starting to look bad

i have started with shared hosting with godaddy, then jumped to vps , but it started to look bad , every time CPU useage 60% to 100% , and today it is 100% none of my application or websites are using them resources , all my websites are slow and now they are even down ,
    i have submitted tickets 5 times for the same problem , answer : the node is having some trouble, restarted the node and things got back to normal, but withing a day or 2 same problem again , seems to me i have to watch over the vps and submit a ticket every time ..... made a mistake jumping to vps because it is slower then shared hosting, any one experiencing this problem please do share

Well I'd start by asking your VPS specs, how many sites are on it, what kind of sites are they? High volume? Big databases? All these things have an effect on it.
    Currently hosting with Big Brain Global Networks

Quote Originally Posted by TheHosted View Post
    Well I'd start by asking your VPS specs, how many sites are on it, what kind of sites are they? High volume? Big databases? All these things have an effect on it.
    sorry i think you posted while i was doing some edit, but websites are not that high , i have logged in with remot control " and that is befor the server went OFF NOW " and CPU was 100% no application was using it , the memory is on 188 usage but cpu 100% i will submit a screenshot here in a min
    Last edited by TvDomain; 05-26-2008 at 03:51 AM.

How much Ram and Bandwidth do you get? How many sites are on it? Are they html? or something else that uses databases?

How much Ram and Bandwidth do you get? How many sites are on it? Are they html? or something else that uses databases?
    not that much , this some thing that happens 1 time every 1 to 2 days , daily hits while i was monitoring the server that not affect it this way the screen shot above is one i will submit the one to show you the process TAb all applications are 0 usage

Well without you being more specific I'm not sure how I can help? I mean if your trying to fit 40 sites on a VPS with only 128meg ram that could cause a problem. I am asking these questions you help you and you just seem to be avoiding them. Everything I asked has some influence on how a server runs..

Well without you being more specific I'm not sure how I can help? I mean if your trying to fit 40 sites on a VPS with only 128meg ram that could cause a problem. I am asking these questions you help you and you just seem to be avoiding them. Everything I asked has some influence on how a server runs..
    there is 4 websites on the vps, mysql database are not even more then 5 mbs , 512 MB RAM vps windows O/S, no high traffic

if you look to the second screenshot you will see none of the application on VPS is useing the resources, only SYSTEM and that is related to the whole NODE Server where the vps resides

Didn't you have this same issue last month in a post I saw? If this is a recurring problem maybe the Node you are on is overloaded and causing the issue. I would suggest looking for a new VPS if that is the case. Where is your VPS located at?
    Last edited by MichelleH; 05-26-2008 at 04:10 AM.

Probably the node is overloaded. Other clients on the same server using all resources.

Quote Originally Posted by nibb View Post
    Probably the node is overloaded. Other clients on the same server using all resources.
    I second this observation. Most likely the host server is massively overworked causing major IO wait times for your node.
    Fast Serv Networks, LLC | AS29889 | Fully Managed Cloud, Streaming, Dedicated Servers, Colo by-the-U
    Since 2003 - Ashburn VA + San Diego CA Datacenters