Importing Big Database

Hello,

I currently own a gaming website, and it's database has about 70mb.
    I'm changing to a VPS, so today i put the site under maintenance, uploaded the files to the new server, changed the DNS of the domain, and when i was uploading the database (Using PhpMyAdmin), everything looked fine until after like 1:20 hs, the window changed from the "uploading" status to the login page of plesk.
    So i though "It must've finished"... but no, i logged in, and the database was empty, so apparently it didn't work.
    Maybe because my internet connection isn't very good (640k) and a timeout occured?, idon't know.. but the thing is,
    Is there a different way to upload the database that it isn't phpmyadmin?, or using it but uploading by small pieces, so this doesn't happen again... something like that.

I'd really appreciate different options, and as soon as possible, since i don't want to have my website offline for so long

Thank you very much!

Nick
    PSNick.com - Designing your way to the top!
    "...Destiny, thank you very much, cause i found the key to my heart, you're like a plant that blooms, that carries itself the light of a hidden flower..."

Upload the .sql file somewhere on your VPS and run the following command through SSH to restore the database.

mysql -u dbusername -p databasename < backup.sql

(replace “dbusername” and “databasename” with your database username and database name respectively; change backup.sql to the file name)

That's great!
    Although, how do i choose for which domain? Since i have 3 on my VPS.

Thanks!
    "...Destiny, thank you very much, cause i found the key to my heart, you're like a plant that blooms, that carries itself the light of a hidden flower..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sanma View Post
    That's great!
    Although, how do i choose for which domain? Since i have 3 on my VPS.

Thanks!
    The MySQL database isn't dependent on the domain.

Alright thanks!

I'll give it a try then ^^

I asked that because in plesk when you create a database you do it under a domain, but apprently it doesn't matter, thanks again!

EDIT: Where can i find the domain's folders with the files using virtuozzo, since some weird folders appear at first and i can't find the files.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Sanma; 05-26-2008 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Added some question.