Best Merchant Account

Im sick of the one im with now.

I want to know straight up, who is the best.

And no start-up fees.

I appreciate your comments.

Just curious....which one do u have right now and why are you sick of them?

im not going to say there names, but the fees are horrible, and i had to pay a setup fee. Not only that but the support is horrible.

So, im basically looking for a "no-upfront-fees" alternative.

Thanks.

i do wish you would expose the name of who you are with now so that we may catalog this incident for future reference of others. =) If not, it's all good.
    Geek 3 Computer Repair

im sorry i just dont feel right doing that. I know that if my company did something causing someone to make a post like this i would not want my name exposed (thats why i do good business so i dont have to worry about it)

so im sorry, what i really need is some help as to where i go now?

Awe, come on, name some names, everyone else does around here.

im sticking with my reason above, everyone has there right to anonymity, as well as privacy

Not even a little hint? Does it start with Tim? LOL, j/k

Originally posted by MilkMan
    Not even a little hint? Does it start with Tim? LOL, j/k
    please...lets at least try to stay on topic with this one

all i can tell you is there fee schedule

$300 setup

and 10% on charges.

Other than that (and the only otehr thing is there name) i will not disclose

Re: Best Merchant Account

I know a REALLY good one, but I don't like to say names on this message board

Originally posted by bigshow911
    Im sick of the one im with now.

I want to know straight up, who is the best.

And no start-up fees.

I appreciate your comments.

im sorry you feel like you have to get on me for doing that, is there something wrong with me respecting people's privacy?

besides, one of my friends owns a business, and he recommended me one, so thanks all for your commetns.

hostcharge do 0 setup +8% of sales or $19setup +4.5%
    if your looking for uk i only know worldpay i think they are around 300 setup?
    Freechariot.co.uk is uk based 85/year+75 setup

have you tried at authorize.net / clickbank.com (for only internet transferable products) / ibill.com (minimum setup fees)?

are you looking for a true merchant account or a third party processor??

for a good listing of merchant accounts try http://www.merchantworkz.com/ . it will let you comparison shop and to an extent compare apples and oranges.

and there was a post earlier (try searching on 'netherlands' that reviewed 3ed party processors that was rather good as well.

Barbara
    Access-Providers.com
    http://www.access-providers.com
    [email protected]

thanks all for your help, i have looked into all the requested ones, and i have chosen my favorite

Visa and MasterCard definitely offer the best merchant accounts.
    -Mark Adams
    www.bitserve.com - Secure Michigan web hosting for your business.
    Only host still offering a full money back uptime guarantee and prorated refunds.
    Offering advanced server management and security incident response!

Echo Inc

We have been sending our clients to Echo Inc for almost a year now. I feel with their pricing and service is the best, there isn't any merchant out there that compares. For starters they are not resellers, they own IT ALL. The bank, the processing system, the gateway, everything. That is also why they practically have no monthly fees. Here is a quick review:

$99 setup
    1.99 to 2.49% discount rate (fixed number in this area)
    30 Cents Trans.
    $10 Support/Statement fee.

That's it! The best part is the $10 monthly fee isn't charged if you don't process anything. No transactions, NO FEES!

No gateway fee, no monthly minimum, etc. Also, beat their chargeback price. First 5 free and the only $5 per chargeback after that!!!!

See: www.gotmerchant.com/echo/ for more details.

They have been in business since 1983, they have over 60,000 customers, 15,000 is Uhual Reps, and they are a multi-million dollar publicly held corporation.

See: www.echo-inc.com

NOTE: That monthly fee above is $10 if you tell them I sent you. If not, they will charge you the normal $19.95 price. :-)

Thanks
    Curtis Stevens
    www.gotmerchant.com - THE free guide to accepting credit cards!

www.gousms.com - Want to feel special? Find out what personal merchant services is all about!

Wow, that one sounds great. Im going to rethink the one I was going to fax all my info into, and take a look at that. Are they very reliable for transacations.? and what kind fo security level do you see that they have.

Yes, I had a merchant account with them for my personal business a few years ago and never had a problem. We have hundreds of clients with them and never received a single customer complaining.

Security side, I do know that "security" issues are spread over onto three people.

Curtis
    www.gotmerchant.com - THE free guide to accepting credit cards!

www.gousms.com - Want to feel special? Find out what personal merchant services is all about!

Good deal Curtis! Joshua, hope you find the solution you're looking for!
    Geek 3 Computer Repair

geez you people, why dont you go to bigshow911's site and try to sign up for one of his hosting plans, you will know who his 'merchant' is.
    *cough*pay*cough*pal
    Banner Design - Professional Designs - 24hr Turn-Around Guaranteed - 20DollarBanners.com

Online Photo Editor
    Retouch or Add effects to your photos with 1 click

haha, the only reason we use them is because some people prefer to use them, i dont know why you would, but still some people do, however, a week or so ago, we did have links for direct visa, mastercard payments, so no we havent always used paypal. I will still have paypal links thouhg, as some people prefer it.

Thanks to all, especially curtis,

Josh

Echo, Inc...

Curtis,

With Echo, does it offer a virtual terminal where you can enter in the credit cards from phone orders through a web based control panel?

Also, on the customer's credit card bill how does your name show up? Does it show your company name or does it show Echo?
    Thanks,

Cline Communications, Corp.
    [email protected]

Echo, Inc.

I would caution you to make sure the processor you are looking at is compatible with your existing software. We have had that problem with several of our clients who went out and signed up for what they thought was a good deal only to find out that their existing software did not support the gateway that was offered.

Barbara
    Access-Providers.com
    http://www.access-providers.com
    [email protected]

Does Echo require the merchant to have their own secure gateway? (and security certificate)
    Or does the merchant place a link on their own website that will lead the customer to the secure gateway provided by Echo?
    DANG DANG! DANG!!
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

Hi, I use http://cardpaymentsolutions.com/ that resells for Total Merchant Services and they have been really good to me. I think it cost about $90 or so to get setup and about $54 a month including all the fee's.

Mod note: This is not an advertisement. I use this company for my CC processing and I have no affiliates with them.
    Carolina Hosting Services
    http://www.carolinahosting.net | @CarolinaHosting | Facebook.com/CarolinaHosting
    VMware | cPanel | Linux | Softaculous | 16 Years Hosting Experience