Thread: Cpanel Access

Cpanel Access

Hi,

I would like to block external access to Cpanel through port 2082, however local access should be allowed. So the plan is to have a proxy setup on the server (which will be password protected) and then my team will use this to go to port 2082 and gain access to cpanel.

Hope someone gets what I'm on about, and can point in the direction of a tutorial, or if its even possible.

Regards

This is pretty simple to do. You can use a hardware firewall and block access to port 2082 to all IPs, except from the allowed IPs, or you can use IPTables on the cPanel server and do the same thing.
    BannerView.com - Energize your Business Online, powered by BannerOS, the platform that turns your website into a powerful business tool.
    Build your own website powered by BannerOS with our DIY service.

Install APF firewall on the server, it's easy to block ports altogether from external access, or you could limit it based on IP address.
    DesireSpace - Premium Website Hosting :: SHARED - RESELLER - DEDICATED

Wouldn't it be easier to just tick the box in tweak settings

"Always redirect users to the ssl/tls ports when visiting /cpanel, /webmail, etc."

Since I don't see you wanting to block access to the control panel, just to the non-SSL ports
    Hostigation.com - High Resource Hosting
    WHM/cPanel Servers for Hosting and Dedicated Needs
    SolusVM VPS Hosting - Big Features, Small Prices
    Like us on Facebook or follow @hostigation on Twitter