Peacekeepers 'abusing children'

I hope the day never comes when I don't get upset by reading this type of story.
    Vist BBC for more info HERE

Children as young as six are being sexually abused by peacekeepers and aid workers, says a leading UK charity.

Children in post-conflict areas are being abused by the very people drafted into such zones to help look after them, says Save the Children.
    After research in Ivory Coast, southern Sudan and Haiti, the charity said an international watchdog should be created to deal with the issue.
    The UN has said it welcomes the report, which it will study closely.
    Save the Children said the most shocking aspect of child sex abuse is that most of it goes unreported and unpunished, with children too scared to speak out.

A 13-year-old girl described to the BBC how 10 UN peacekeepers gang-raped her in a field near her Ivory Coast home, and left her bleeding, trembling and vomiting on the ground.

This is horrible, I feel for the poor girl.
    Bill Bennett

I was reading this news earlier today.
    Really sad.
    A UN spokesman, Nick Birnback, said that it was impossible to ensure "zero incidents" within an organisation that has up to 200,000 personnel serving around the world.
    This man should be fired and jailed!
    Closed for winter...

Quote Originally Posted by BurakUeda
    A UN spokesman, Nick Birnback, said that it was impossible to ensure "zero incidents" within an organisation that has up to 200,000 personnel serving around the world.
    This man should be fired and jailed!
    Why? For telling the truth?

It *is* impossible to ensure zero incident within an organisation of most sizes. I know this for a fact. I work in the worlds largest youth organisation, and despite constant criminal record checks and other checks, there are still instances.

I don't see why he should be fired and jailed for telling you the truth. Am I missing something?
    - Jamie Harrop

Quote Originally Posted by Equentity - Jamie View Post
    Why? For telling the truth?

It *is* impossible to ensure zero incident within an organisation of most sizes. I know this for a fact. I work in the worlds largest youth organisation, and despite constant criminal record checks and other checks, there are still instances.

I don't see why he should be fired and jailed for telling you the truth. Am I missing something?
    I agree - it is impossible to know everything about everybody and it is impossible to monitor all members of a large organization at all times although in ideal world we wouldn't have these issues.
    Bill Bennett