Question Recommendations, please?

I need a registrar who will offer a standard (.com or the like) domain name for less than $6.50. Is this possible while choosing a trustworthy registrar? If anyone can direct me to such a place, I would be so grateful. Thanks!
    * ~ . Rebecca :: Ripple . ~ *

Anytime you see a domain under $6.50 it is a "sale" and the registrar is losing money. www.name.com is reputable & currently has domains @ $5.99

Some suggestions:

Com and net :
    I suggest you domaincentral.com at 6.5 Exactly, i suggest this because is same price in renewals.

At name.com You can buy 5.99 but renewals are higher (you can transfer later to domaincentral.com, anyway)

I use both and no problem.

.org

Dynadot.com have an offer at 5.99 and is very good interfase, renewal higher, anyway.

you can use the same principles at .com/.net with orgs , but i go in first place for Dynadot.

For .infos exist a good offer in godaddy. High renewal, take care.
    Each registrar is a tool. Not all Tools are for the same thing

i like domaincentral.com

I think you need to do some research to find out what is the actual cost paid by a registrar to purchase a domain name.

Then, you can see what registrars are actually making money, and which are simply burning through venture funding and/or capital in order to attract more customers... and will be forced to eventually raise their prices to survive.

Good luck!
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    I think you need to do some research to find out what is the actual cost paid by a registrar to purchase a domain name.

Then, you can see what registrars are actually making money, and which are simply burning through venture funding and/or capital in order to attract more customers... and will be forced to eventually raise their prices to survive.

Good luck!
    That's a very good point. Thank you! I'll take a look around. Thanks, everyone who replied!
    * ~ . Rebecca :: Ripple . ~ *

Is more important consider how many domaisn you Have. If are less than 10, go to Dynadot / Namechaeap and you are safer for 30 USD at year (the extra USD you pay), but if you have as we, 100+ , then you need some tome risks.

How much a registrar pays to register a domain?

6.42 for com, then 6.50 Domaincentral Barely pay costs...

Quote Originally Posted by Licantropo View Post
    6.42 for com, then 6.50 Domaincentral Barely pay costs...
    Don't forget the .20 ICANN fee, the cost price is 6.62. Also Domaincentral are a reseller of DirectI (they are accredited under a different account).

I would stay away from someone selling new, renew and transfer below cost.

Yes and no Ronny. If you Purchase under them you get domains under Australian Domains, an ICANN acredited. They are not a Directi Reseller

I Forgot the 20 cents.

And how these registrars stay pay their bill and have profit then?
    With secondary services and backorders?

Yes and no. Mainly they ask for more $$ in renewal.

As example, www2.stargate do transfers for 5.95 but renewal as 14.95, name.com news as 5.99 and renewals at 7.99, etc.

Domaincentral.com Have not a Business of domains, is secondary, and i assume they want to get more "good faith good will" for no raising prices, they dont raise last year.

I think that domaincentral will raise their prices when they hit the customers that they want or when there is enough Buzz for domaincentral.com. Why don't go with godaddy and use their coupons for new & renewal ($6.95) at least you know that Godaddy is legit.

Yes But Godaddy TOS are abusive. SOme of US have Many domains with them, but i and others transfer away of them ASAP.

So, they dive discount on registration or transfer but their renew is more expensive? Good to know that...

BTW, about these registrars that ship each domain for $15, how are they worthy? Why ppl keep paying so much on them instead os transfering? I didn't see any benefit on them to justify these prices.

Yes, these is the ground. (Myself think safer about Domaincentral anyway)

The 15-35 USD Providers business is focused to people with very few domains ( some of they do good prices in bulk or have a low cost second front with the same ICANN credentials).

As Far i Know, the only plus 15 USD who really make a difference, is NETSOL, but they have horror stories too.

In My Personal Point of View, the Ideal REGISTRAR for Domain owners is have the important between DomainCentral/Dynadot/Moniker, and the rest in cheaper ones.

Myself bounce the less important domains between name.com / Stargate for the under 6 Renewals, and the important mainly in Moniker and Dynadot.

I suggest Dynadot because have own forums, and little or nothing problems ( the last was fixed in less than a week and was a legal one )