old hard drive to new one.

but we have about 800 accounts and I cannot create that accounts manually ! what should I do ?

@beginner

Try installing plesk..and check pmm in plesk

But i am warning again..you are just about to ruin your 800 accounts and piece of mind for a long long time.Just stick to cpanel

Plesk is no better than cpanel (if some1 have told you so !)
    http://xtendweb.gnusys.net/
    Plug in Nginx & Plug in performance on cPanel systems
    WebOps on cPanel . Deploy webapps to multiple servers and scale horizontally